Official reply will be after 1st of January. And it will be kinda confirmation of what they’ve done. And they don’t ask for our opinion, so either we accept or go away.
We know only that the price will be increased, but will you guys report every month how much money you’ve sent to the specific country? Just curious, i do believe you do a fair business, but nowadays it’s better to confirm
DanThemes saidHi there…as part of making support expectations far clearer to buyers on Themeforest and Codecanyon, we don’t think its a good idea to allow opting out.
Enabled saidAny response to this one?
@collis, what about an opt-out button? A lot of authors have asked about this! Can we have an official response to this, please?
Well, give us the right to set the price for support. And not for the package, but for hours. For example – 1 hour of my work costs $50. Let the user choose how many hours he wants me to work on his issues. If he paid for 10 hours, after this 10 hours i have a right to ask him to purchase more hours. This will be fair for both authors and users. But do not make it as 1 time purchase. I don’t think if the item costs $50, support will be more than this. Providing extended support for max $50 is unacceptable.
Another thing – if you implement some kind of forum under “Support” tab with extended features instead of comments, i don’t mind to get 70%. But if things will be the same, i don’t want to pay 30% for nothing. Actually not for nothing, for forcing me to do this. I will think twice if i want to keep uploading any templates or themes here.
””Support will be limited to 6 months, with prices remaining the same”” – these 6 months count after item release date or after date of purchase? Both ways are incorrect.
1. Release date – if i do regular item updates and user purchases it after 6th month, why the support should be paid?
2. Purchase date – in this case we all need to track each user and check when the item was purchased. Then if user has a quick question on 7th month and the first after his purchase, i can offer him “Support package”? I don’t see any logic.
But i do agree that support should be mandatory, you guys just need to listen to the community and take all suggestions into consideration.
Item preview size 80×80, badge 32×32. Great UX.
I hope it’s a joke. Keep them as small as possible. This WordArt looks a bit outdated
Not that sporty as Contempo’s, but still a baby
- Envato provides you a place where you can sell your items to 4.000.000 people.
- They need to keep your items hosted (not DEMO preview)
- They do their own marketing stuff, promoting your items as well through ads in general
- They have a range of prices for all categories and only Envato can change it
- You can always ask for price review
Envato isn’t actually a community anymore, they do whatever they want and don’t listen to anyone. They rarely ask for authors/buyers opinions. It’s a business and yes, it’s all about the money. Our choice is to accept their policy or not. There is no point to discuss business models