• Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

I agree with the price on here. Files are sooooooooooo unbelievably cheap when compared to other stock sites. You could buy a flash portfolio on here. A FULL SITE , for the price you pay for a medium res stock photograph at istockphoto. But I can understand what bitgod just said. I personally havent ever used a decompiler. I didnt even know what it was until about 2 weeks ago when you guys were talking about it on here. But I dont really see the difference between seeing the code behind the flash, and right clicking and “view source” behind standard sites. If the person doing so was actually using the code, rather looking at it to learn, I feel that its not such a big deal. I understand locking it up because there are people that wouldnt just use it for educational purposes…I also cant really talk. I understand how much goes into a flash file but I dont actually make flash stuff myself, yet. So I’m not really the authority on the subject, I’m just playing devils advocate. :)

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Junkie, there was a feature that was coming with the release of leapord that looked very interesting and I was excited to try it out…But for some reason they are no longer showing that feature as and upcoming feature on their website. I dont know if they are not going to include it, or if they just arent promoting it any longer. I cant remember the name of it for the life of me. But it involves “making it easier to include things like video, in with programs” or something like that. I think it was considered a developer tool, and on the feature description page it showed images of things like in their commercials with the wall of album art. Do you happen to know the name of this feature I am talking about or if it did end up in Leopard. I know my description was vague but I cant remember what it was called and really wanted to try it out.

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Ya they neglected to add the flash player to the iPhone and the iPod Touch…

Something about them wanting to move to CSS and other “web 2.0” technologies, like AJAX which the devices fully support. Plus I heard something about them trying to do this to keep quicktime prevalent. As far as webvideo goes IMO windows media always sucked…whether it was embedded or it opened in your desktop player. Quicktime was always much nicer. Until Flash video came out and now you see all these websites turning to flash as their means to provide users with video content. I guess this move by apple is their way of keeping their spot in a video niche. People that may want people to be able to access their site via mobile phones (iPhone) may choose to go with quicktime for their web video needs to people with iPhones can see it rather than resorting to flash video. And I’m assuming they left this option out in the touch to just follow suite.

Originally I read that apple didnt have time to get the Flash player in there, but it was coming in an update…and now I am hearing that they will NEVER add it. So I dunno.

Bobo, you can login and check things like your sales/stats no problem I have done this many times, at least twice a week. You cannot preview files, or anything related to viewing flash.

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Try to defrag your machine…run it overnight…its located in your start menu>accessories>system tools>disk defragmentor.

After this, you may want to make sure you dont have spyware installed on your machine, this usually can lead to slow running machines and a lot of crashing, download an adsense program. I like adaware…

Also after a computer has been used for quite sometime there are many programs that will autorun when you turn your machine on. This can lead to your computer being very slow because there are things like updaters and other useless crap that runs as soon as you turn the power on. First thing I would do is go into your control panel, chose add or remove programs, and uninstall any of the crap software that you dont use anymore or never used to begin with.

Then open your run dialog (start menu>run) and type this in “msconfig” this will bring up a dialog box. Click the tab that says “startup” and then uncheck all programs that you dont need to run during startup, if you have aim installed thats one that will auto startup and use valuable resources. I would suggest only turning off things that you recognize, because if you turn off something your computer needs it wont work anymore. Usually you can find a guide online if you search that will tell you what your computer needs and you can turn off everything else. I generally will turn off everything I possibly can besides virus updating, because I dont need all of my software to auto-boot I open it when I need it, and save resources.

You could then if only necessary back everything up to a HD or DVD ’s and reformat, and do a clean install. I tend to do this every 6 months to a Year just because…If you have a “best buy” computer meaning like an HP or Dell I would suggest buying a clean version of windows because when you reformat to factory settings you will get a LOAD of bullshit installed with the manufacturers install.

Last but not least, try to throw some more ram in there. IT ALWAYS HELPS :)

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Congrats Jun!!!

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

throw it up somewhere outside of FD and link to it!

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

ya madness I bought your fullscreen file. Would I be able to base a site like that off of your file, or is that site something that I have to build from the ground up?

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Ya that site is really crazy

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

I love this site, the full screen…the nav, the way certain images can be zoomed, and then panned up and down with just a mouse movement…its so clean. I was wondering if this is possible with one of the fullscreen files from FD as a base?

I think with some heavy studying I could pull this off eventually…but I know I need to start with the fullscreen effect. If I were to use one of the many fullscreen flash files on here, could that be the base for this?

Site

4940 posts
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber
Envato team
says

Im down for video help when needed. I know thats not much for a web based project…but who knows lol

by
by
by
by
by
by