• Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

I am now getting emails from a member on this site spamming me. Saying pretty much “I saw you bought and enjoyed this file…well check out mine!”

And no its not Flash_cart…this is much worse than any other self promotion I have ever seen on FD. Is this even allowed? I feel like its crossing the line. I have my spam set up pretty tight, and its nice to know that 9 out of 10 emails I get are legitimate emails, and I allow mails from FD because they were always good emails. BUT now people are going to start sending personal messages encouraging buying their files and I feel like things can not get worse. The self promotion just hit an all time low, and its now past the border of annoying.

In case anyone else received a similar email…Im not naming the guys name just yet…but if you did get an email, please do no follow suite, thinking its a great idea, and start doing it yourself.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Keep it coming!

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Nothing is wrong with promoting free/noobie tutorials. I actually think thats great! But you have made 50 (exaggerating) posts linking to your tutorials. When you could have very easily just updated your first post. When you update it, it brings the post to the top. So you can still keep people up to date on the progress of your tutorials. But you dont have to make millions of new posts with new sort of vague names. Just the fact that the posts are named things like “remix”, makes me feel like you are trying to trick people into reading your post lol…I know that sounds stupid…just ignore me now, I’m gonna shut up lol

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Flash I like you lol…I just agree with others that you self promote. As do other people…which you can expect in a forum…but you do it A LOT more than anyone else.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

OK this board is just getting crazy. Honest to god I like all of you guys so nothing I say is personal…

Flash_Cart I like the things you are doing and I’m sure you have great intentions but you have to realize at least once – twice a week there is a post with some random title so it looks interesting, and it turns out its just a promotion of your personal site. I know what you are promoting is free tutorials so technically its not that big of a deal…but it sort of could fall under the “spam” category.

Saafi (wes), I dont understand you at all. I like your work…you seem like a nice guy…but out of nowhere sometimes…you will attack people for no reason…and you may not agree but saying things like “I will be making a file that does this same thing but much better, and more advanced” in the comments of Chuckanucka’s files is a blatant attack. You are putting him down to promote yourself. You have, on various, occasions said something was bad, someone wasnt good, and you could do much better. This is what Chuckanucka was so upset with you…you even somehow really think you are the one being attacked. You realize the argument started between you two, when you said something bad about his file, and he asked you to stop doing that…then somehow you flipped it and said his response was an attack. You’re really out there buddy….

I feel like the quality of this site is going down FAST …people need to focus on their work, stop promoting, and stop putting down other people…that shit should go in the site suggestions…chill out peoples!

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Flash,

This post isnt knocking you, I like your work but I am curious as to why you write “we, we’ve, and our”. Is it just you making these files, or is it a team…? I’m just curious.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

lolololol

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

you should have been naked in the reflection…lol…its very popular nowadays. Im not gay I promise lolololololol ok now I feel weird.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

XBOX BABY !!!!

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

I like the idea of the large fullscreen sites, but what I love more is sites that are capable of fullscreen, but dont force it, and still look great, centered and correctly scaled at a non-fullscreen size.

The thing I really hate, more than anything in the website world, is the FULL screen sites. The chromeless ones that you have to hit escape to get out of. Mainly because when I browse, I’m a big user of the tabs in firefox, for a reason. I like to be able to get to my other aps behind my browser, especially for fast hiding while at work ;) but when this site has a splash and you click enter, and your monitor freaks out and all of a sudden there is nothing but this guys fullscreen site with moving lines, a spinning vector globe and techno blasting through my speakers makes me want to kill myself. Also I am a big fan of giving viewers the option to turn music on a site on themselves. I only have it auto play if its absolutely necessary.

by
by
by
by
by
by