• Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Flash I like you lol…I just agree with others that you self promote. As do other people…which you can expect in a forum…but you do it A LOT more than anyone else.

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

OK this board is just getting crazy. Honest to god I like all of you guys so nothing I say is personal…

Flash_Cart I like the things you are doing and I’m sure you have great intentions but you have to realize at least once – twice a week there is a post with some random title so it looks interesting, and it turns out its just a promotion of your personal site. I know what you are promoting is free tutorials so technically its not that big of a deal…but it sort of could fall under the “spam” category.

Saafi (wes), I dont understand you at all. I like your work…you seem like a nice guy…but out of nowhere sometimes…you will attack people for no reason…and you may not agree but saying things like “I will be making a file that does this same thing but much better, and more advanced” in the comments of Chuckanucka’s files is a blatant attack. You are putting him down to promote yourself. You have, on various, occasions said something was bad, someone wasnt good, and you could do much better. This is what Chuckanucka was so upset with you…you even somehow really think you are the one being attacked. You realize the argument started between you two, when you said something bad about his file, and he asked you to stop doing that…then somehow you flipped it and said his response was an attack. You’re really out there buddy….

I feel like the quality of this site is going down FAST …people need to focus on their work, stop promoting, and stop putting down other people…that shit should go in the site suggestions…chill out peoples!

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Flash,

This post isnt knocking you, I like your work but I am curious as to why you write “we, we’ve, and our”. Is it just you making these files, or is it a team…? I’m just curious.

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

lolololol

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

you should have been naked in the reflection…lol…its very popular nowadays. Im not gay I promise lolololololol ok now I feel weird.

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

XBOX BABY !!!!

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

I like the idea of the large fullscreen sites, but what I love more is sites that are capable of fullscreen, but dont force it, and still look great, centered and correctly scaled at a non-fullscreen size.

The thing I really hate, more than anything in the website world, is the FULL screen sites. The chromeless ones that you have to hit escape to get out of. Mainly because when I browse, I’m a big user of the tabs in firefox, for a reason. I like to be able to get to my other aps behind my browser, especially for fast hiding while at work ;) but when this site has a splash and you click enter, and your monitor freaks out and all of a sudden there is nothing but this guys fullscreen site with moving lines, a spinning vector globe and techno blasting through my speakers makes me want to kill myself. Also I am a big fan of giving viewers the option to turn music on a site on themselves. I only have it auto play if its absolutely necessary.

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Holy shit! Thermo looks even more exciting than my H.264 post!!!! That software is awesome. I searched and was able to find and watch the keynote for thermo, and it did some pretty impressive stuff. They made a grey rectangle in photoshop on one layer, made a text layer above it that said search, and it was positioned inside the grey rectangle. They went into thermo and imported the PSD . Selected both the rectangle and the text, right clicked and hit make search box. And BAM when they previewed the file they were able to type into the square and it looked exactly like ti did in photoshop. I am still curious how they will then make that be able to search within their file, or within a outside data source. How expandable the basic components are. Like they showed off a row of image thumbnails, and a scrollbar they had made in about 4 seconds. And with a few clicks they linked the scroll bar to move the thumbnails. Only thing I didnt like was rather than actually seeing the thumbnails move left or right, it seemed like when scrolling right, pic1 was replaced with pic2, pic2 was replaced with pic3…and so on. It didnt actually move all of the pictures to the right and left like normal scrollbars do. Also since the scrollbar was based on a graphic file I was curious to know if the size of the data it was scrolling changed if the actual bar of the scroller would change size or even not be visible if no scrolling was needed.

I guess there are a lot of things that we will have to wait to see, but it absolutely looks amazing and I cant wait to get a chance to play with it.

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Oh junkie think about how nice that site your working on would look with FULL res video…I think HD might be a little much at the moment for fullscreen video flash sites, but I think full res standard def video shouldnt be too bad and it would look great on that site your working on. Unfortunately it would probably have to wait till the player update gets its massive release and everyone has it.

4947 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

here you go guys if you dont have it yet, its still in its “pre-release” state available to developers but heres the link to download the player update.

by
by
by
by
by
by