Posts by MBMedia

1234 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says
Just wanted to throw this out there: If you got your file “From a Friend,” then don’t post in the item comments for support, or even worse, to complain. That’s like complaining to Adobe because your pirated version of Photoshop doesn’t work.
That is all.

Isn’t that the perfect example of what the “report” button is there for. Completely admitting to pirating the fill right in the post…. I would think flashden would remove the user for that.

1234 posts
+5 more
MBMedia says

Make a SEO optimized HTML page with a small blank flash file that redirects to the flash page automatically at the top. The flash redirect is not known to search engines since it’s in flash, so you don’t get penalized, all they see is the world’s best SEO page. And it also acts as the perfect flash sniffer. If flash don’t run, you don’t redirect to the flash page.

Simplicity is beautiful. :)

1234 posts
+5 more
MBMedia says

Thanks!

1234 posts
+5 more
MBMedia says

In a very related question… Do old items keep selling at roughly the same rate? I’m about a week and a half into having my first item approved, and sales rates are promising, but I wonder how long things stay selling at a good rate. I heard posting new stuff makes a big difference, because then something is on the homepage and people look at your portfolio then and stuff, but if you do that do old items keep selling at decent rates? Or does it pretty much constantly decline to less and less?

1234 posts
+5 more
MBMedia says

As soon as the update is up I’ll make absolutely sure to post so that they know to download, and thank you for the answers.

1234 posts
+5 more
MBMedia says

I’ve been member to sites where when you edit publicly posted content (such as an uploaded item on flashden would be) while it is awaiting re-approval, the old content is down. Before I go editing away on stuff, is that the case here, or does the old unedited version stay until the edits are approved? I want to upload a new package with an update, so I’m assuming it will need re-approval.

Also, in a related matter, people that bought your product are able to re-download it right? Since if I post an update it helps if the customers can get it :)

1234 posts
+5 more
MBMedia says

It has nothing to do with the image itself. What is happening is that you’re taking a large image and shrinking it, so when flash has 1000 pixels by 1000 pixels and it has to display it in 500 pixels by 500 pixels it doesn’t know what pixels it should show, and what ones it shouldn’t, resulting in that pixellated look that you are noticing.

Every image inside flash is a Bitmap class object. The Bitmap class has a property called smoothing. This property makes the bitmap smooth out to look how it should (but takes some serious processor). Any time you have a Bitmap that is not displaying its exact size or that is moving, you should turn the smoothing property to true to avoid that pixellated look.

var myBitmap: Bitmap = placeYourBitmapObjectHere myBitmap.smoothing = true;

by
by
by
by
by
by