Posts by LanceSnider

2075 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
LanceSnider says

There are people here that make crazy amounts of money from referrals. I searched the forums and found a bunch of cool things people are doing. I wrote a blog post about as many of them as I could find: http://blog.flashden.net/general/make-more-from-referrals/

What do you do to get referrals?

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says

I know this issue is a lot bigger of a deal for authors like DS with huge portfolios. The comment about needing a fulltime comment guy for your files probably isn’t too far from the truth. ;)

I like the idea of improving the comments, but I just can’t get behind getting rid of them altogether. They are too important to the community. Of course the authors will come back regardless, but the vast majority of our members aren’t authors. Like Bobocel said, there are entire communities built around each file. Comments keep people coming back and in turn make authors more money.

Comments are also too important to the potential buyer. People are hesitant to buy things they don’t fully understand. Descriptions tell a lot, but people want to hear the experiences of others.

That being said, I love the idea of making the file pages more useful to both the developers and the buyers.

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says

I have had Vegemite and it is disgusting!

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says
You know back in the early days there actually was a Q&A possibility: you could add a Q with an A and it would show on the file page. I wonder why they ever took it out. Cyan? Lance? :D

That is long before my time, sorry.

Chuck, every post you bring back to Christmas, it’s cracking me up. :D

If we let people delete their own comments, it will get abused. Many authors would delete anything negative even if it is true. Buyers have the right to voice their concerns even if we may not think they are valid.

But if there was a FAQ section on the file page, it could be more specific to the file and more noticeable to the buyer.

I agree, this would alleviate a lot of the problems. I will definitely bring this up to the people that actually make the changes.

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says
For my own knowledge, how much does the FlashDen staff monitor the ideas brought up in the forum. Are we wasting our time posting in the “Site Suggestions & Feedback” section of the forum? Should we just send everything to Support?

We actually pay pretty good attention to the forums. As Cyan mentioned in a previous post she has weekly meetings with Vahid and the devs where all they discuss is new features to make things better on the site. Many of the changes that have happened recently have been a direct result of forum posts.

Like Scott said, the system can handle some pretty massive files. There are some that include video tutorials that are in excess of 100mb!

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Though I don’t like the idea of killing the comments completely, you do have some valid points. I think it is important and fair for potential buyers to be able to read the experiences others have had. I’ll bet for most authors that usually works in your favor.

It is really annoying when the same question gets asked repeatedly. I’m sure many buyers do actually read the comments first. I’ll bet that without them you would get even more questions. Digital, I really like how you have created an FAQ on your user page to help the problem, but the people who don’t bother reading the comments usually won’t read that either.

Chuck, I like the idea of an FAQ help tab. Also, you are right, buyers often expect free changes. I’ll look into a way we can make it more clear that these are as is.

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says
Did you noticed the bug on the “Popular Files” page…?!
The authors that changed there avatars… turn to “invisible”. :-|
(Maybe buried in the snow… )

Damn…
Yes, it has already been reported and it is in their to do list.

Let’s make this official(ish) and give the winner a badge.

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says

All right, here’s mine.

Jurgen, I like yours.

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says

Great job. Congrats!

2075 posts
+7 more
LanceSnider says

All right, FD has decided to add an additional $50. What does that bring the total to?

by
by
by
by
by
by