Posts by IngeniousArtist

1566 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

3×23”-widescreen monitor at 1920×1080, for a total work area of 5760×1080 pixels:

i wish i had a workstation like that :grin:

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

My current messy desktop

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

just for fun :P

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Funny, but at the same time, Sad :(

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

For you, free :P

I thought abt the same thing… but i need a site first :P

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

congrats mate :)

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

He wrote that his income increased by 100% for each month…
I think what he did was the right thing, for himself.

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

The only vacation i have now is going outside the house :|

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

congrats :)

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

“GettyImages and Yuri Arcurs

For a maturing photographer microstock is a great learning platform, but if you mistake “school” for “workplace”, you are in trouble. I did so for years.

I would estimate that for the last three years I tried very hard to convince myself that microstock was in fact the right place for the professional photographer. After all, my photography carrier was born here. Perhaps exactly because of that, I tried so hard to disregard a growing mismatch between microstock and myself, in product refinement, sophistication and budget. As we grew in skills, as our company grew, our distribution partners in microstock did not. Some agencies where ok, but in total, as a mass and as a workplace, the picture was not nice. Sometimes it felt like having a michelin restaurant inside a burger joint and at the same time having to match the prices. At some point the professional gets tired of selling 12 course testing menues at 0300AM at burger prices.

I tried everything I could for three years to inspire our microstock partners to close the gab. I submitted plans, did projection forecasts, showcased examples that worked, presented solutions and had literally hundreds of meetings. I tried every kind of approach I could think of to get the micro agencies to raise prices just a bit and leave place for the kind of photographer both photographers and customers love. I spent literally months in airplanes. No Luck.

Thinking back I must admit, that my chances where low: when 20% of the CEOs where sleeping in the sun, 20% had no clue what the industry was actually about, 15% thought that the only food customers needed was burgers and if they did not eat it for breakfast we just needed to convince them. The 45% rest where paralyzed by the initial success and for all means did not want the change anything.

In joining forces with GettyImages/IstockPhoto we where surprised to find that pretty much all the concerns we had as professional content providers where either already taken care of, or part of upcoming releases. If not, they would be now. The corporate culture at GettyImages and their ambition of constant product refinement was a perfect match with ours. And this is not to say that we don’t want to shoot “junk food” anymore, but simply that if we choose to do so, why not do it great with a partner that understands how to market it! For the first time in a long 7 years, we where impressed by our partners.”

1566 posts
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

I think this is better for a young marketplace such as PhotoDune.. Of course, for Envato it means less sales. But for regular authors (who don’t have 1000+ items in their portfolios) this could mean a better chance to sell their works.

Yes that is a plus point for all other photodune authors, but with his massive and awesome 65k portfolio gone, many buyers will go to that site… Many GR authors used his stocks, the flyers/websites and all other items were linked to PD, (Which is currently unavailable now that its deleted) And so the flyer buyers will go to that site… (including a lot of authors)

He is one of the biggest stock-photo providers, but there are also many others that fill the PhotoDune library. I don’t think this will put PD down. He left not only from PD, but from all other places but one, where he signed exclusive deal, as far as I know. Does it mean that all other stock-photo marketplaces will go down? Why so much drama about one guy? :P:D

Yes, He had a really big portfolio, and deleting it left a giant hole in PD and other stock sites. Signing a exclusive agreement is not the only thing. He wanted some more facilities in the current sites but they failed to give him. He stated that all his requests about the facilities were either already there or coming in the updates. He wasn’t alone, His team also went there (7 of them are in the top 10)
You do the math :|

by
by
by
by
by
by