8413 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
+10 more
MSFX
says
I have the menu on the top of my page inside an swf. When I first click on a link, instead of opening in the same window or _top, it opens a new window. If I then open that window and click on the links, they now all open within the same window. The issue is with the first click. It opens a new window no matter what the target is set to.

without looking at the rest of your code properly it I have little idea sorry and ive got a dissertation to write :( It maybe that the xml isn’t loading the target property properly, maybe hardcode it?

You’ll likely get more luck here asking for help…? :)

+10 more
MSFX
says
The problem with the file is that when you click on a link, no matter what the setting, it opens a new window. Once the new window opens, the links work ok within that window. The problem is with the first click.

And what are you trying to do, make them open all within frames or???

+10 more
MSFX
says
Yes, I made the mistake of not reading the comments. That still does not give the seller the right to sell a faulty product. And right now as I type this, the file does not work, it is available for download, the seller knows this, Envato knows this, yet NOTHING has been done about it. I will make sure I don’t buy any of your products now that I know you have the tought luck if it does not work attitude.

My product (I only have one) does work as in the previews and I provide support for buyers. I have provided several updates of features for buyers at no cost. My attitude is definetly not tough luck if it doesnt work.

If you bought it knowing you need changes and dont know how to make them then thats your fault, but I will provide support for you. Some authors wont and this is what I was getting at. I do not have a tough luck attitude :).

+10 more
MSFX
says
Nice reply. Spoken by a seller no doubt.

So what you are saying is that even though an author will clearly state that there is no need to edit the fla file only the xml, that misrepresentation is ok according to you.

According to me, that is deceptive trading practice. Nowhere does it say prior to purchase, unless I am missing something, that the buyer should not expect the product to work as described and that if it does not, the seller is under no obligation to fix it.

if you were refering to me then no I dont think its ok, it damages the marketplace. I fully agree with you that a file should work and the description should be accurate and not deceptive to the buyer. If it is then it should be changed or taken down as yes, it is deceptive trading practice.

What I am saying is that I can’t remember ever seeing anything regarding authors being obliged to fix bugs if they are found. This is wrong however it means that files like this with bugs will remain for sale… :(

+10 more
MSFX
says
Unfortunately authors aren’t made to provide updates etc for their files, even if they are found to have bugs…
Not true, files have to work as they appear on the preview. If the file doesnt work as described, its faulty, and should be fixed or taken down. The buyer bought a file that has a flaw, so should either get a refund or a fix. Its not true that the author doesnt have to do anything about it, he actually has to

Sure, they should work as described within the preview and in the description but i’d place a hefty bet that I could run riot around quite alot of files on here, breaking them and then they wouldnt work as in the preview / description…

jasonbro, what is the problem with the file?

+10 more
MSFX
says

odd, other files seem to be working ok :?

it shows ok in your portfolio, its only within searches and stuff :?

Hope they get it fixed soon for you :)

+10 more
MSFX
says
FD just needs to add this to its stylesheet:
div#search_field select {width:117px;}
at the moment the most important feature of the site is looking pretty broken :-(

To be bluntly honest the search on this site is awful anyway :(

Its seems to be better recently, although the top 3 links are sometimes completely off topic to my search :?

+10 more
MSFX
says
done :)
legend. thanks for all the help man! hav a good wkend!

NP. You too :)

+10 more
MSFX
says
And what if someone purchases the file and does not know how to change the coding?

You bought it. If you dont know how to change it, thats your problem.

However if those changes are to fix the file then its not your problem, its the authors… unfortunately they are not under obligation to fix it for you :(

+10 more
MSFX
says
I have contacted 3 times. ZERO response.

Please, have some patience. We dont all sit here at our pc’s waiting for buyers questions…??\\

Support usually takes 24hrs to get back, they’re normally pretty good :)

Unfortunately authors aren’t made to provide updates etc for their files, even if they are found to have bugs… so yes although the file you have bought may not work how you want it to there is nothing in the authors contract saying that if you find a bug he must fix it…

This I feel should be changed. This is a stock site where work can be used in commercial environements and should not be buggy. If a file has bugs and the authors doesn’t respond, the file should be taken down…

You mention that a month ago someone also complained about the file and it was not fixed for them either… maybe in future read comments before purchasing so you dont end up with “broken files” ? :)

by
by
by
by
by
by