Your post is under review, but from what I see it is due to the following reason. Each author’s only the last item in one category will be visible in the home page. This I guess is to make it fair for everyone.
My guess is that the Author is not in a position to get here and reply. This product is one of the top sellers. The Author has replied till 28 days back. I don’t think any Author will leave at this stage unless until they have a very strong reason. May be the Author is going through some tough time. You never know until the Author gives a reply.
Buys the Product in a hurry without checking the description, demo or asking any presale questions. Finds the Product doesn’t work the way they assumed it will. Comes back to blame the Seller that the Product doesn’t work the way they expected (while it perfectly works the way it is described)...
Please note the support (post sale service) is not mandatory in Envato. Hence your negative feedback on it may have been removed by the Author by flagging it which I guess is fair. Please work with the Author and get support. Majority of the times the Authors here are more than willing to help the Buyers.
We want to make a few suggestions regarding the popular Envato’s Most Wanted competitions.
1. Currently when a item wins the Envato’s Most Wanted competition the author receives a badge (won a competition). Wouldn’t it be more appropriate if the item gets a recommendation with “This item had won a competition” badge similar to “This item was featured on CodeCanyon”?
The reason for this suggestion is when an author’s items have won more than 1 competition, still the author gets 1 badge (won a competition). Also there is no way to say which items won the competitions.
2. When the winners are announced, it would be better if the Envato’s Most Wanted competition thread is updated with the info that winners are announced. This is what usually happens but in the case of the last competition Envato’s Most Wanted: eCommerce Plugins the results were declared on Envato Notes and a new thread (http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/envatos-most-wanted-winners-ecommerce-plugins/137959) was posted. But we didn’t realize we won until a fellow author sent a congratulation message as we used to check the Envato’s Most Wanted competition thread for the results.
Please feel free to add your points.
As a side note
1. The Winners for Envato’s Most Wanted: eCommerce Plugins (http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/envatos-most-wanted-ecommerce-plugins-9000/130835) are announced and you can check the results at http://notes.envato.com/envatos-most-wanted/winners-ecommerce-plugins/
2. We won in a couple of categories for Best WooCommerce Plugins
Best Back-End Enhancement Plugin Best Marketing/Engagement Plugin
Congrats to all the participants and winners.
Congrats mate. Well deserved.
So my questions are: How far is an author meant to go to support a buyer? Also is there a way to give a refund if all else fails ?
In Envato support is not mandatory though most authors provide support.
Authors can’t decide on refunds. Only Envato can depending on the individual cases.
Thanks for announcing the winners.
Congrats to all the winners and participants.
FantasticPlugins saidabt number 1, support is not mandatory in envanto, but all seller put “SUPPORT” in their sale page, aren’t this against envato rules ?
1. Support is not mandatory in Envato meaning a Seller may or may not provide support.
2. You can rate the item as per your wish. Seller can’t abuse you no matter what.
A better approach from you as a buyer could have been the followingJust my thoughts. Thanks.
1. You could have asked the Seller for support first before giving a low rating.
2. Giving a low rating and then even if you say “I will change the rating if you provide support” definitely is not the best way to go about it.
Support is not mandatory but can be offered and in fact most authors do offer support. Not sure how this can break envato rules?