But I saw some of the template which used free image in their distributed file. (argo, plus-html, etc…). Also, what about background image. For background image placholder looks bad.
That doesn’t matter, maybe they contacted author of such image.
But there ARE some very nice images you can include even in the distributed file:
About 80 % images on Albumarium are under the http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ “license” (I will update the website soon, so that the license type for each image will be clearly visible)
Or – http://unsplash.com where you can do whatever you want with all of the images
@cipas Comments were in the first version, but noone was commenting anything, so I got rid of them. Maybe in the next update, because the traffic increased, I might add them again.
Thanks everyone for the comments! .
The feedback really helped and I’m preparing a big update – you will be able to filter images by license (you will also clearly see under what license which image is), the upload process will be more comfortable, there will be categories, better UX, ...
Flay saidIt’s an amazing idea, beautiful design, everything! For me though the above would stop me from ever using it. If you could ever find a way to regulate that then I think you’ll have a massively popular site there
No guarantee, tho, since I can’t be responsible for uploaded images where the uploader does not own the copyright.
Yea, I know . But I really don’t see a simple way out of this, because this applies for any image-sharing website.
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback! There will be a better navigation (along with the other stuffs you mentioned) in the next update .
Thanks for the feedback, Smartik!
- there is no need for a menu, users should use only the search function.
- there are specific “albums” for specific images, so the upload buttons relates only to the album where the user is, so uploading from homepage wouldn’t be possible
- I’ll try to do something with the report function
- You are right, the upload form is working, but the UX is bad and it isn’t properly coded, I’m trying to solve this with my developer
- You can upload as many photos at once as you want, but yea, for like 50+ it becames uncomfortable, I’ll think about how to improve this.
Thanks . There isn’t a lot of content, yet, but that will hopefully change soon.