(1) In the context of the Envato ecosystem, what does success mean to you?
- I agree with RubenBristian.
- When anyone start to create website or digital stuffs, they will think of Envato first.
(2) What do you want to achieve through our sites? What new things and in what new ways could we be helping you succeed?
1. Bulk purchase system is awesome. Many customers emailed us to get discount on bulk purchases but we had to deny them
2. It would be really awesome if the marketplace can create built-in support forum for authors. Now a day we have to use our support system and it’s not really good. Authors shouldn’t spend much time to create support system. It’d be great if marketplace can keep authors focus on their products (Hope not to wait till 2020 :D)
.... like this…
1. Yes you can but you will have to pay around $35 fee for each account.
2. if your local bank doesn’t use USD currency, it’ll be automatically converted to your local currency. (Your bank will convert it so you can check rate with them.)
Hope this help
I should be too slow here
Thank you very much Kailoon and Happy New Year! to everyone too!
GoodLayers saidDemo sites are for viewing only, they are not distributed.
IngeniousArtist saidI don’t think so. People who distribute celebrities image don’t actually have right to make it ‘Attribution 3.0 unported’.
can pictures of celebrities be used in the preview if it has the appropriate license? (such as Attribution 3.0 unported)
hm, but I think that it’s still not allowed anyway. Envato clarified pretty clearly here > http://2.take.ms/vZbZy
Please let me know if I miss any points.
We’re looking for support guys to answer inquiries from our customers.
If you’re interest please PM me through the form in my TF profile page.
Please provide the references to your works, describe your experiences, your expect rate or wage(We’re opened for Full time too!) and your time zone.
Thank you all!
The facts are – most authors complain that it’s becoming harder and harder to sell items here, yet there are a handful achieving exponential success – unheard of turn over compared to any other marketplace on the internet.
How is that a fact? I would say almost the entire opposite is a fact: In most marketplaces a very tiny amount of people make the majority of money. Its not even limited to digital marketplaces, this is a global phenomenon. It even has a name!
Its called the Pareto Principle or the 80/20 rule
On Istockphoto only 0,2% of the photographers earn 25% of the money. App stores are even worse:
At the beginning of the year, revenues from the apple app store and the google play store were examined and the result: 50% of the income is generated by 25 developers. (not even 25%, just 25 developers from among 275,000 of just the apple app store! Thats roughly 0,01% )
I made a rough estimation based on themeforest all time sales and the distribution ratio is A LOT better here. Even the top 50 Authors (1,7% of authors) combined do not crack the 50% mark of sales, which is hundred times better than the app store ratio and multiple times better than istock.
So please stop telling people how broken themeforest is when its in fact much fairer than most other digital marketplaces. It wont help anyone. It will only induce further complain-threads when the proposed changes do not show any significant impact on their earnings.
I wholeheartedly agree with those proposed changes: that front page exposure should be distributed equally, that the search needs to improve, that the popular items list should be updated once per day etc. But as authors we should mention those problems and then try to push our own product instead of complaining constantly and waiting that some new search algorithm will fix our business.Because taking a look at other marketplaces will tell you: it wont happen
Yeah! Well said Christian!
Just saw… Totally love it!
Thank you very much guys!
A little Q, so just to make sure if we have our own custom post type like portfolio, personnel … etc… Do we have to separate them as plugins?