• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

I’m looking to drop some cash into a serious work chair too. I’ve been looking at the Aeron line but I want to sit in one before I spend that much. I get bad pain in the middle back between the shoulder blades all the time. Would be great to find a chair that would help with that.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

The amazing D’zinc just told me that it was probably due to the daylights savings time that was happening in Australia. Looks like everything is back to normal now :)

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Hey everyone. It looks like forum replies have started appearing out of order. Unless you’ve all figured out a way to time travel?

I’ve let the Devs know just now. Not sure how soon it will be fixed, for as usual, everything breaks on the weekend. Thanks for your patience while we get the DeLorean gassed up :)

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Fixed :) And yeah, something is messed up big time on the replies on the forum today. Gonna have to open a ticket.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Envato forever!!

Indeed :bigsmile:

Edit: That’s odd. Why is my reply here? Did I go back in the past without knowing it? If that’s the case I certainly wasted a time travel opportunity. I don’t even own a DeLorean.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

community_superstar

It’s a new month and a new season (at least some people are getting Spring), and that means a new Community Superstar. If you haven’t seen this month’s winner before, then you’ve probably not been on the forums enough. A bit time congratulations to Doru!

Who is this Doru guy?

Doru has been a part of the Envato community since June 2009, which makes him one of our elder members. In that time he has joined and published files for six different Marketplaces, which also makes him one of our most versatile members. On top of that, no one knows what Doru looks like. So we can only assume that he is a small yellow bird named Rico. Here is the picture Doru sent us:

rico_01

While I don’t know much about you Doru, I must say your plumage is stunning.

Doru is always very active on the forums as well as vocal on many of the issue that face our authors. In fact, when I approached him about being a Community Superstar he initially turned it down saying he was too “polemical” to be considered a Superstar. Now I’m not sure what polemical means, but I’m going to guess and say it means “big mouth” :P

It’s true that Doru has no problem speaking up, but we appreciate when authors provide valuable feedback and are invested into improving the Marketplaces. It’s with your help that we can continue to make the right improvements that make our Community and Marketplaces great.

And here’s a little message that Doru wanted to pass on to you:

OK so I won the community superstar badge. Now if I can just find the legendary Marketplace unicorn I can really retire myself to a nice lodge in the mountains.

I need to thank this awesome community for the all the experience I had with them from the times of FlashDen (the good old days) till now. Also I need to thank everyone from Envato. I may be critical sometimes but I still love all of you.

Some of Doru’s Work

Along with the ultra-cool gold superstar community badge (that only lasts for 12 months!), the prize this month is a six-month Tuts+ Premium subscription, a $30 Rockable eBook voucher and a $20 Marketplace credit. Congratulations Doru!

And be sure to check out Doru’s profile page and his extensive portfolio.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

WordPress.com doesn’t allow you to use your own themes unfortunately. You will need your own hosting account or a WordPress.org account. Thanks!

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Your initial portfolio review is just a sample of your work not your entire library. So make sure you have your best photos in there :) I can’t remember if you need to upload those items again after you get approved, so I’ll check into it for you.

Update

You do have to re-upload the photos. The portfolio is just a sample, the pictures don’t even have to be PhotoDune-ready (tags & description, releases etc) nor do you need to sell the same photos you send in as the portfolio. It’s supposed to be an example of your skills as a photographer, that’s all. If you want to upload the same photos you can, but they’ll go through the review process as normal.

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Removed the names and links as we don’t allow the calling out of items or authors on the forums. Please direct this to Support so that they can pass it on to the Review team. Thanks!

5180 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Support Staff
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Hi! You need to unzip the file you downloaded and upload the theme inside it. Please see Solving broken theme issues.

Also, once you’ve unzipped the file you’ll find documentation inside with all the set up and install instructions. If you don’t see that documentation then it could be you haven’t unzipped the file or something broke during the unzip process. Perhaps try a program like WinRar to see if it works better.

Hope that helps :)

by
by
by
by
by
by