Posts by MarkBrodhuber

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

I bought an iPhone about a month ago, and of course yesterday they drop the f**king price 200 bucks! This is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in my existence on this planet! Not only did I need them to replace the two iPhones both my girlfriend and I own, within a week from buying them, but now her phone wont hold a charge for more than 4 hours, after making one phone call, and my phone no longer makes noise when it rings, or receives any type of message. Well it makes noise, but only when it wants to…

I went for 3 days getting text messages and phone calls and the phone did not make a sound, I bring it into an apple store, and have my girlfriend text me in front of a mac guy, and boom it speaks…for the first time in 3 days, ofcourse in front of the Apple representative…Then I get home and it works the rest of the night. The next day, NO SOUNDS , NO RINGING , NOTHING!

Apple wont replace our phones because its out of the initial 2 week buffer, so we have to actually send the phones to them to have them fixed…(yea I really want to be without a phone for a month).

So we but 2 phones, have them replaced the first week…then a month later we need 2 new phones because these no longer work properly, and apple decides, after 60 days, that they feel people should now only have to pay 399 for the phone…

I feel so taken advantage of…I honestly have not felt more dumb in my entire life…now I am getting messages from people saying things like “DUDE apple just dropped the price of your phone 200 bucks, OUCH !”

Making me think twice about buying that new Mac Pro I’ve had my eyes on for so long…

So how many of you also bought this phone and got raped like me?

4908 posts
+9 more

Thanks for the reply, not having an actual education in design, I never learned illustrator. When I try to use it, it scares me a bit lol…but how much does fireworks differ from photoshop. Is it something that wouldnt be too hard to switch to for layout reasons? Or is it something that I will have to completely learn, and there is a lot that differs from photoshop?

Also, if you dont mind, could you give me a little explanation of point of pixels, if its not too much trouble…

Thanks alot for the help though!

4908 posts
+9 more

Ok guys another question…I’m sorry for being so annoying. I am reading a 5 part basic “Flash Site” tutorial and I have a quick question… In this tutorial this guy makes it a point to state “always place graphics and page elements to the pixel, never place it at a position ex. 24.7.” I understand what he means but I am trying to make a basic layout in photoshop. I slice the images up and bring them into flash, when I get them to line up seamlessly to look as it did in photoshop some of these graphics fall in between pixels, I guess. And it is actually causing some of the graphics to get cut off a little bit. If I make them to the exact pixel, the layout isnt lining up correctly and there is either an overlap, or a small space in between the graphics.

My questions are:

1. What is the point of “in between pixels” why does flash have this as an option if it is bad to place a graphic in between.

2. Is there a work around?

3. Is making a layout in photoshop first normal, or should I be doing it completely in flash…I am asking this because I feel like I dont get a nice result in flash. I cant design as freely with the tools in flash and my layout always looks nicer when designed in photoshop first.

4. What other negative effects can come from placing a graphic in between pixels?

4908 posts
+9 more

Not totally sure yet, the lady was explaining to me the website she needs…and it is supposed to be some network of doctors. But she wants it to be in a myspace format. I’m not really sure. She was one of those people that when explaining what she wanted she kept going off on tangents talking about her children and other random things. I figured the best thing for me to do was figure this out because I am positive she wants a myspace-ish site. Where these people can make their own accounts, make their own profile…and have a blog type posting method as well as associates (friends)...and the ability to talk through some type of chat room, send messages. And anything else that falls in line with the myspace setup.

Problem is I have no clue where to start making a site like that…

4908 posts
+9 more

Guys I have a question…I have been approached by a non-profit to help them design, what could grow to be, similar to myspace with a different goal.

This isnt a flash question, but since I am not a member to any webdesign forums I figured I would ask in here first…

If anyone could shed some light on how I would approach this, I would really appreciate it. Im a intermediate web designer. But my sites focus more on the design rather than the code, and I dont know exactly where to start on something like this but I dont want to turn them away. Its for a really good cause. I looked into joomla, and some other CMS systems, but they are quite hard to customize to make it look like you need, besides some templates you can buy you need to pretty much code all the CSS yourself if you want a custom site.

Plus I may, in the near future have some need for some freelance flash guys…could be major work…

~Doze

4908 posts
+9 more

I think your ugly :)

4908 posts
+9 more

Collis, I think the main thing to focus on would be to allow the browse files section to be sorted by, rank, popularity, downloads, date, author. And also focus on featured files/authors.

Having all of the high rated files, or most downloaded files up top could help produce sales for some of the older, yet still great files. It may make it hard for smaller new files to be sold because people will sort of be filtering that stuff to the back, but it will, like said before, force people to up the ante.

Also since you guys have tags on all of the items, maybe a search cloud could help. Where users can pick the cloud link near the search box and a page would come up with the most popular searches in the cloud and the font is sized based on how popular the search it. Again this is a small change but could help people find their files faster. Sometimes I want to look for something but I cant think of a search that would produce that file other than pretty much typing it in directly.

4908 posts
+9 more

um I got two sales, when normally I get 0-1! So I guess thats at least a 50% increase…

Goooood Stuff!

4908 posts
+9 more

Ya I think your good with the link sola, if my site was live I would absolutely have a link in my sig!

4908 posts
+9 more

I dont think sola did anything bad…I have never been to a forum, that didnt allow signatures, and inside those signatures are usually links to peoples pages…links to their files on deviant art, links to products they might be selling. It may be self promotion but its very normal to be in the sig of the forum post and I’m cool with it.

by
by
by
by
by
by