Congratulations on your Purple Extra Rainbow Paws guys!
Wait… I mean…
Today I had some time to work on this track. We tried our best to implement all the tips and tricks to make this track work. Thank you very much guys, we appreciate your help.
Although ultimately I’ve decided to leave this track for free on SoundClound. We will be using these tips and tricks in future compositions for audiojungle with similar instruments. Thank you again, here’s how the final thing looks like:https://soundcloud.com/msvoy/free-track
Same problem over here… must be some bug in the code…
The track’s idea works, but in my opinion there are some things to do:
1. Regarding the guitars I agree with SketchpadAudio. They absolutely need a workaround to give’em more drive, accentuation and naturalness. The best would of course be to take real guitars.
2. The overall sound! It’s flat, has less spatiality, a lack of bass, punch, dynamics, panorama and transparency. First I would EQ it a bit in the very heights and add some overall compression to the bass. Second I’d EQ the bass-guitar and eventually amplify the frequencies below 60 Hz.
3. The Drums need more punch and space. First I would add more room to the snare and eventually play around with drum-compression.
4. The Piano could sound bigger. If you’re not using a multisampled library with different mic positions you could duplicate the piano, spread the two piano-sources to the panorama and EQ them slightly different. As well you could work with parallel compression…
5. The slow part @ 0:40: maybe add some decent pads or bigger/longer reverb to make this part sound less empty?
6. As well I see a lack of dramaturgy. The slow part kind of fades over directly to the ending while the guitar theme doesn’t change. We need a climax here, a progression! Let’s reward the listener with a boost, a finale!
I hope it’s ok for you that I made a a clean breat of my personal opinion
Keep it up!
Wow Berlin, thanks a bunch for your advice! Some of my colleagues on other boards have been saying similar things, but you’re the first to sum it up so well! I completely agree with what you said, I’ll get started when I have time to come back to this track, and I will use these tips for other compositions for sure! Thank you very much again and good luck too!
IMHO, I’d probably work on a few things first. The guitars on it are pretty cheesy! Which is kind of a problem here because they should really be driving the track forward, and adding energy, and basically adding the whole framework of the song, and instead they’re a bit too plinky-plonky. If you don’t have access to a real guitar, then a better guitar synth would go a long way. If that’s the only guitar you’ve got, how about changing it to more of a piano driven track?
Thank you for your advice. I will be working on improving this track! Cheers!
Hello! This my first time posting about a track of mine, but seeing that normally there is a lot of useful feedback in here I’ve decided to ask you about my new track:https://soundcloud.com/msvoy/preview
What do you think? Is there something missing or should I fix/remove something? Is it ready for the Jungle? Thank you very much for your feedback, I’m really puzzled with this one.
There is already a lot to chose from, but I will leave my proposal here anyway. Hope you find what you need, good luck, cheers!http://audiojungle.net/item/never-surrender/5771029