Posts by MSFX

8378 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
On the whole AS2 vs AS3 thing, “it not how powerful a tool is, its the skill of the person who wields it”. AS2 will come to pass eventually, but its the developers that use AS3 (or not ;)) that will determine the success of AS3 , just as it was with its predecessor. To be quite frank though, I’m looking forward to AS4 :D. I hope they bring back private class constructors…

I want method overloading, really hacks me off not having it :( cant think of anything else :)

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

yeha you can publish what the heck you want to whatever player you want, with the obvious restrictions, AS3 requires FP9 or 10 etc etc.

Look at the speed things are moving in this industry though, yeah CS4 had alot of bug issues etc but there are some awesome things which i’m so glad its got that CS3 doesnt and Flash8 wouldn’t even dream about!! 2 years is quick for new versions but i’m glad they’re pushing it thick and fast into the industry, its no bad thing.

Its only the price thats bad :P

perhaps it’s adobe intention to completely eliminate AS2 someday 8)

I really hope so dude, its just a better technology, why not take full advantage of using it? AS2 will die…

MUHAHAHHAA :D:P

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
shows his love by grabbing her by the nose and shaking her about until she flies accross the room lol
This is what he does to me? or the bear? :P

Nothing personal but if thats you that has to go on youtube :P :D LOL :D:P

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
That’s a pretty small dog. How old is it? 6 weeks? Hmm. Must have just been born. So like. Will it have puppies in the future?

I’m guessing Benji is a guys name so i’d guess that he wont directly have puppies although he may get involved somewhat :P lol

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
The main point of the post is that uploading to FD in itself is just as credible a timestamp as mailing it to yourself.
perhaps, but that requires FD’s involvement. if they decide you are the violator and drop your item good luck on getting their help to prove your case. I’d rather have my independent proof! doing both might be ideal.

thats a good point, the more evidence the better, although in this particular case it was clear as day..

Either mailing it to yourself, emailing it, sticking it on your server somewhere should all work. Anywhere which has a timestamp that you cannot tamper with or dictate so if you have a working preview on your own site you should be fine…

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

ah :) got it working :)

to be honest i’m not quite sure what the problem was :D think it was actually a display list issue :P all works now though :)

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
I live near Vermont so I can attest that this is true:

Here in Vermont they never heard of Flash or even web as a whole so the only rates available are only for cow milking and it’s about $14/hours if you got a good experience.

I thought Vermont was a nice place and so would have lots of money around it…? Where are you based?

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says
It is a stretch to call this issue a problem, more of an annoyance really, and only a small percentage of people doing it are actually abusing it and turning it into an annoyance, and even then it’s not even that annoying…

It only bothers me seeing the same flashing avatar in the top 3 comments for every file when they blatently couldnt give a _ about the file.

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

thats what I usually use :)

its now compiling but i’m not getting any text within the field :( usually happens if your font is missing and you have embed fonts on…

+9 more
MSFX Moderator says

Ironically even with this thread somehow nearly exceeding 100 posts one of the main culprits hasn’t posted here and is still going at it full throttle, perhaps with a new phrase or two… lol.

by
by
by
by
by
by