• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says
and never knew jami was a woman :-|

I’ll wear something frilly in my next profile photo if it helps.

1950 posts Do the Needful
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says

woman.

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says

@freshface Thanks for taking the time to reply with such detail. I can’t express enough gratitude. I’ll consider each pointer you made and try and muster enough energy for another go around (dropping back another Heineken or two might help me out in that department).

I was having fun the first 3 times but now it feels like trench warfare. I guess this is the kind of situation that separates that good from the really good.

@Michelle Heya chica! I totally regret expressing my frustration (because I totally know better when it comes to having patience) but what can I say? We’ve all been there, right? Thanks for the encouragement and making me crack a smile. ;)

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says

It’s pretty lame that no one else has the guts to speak their mind.

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says
I don’t think it could come on tf… My suggestion would be to try and sell it separately…

Is there any particular reason why you think that?

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says

I’m usually really positive when it comes to taking rejection or criticism about my work but I’m at that point with my latest WordPress theme design where I need to decide if I should spend any more hours tweaking and resubmitting here, or, if I should ditch it.

It’s been rejected a few times for some very valid reasons (mostly typography and hierarchy) which I worked very hard to research and fix in the most recent design.

But this time my rejection email said, “I think it has a pretty good concept going but just doesn’t offer the level of quality to be a premium theme at ThemeForest.”

Ok then.

So my question to all of you is if you think I should even bother trying to improve it and resubmit, or just call it a wash.

And even if I do try and resubmit, I’m not even sure what it is that they hate about it.

http://preview.jamigibbs.com/ultimatefootball/

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says

And it’s 3.0.1, not 3.1. They did some bug updates. Nothing to rock the boats or anything.

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says
Hi guys, I just wake up :P OK, just a brief of the review process.

1) Review the live preview to check the design, features ( also read the item descriptions )

2) IF

(a) The design is good enough, proceed to the files testing, localhost testing.

(b) The design is not very good but it offers some unique features, proceed to the files testing, localhost testing – may advice the author to improve the design and re-submit. We’d love to see more unique design / features / approaches in a theme, so, we will encourage the author to improve it.

3) I seldom use the sample data from the author but I will add content manually. Some of the themes are using custom post type which required different type of data and testing.

4) Test all the custom options, widgets, functions and features and make sure it works as described.

5) Read through the documentation file. This is tricky, some authors provide > 100 pages instruction and you wont expect we read all that. So, we just scan through the content and see whether he cover the main features setup.

(a) I will check the files ( codes ) and see how it works. Some authors provide a very flexible option where the user do not have to touch the code to edit anything. For example the 3 columns data, slider’s content ( can add and remove – ajax ) etc ) – This is also a reason to increase the price.

(b) Some authors provide good (unique) features but it required manual setup, for example the user need to copy a bunch of codes and paste to somewhere, or they need to upload images to certain folders and change some codes to make the slider works properly.

6) If everything oK, I will check some key files to and make sure it works and do not contain any self promotion content ( from other theme club or website ).

I think this is pretty much of it.

Thanks Kai! You gave great details and it really put my curiosity to rest….

• Weekly Top Seller
  • Author Level 8
  • Elite Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+12 more
JamiGibbs
says
To be honest, I can’t remember the last time I ran into a situation when reviewing a WP theme that I needed to run it locally with pre-populated post data.

Then, how do you test custom options admin panel set-up by the theme? It seems to me that these options are very important, at least to determine the price.

Or am I wrong?

And how do you test data import?

I think if they’re checking the design first and it doesn’t pass, then they won’t bother with the theme admin panel or anything else. But if the design rocks, I’m sure they take a peak at everything under the hood to determine the price. That’s just an educated guess though.

by
by
by
by
by
by