Posts by Joost

3763 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
The hompage and bottom of the flashden pages update their display via google’s feed service. My guess is that there is something wrong at google’s end or they have switched something off. Not sure why they need to incorporate this service into their website anyway, hmm.

To me, that seems like an unnessesary use of Google’s service.. wouldn’t it be much easier to simply recreate something like what Google now does for them, and just grab the latest blogposts themselves?

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
-1 :) Our prices are already at the most possible bottom. Also it is very difficult to believe that success of bundle $20/300 means a green signal for $10/50. I think Envato made this bundle just to celebrate rather than testing the business model.

I couldn’t agree more. Wrap up the confetti, pop the balloons and let’s get back to selling our files the regular way :D

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
Also, it works pretty good in the current state.

That is indeed a whole different topic:

The Safari browser on the iPod/iPhone is (excuse my enthousiasm) THE BEST smartphone browser I’ve ever seen. It makes browsing extremely easy and confortable, so I suppose it could be a question if there is even a need for a iPhone-specific way of displaying sites.

Again, I’d like to stress the fact that it surely is a must have for Flash-based websites.

Sorry for the double-post, but I didn’t see wickedpixel’s post yet before I submitted my first post. After I saw it, I felt like I had to quote.

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I love it! It looks absolutely amazing, and fits right in with the general style of the iPhone. I do agree that it might be handy for some people to create iPhone-versions of their website, but certainly not for everyone. At the time I’m writing this, people use computers to browse to websites rather than smartphones – only a very, very small percentage of the internet browsing is done by smartphones. (I can imagine this changing in the future ;) ).

That said, there are also some positive considerations. It might be an idea for sites that are based fully on flash (and thus practically unviewable on the iPhone) to create a page like you did, and simply state that there is too much flash on the site for it to display properly on the iPhone. Big sites like FlashDen could elaborate on this page by adding simple features to it, but I suppose the regular every-day website should simply have one or two pages with links like the ones you’ve added (Twitter, RSS ).

All of that said, I think your page looks awesome and fits the needs of iPhone-users perfectly! Again, I love it! :D

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

I didn’t understand your post completely, yet there’s something I’d like to add.. you cannot edit SWF files with Flash, as they are a compiled version of FLA ’s, which is the type of file you’ll be able to open in Flash. :)

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

And again I must mention the grey (gray in the US ;) ) zone in which threads like this roam. Generally, the forum is not supposed to become a place for people to show off their files and lure buyers.. but the line between simply showing interest and advertising is very, very vague.

On the upside.. that sure is a nice file! :D

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Putting them in different folders is indeed a solution, or you could rename one of them into news2.xml or something, and change all the occurances of ‘news.xml’ in the .fla file that uses it. Luckily, Flash comes with a find and replace feature :)

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says
I thought you had a child.

Close call, close call. ;)

Still saving up for a MBP . They’re seriously awesome, yet seriously expensive :(

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Thanks for the explaination, Emroni ;) To be honest, I didn’t know what the term ment either :o

• Located in Netherlands
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Grats guys! :D

by
by
by
by