I dealt with this last week too, but a different miserable company called Semalt. Here’s how my htaccess is written: https://twitter.com/falkowski/status/543297199640436736
Here’s how my mouse and Logitech settings are configured for Mac:http://manuals.gravitydept.com/workspace/mac-setup/system-preferences
Haven’t had any issues with acceleration / scrolling.
I had the MX 1000 (the first laser mouse), then MX Revolution which has started falling apart. Each lasted about 3-4 years. The little rubber grips on the mouse wheel and thumb wheel deteriorate then break apart. So it’s kind of sharp now to click.
I’m thinking about switching to the Razer Mamba — except I love the smooth scroll on Logitech’s mice. I can’t stand the click/click/click mode. I like that the newer generation has a USB charging cable but the Razer still has a giant base so it’s kind of useless when you travel (I do take my mouse).
I need a really big mouse that fills my hand (I can palm a basketball). In my opinion these still aren’t big enough.
Seems obvious to everyone but Envato no matter how many people argue for paid updates.
Who changed the title from “Item Support: A New Proposal” to just “Item Support:”?
That’s a bit weird.
View Staff Replies…or lack thereof.
This is definitely needed. It’s way to hard to keep track of threads Envato starts because they get slammed with questions and then Envato disappears for weeks.
@ natman — Tumbling down the rabbit hole. More questions:
1. In which country is Envato setting up the MOSS? Why?
2. What author information is given to the MOSS country?
3. What author information is provided to countries collecting tax from the MOSS?
4. What’s to stop an EU country from reviewing the payments collected through MOSS, and demanding the author provide proof? What is Envato’s commitment as supplier?
5. What if a non-EU author simply wants to opt-out of selling to the EU completely?
I’m sure every country in the EU doesn’t have the same data security standards. When this goes live our personal info (addresses, tax numbers, income) will start pinging around to different countries. The implications are not comforting.
Design at Envato:
1. Increase the body copy size by 23%.
2. Adjust nothing else in the typographic rhythm (headings, element sizes, or spacing) to match.
3. Compensate for ozone holes by creating miniature sun on the website.
I’d make a long-winded argument why 15px is the biggest it could have been stretched without changing other elements (and that would actually look nice), but Envato is constantly shooting for par.
This is going to stick just like the badges that nobody can decipher because they’re too small to see and too big for the forum.
@butterflymedia: Go for it. I’m always shocked how reluctant authors are to suggest hiring someone.
I think the key is to stop a person after 10 questions instead of 100. I would have said this after five questions max:
“If setting up the website is too technical, you may be more comfortable hiring somebody to assist you. Try contacting a freelancer who can work with you over Skype and help you make customizations.”