Thanks for the link Hamzy, it will definitely help me
I will consider also changing the icons menu on home page. I have a better ideea for that.
I am working on the second version of “My mobile page” template, and needed some feedback from the community
I am intersted more in:
1. How to improve the Headers typographic elements
2. Padding and spacing of elements from layout
3. Buttons design and gradients
And of course feedback on other things that you will find wrong on this version.
MobilyBlocks effect is crazy, nice job
I will definitely use it in one of my future projects.
I can give you some small feedback on the design at my first look.
If I where you I’ll change:
1. Paper texture, with a texture more smoothly cut off on the edges.
2. Logo text color with a color not to close to the background, you must have a bit of contrast there.
3. Menu needs a background, maybe a paper texture with a new color that match the color scheme.
4. I would add some other sections on main page. You have just latest posts, sidebar and footer.
5. And ofcourse more work on the general details like typography…etc
Thanks Ivor & dSKY .
seal: Thanks for the inspiration example, I will check the websites soon.
PS. I allready started to improve the quality of details to achieve a higher quality
Thanks mates , I am glad you like it.
I think I should continue with the design then.
The design is not bad,
A few things that pop up into my eyes at the first look are:
1. The big contrast that ribbon have and the poor contrast that home selected button have. I think you should work on the menu buttons a little, maybe a stroke, a light in the button interior.
2. I think you can try more diferent fonts for logo and titles.
I have done some themes for some clients in the past and give them for re-distribution. An example is when I have done a theme for a client to use it to promote their services thrue popular blogs. With that I have “lost” the author name. This was the condition. The client used that theme and said it was done by them. Also they give acces to the files only for premium members (so they are getting some money for that). I think this “hearts” a little for you as a designer seeing a nice theme and knowing you have done it, but it writes somebody else did it .
So you should definitely charge more for re-distribution. I think this is almost like “unique” and “nonunique” templates problem, “unique” templates are a little more expensive.
To bad I had to give up improving that theme, because it was rejected multiple times, with no small suggestions for improving from reviewers.