• Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Holy shit! Thermo looks even more exciting than my H.264 post!!!! That software is awesome. I searched and was able to find and watch the keynote for thermo, and it did some pretty impressive stuff. They made a grey rectangle in photoshop on one layer, made a text layer above it that said search, and it was positioned inside the grey rectangle. They went into thermo and imported the PSD . Selected both the rectangle and the text, right clicked and hit make search box. And BAM when they previewed the file they were able to type into the square and it looked exactly like ti did in photoshop. I am still curious how they will then make that be able to search within their file, or within a outside data source. How expandable the basic components are. Like they showed off a row of image thumbnails, and a scrollbar they had made in about 4 seconds. And with a few clicks they linked the scroll bar to move the thumbnails. Only thing I didnt like was rather than actually seeing the thumbnails move left or right, it seemed like when scrolling right, pic1 was replaced with pic2, pic2 was replaced with pic3…and so on. It didnt actually move all of the pictures to the right and left like normal scrollbars do. Also since the scrollbar was based on a graphic file I was curious to know if the size of the data it was scrolling changed if the actual bar of the scroller would change size or even not be visible if no scrolling was needed.

I guess there are a lot of things that we will have to wait to see, but it absolutely looks amazing and I cant wait to get a chance to play with it.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Oh junkie think about how nice that site your working on would look with FULL res video…I think HD might be a little much at the moment for fullscreen video flash sites, but I think full res standard def video shouldnt be too bad and it would look great on that site your working on. Unfortunately it would probably have to wait till the player update gets its massive release and everyone has it.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

here you go guys if you dont have it yet, its still in its “pre-release” state available to developers but heres the link to download the player update.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Ok I was just reading this post Link and apparently the new flash player supports the H.264 codec, in various formats like MP4 , and MOV . I always liked the little youtube style flash players all over the internet because of their features, many video sites, the players have the little play button in the video screen, you can also display related/other titles in the video screen after the video is done, full-screen…the list goes on, but I was always unhappy with the quality of the picture. They way flash videos seem to get pixely, choppy and generally dont look too good. I have always been a diehard quicktime fan. I love quicktime on websites, the interface of their standard player is very clean…and you can have full HD video on any website with it. But in that case you are limited to the size you choose to make it, theres no fullcsreen option here…you cant add buttons to the inside of the player, you cant have the video itself work like a flash file/application, and most of all as great as quicktime is, its not as supported as much as flash. So you can put quicktime video player on your page but there is a possibility that your viewer may not be able to see it, where as pretty much everyone and their mother has flash player installed.

I am just very excited that now you can have the quality look of quicktime movies on the web and all of the advantages of the flash player. Full HD Flash movies on websites is pretty big stuff in my opinion. I dont know how fast they will load and that may be a problem in of itself, but at the moment I dont care lol…what do you guys think!?

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

The sites really nice! I cant wait to see it with better resolution video! And dear god the smoke in the video is soooooooooooooo CHEESY ! But thats got nothing to do with you lol good job!

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Im pretty sure these guys were americans, but I may be wrong. I actually stumbled across this video on a different blog a few weeks ago. They are really good!

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Wes, I dont know where your from and if you have a debit card, but I used my debit card, which pulls the funds directly out of my checking account. It has a visa logo so it worked. I also added my CC to my account afterwards but I used the debit card for the initial setup and its also my default payment option.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

So what you are saying is I should buy them quick! lol Im playin

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

download the demo of Adobe After Effects. If you are doing a title sequence for a movie…you technically could do it in Flash but you would be much better off doing it in After Effects.

4954 posts
+11 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Good stuff…Flash Cart your avatar is starting to scare me a bit. I feel like his eyes follow me lolololol

by
by
by
by
by
by