Posts by MarkBrodhuber

4918 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Congrats, I cant wait to be a competitor in the next one. I got in on FD a little too late.

4918 posts
+9 more

I finished it a little while ago, it was pretty awesome. When the full version comes out I am going to try to talk my company into buying a license and sending me for training. Id like to integrate alot of our processing systems, and data admin forms into little apps that can be distributed to all the workers and allow them to access a central database! Very exciting stuff!

4918 posts
+9 more

Thanks for the tips guys…as of right now all of my videos that say they are loopable, well, actually loop hehe. It’s something I pay attention to very closely.

As far as size goes…I was thinking that people may not need the video res to be so large. But I absolutely hate it when someone makes something and limits it to a small size. I look at it this way if someone needs a full screen, full res video, they get it that size. If they need it smaller it can be easily converted with quicktime or any other converter. If I make it small, and someone needs it larger, it will get very distorted, pixelated and grainy if they scale it up.

Its sort of like when someone shoots something in Black and white. It’s ok if you are positive you want it to be in B&W. But I would much rather shoot in color and if I choose B&W afterwards, you do it in post. That way you are never limited ya know…

Plus the file size gets to be a little larger, the higher res, and longer videos you output. I was thinking about uploading some HD clips, or versions of my files in HD, I just doubt there is any demand for HD files at this point in FD’s life.

Thanks for the help guys, Ill keep your tips in mind! :)

4918 posts
+9 more

anyone? lol

4918 posts
+9 more

thanks!

4918 posts
+9 more

ya link to it in the item description…I think its a good idea cart!

4918 posts
+9 more

Brag why dont cha!

No ones got love for us video dudes :(

4918 posts
+9 more

Unfortunately I only made one sale yesterday, BUT I havent made many, so it was nice to get 50% for that one sale, it was a little taste of something we have to sell $35,000+ to get for good. Not sure if I will ever reach that plateau selling video files (prolly not) but still fun to see one of your files sell!

4918 posts
+9 more

Good points guys, thats exactly what I was saying. In the end I think FD will have tons of members and I dont think it will be that bad as far as useless files. Maybe by that time we can have a buddy list, and buddy all of the artists we love, and then possibly filter the content based on who is in your list, that way we know when someone we like submits a file…

4918 posts
+9 more

Seriously what do you guys picture the site will be like a year from now?

I mean Junkie, you said 75,000 – 100,000…if it does grow to be that big, what do you think the site will be like…

I feel like things will be different with that many members, I mean right now I feel like I know a lot of you. Not near 15000 but everyone that contributes on a regular basis and talks in the forums, I know of you guys…its the same people.

My main concern is with that many members there is always the possibility of a crap load of less-than-par files, and sorting through the good ones and bad ones could be a head ache…

If FD hits 100,000 I could see a day where we are getting 14,000 preloader uploads each week. The site could be called “Preloader Den”...No offense to you preloader guys I love your stuff! I just think with that many people I hope that the majority of stuff being submitted is as quality as it is now…

by
by
by
by
by
by