Thats true, forgot about video…

4909 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Guys, I have been approached by a woman who is in the process of starting up a new business/site. The business is non-profit and from my opinion its for a GREAT cause. I cant really get into what the site is for just yet…because she hasnt told me much yet. I know that the site is to be informative, the sites main goal is to raise awareness on certain issues, but she also is thinking about adding a “myspace-ish” community section. I suggested a normal website, with a forum and she is dead set on the community being more myspaced based with people being able to have an account with friends. I dont know if she wants to get crazy with customizable profiles, and pictures, blogs and all that other stuff. This is why I was looking more towards a CMS , but I am finding it hard to be able to make a CMS site look like we need it to. The basic templates are too simple, or too overused. We need something unique. This is where you guys come in.

I am in need of some people to do various tasks. I will probably need someone with awesome CSS & PHP knowledge… I was looking into having the site run by a CMS but I cant wrap my head around those things. So I would need someone to turn a pre-made design into a working CSS site, with a possibility of page being a template for one of the major CMS systems out there. Probably Joomla, Drupal or something similar.

The thing is the site will need to be easy to navigate, and standards compliant. But I want it to have elements of flash. Very clean but usable flash elements. Bobocels newest file, the image slideshow thing with 10 pictures, a slideshow option, and the captions would be something that could be used.

I know I am rambling, but I’m looking for anyone that may be down to jump in , in the future…this is not donation work…it is a paying gig, I didnt put it on that job board that just went up because technically its not a job YET . But I was looking for some feedback from you guys…I was wondering if anyone would be down to assist in this effort.

If you are great with CSS and CMS , or just want to be down on the flash side, reply to this…give me some info on your opinions of the site, Ill write down everyones names and contact you guys when the site starts up.

I cant stress this enough, it sounds a little funny, but from what I’m hearing from this lady and other people associated, this site has a serious possibility of being HUGE !

4909 posts
+9 more

Just? I thought 16Gb was pretty decent…I have my entire music collection on my 8Gb iPhone with room to space…but then again my music collection is far from huge…but its still a good 1000 songs.

4909 posts
+9 more

Well Ruby on Rails is a CMS , Im assuming you meant Ruby is a programming language? But thanks for the reply wes!

4909 posts
+9 more

Well Ruby on Rails is a CMS , Im assuming you meant Ruby is a programming language? But thanks for the reply wes!

4909 posts
+9 more

Good stuff, congrats bobocel

4909 posts
+9 more

FD is run on Ruby on Rails? or when you say ruby, are you referring to something I dont know about? lol

4909 posts
+9 more

Thanks for the info Bobo, I will look into that, and probably wait till after Oct anyway. How is the touch? They havent been released here yet…

4909 posts
+9 more

Support will get back to you, it just takes a little bit. My first deposit didnt show up. I refreshed the page like a maniac every 2.3 minutes, and after about a half hour I stopped. I checked an hour later and it was there…

Try signing out and then signing back in, if that doesnt work give it some time it will either show up sometime today, or support will contact you.

by
by
by
by
by
by