Posts by Mike410

7 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Mike410 says

Hello, I am trying to upload jpeg and png image files to my portfolio. In the uploader it states the max upload file size is 33mb. I am uploading a jpeg file of 4.8 mb. It does not let me upload it and states this error message:

“instore top up.jpg” has failed to upload due to an error The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

I have tried uploading other images and I get the same error message.

I was able to upload images before and now I get this message!

What is the issue?

Thanks

7 posts
  • Located in Canada
Mike410 says

The wordpress portfolio theme I just purchased as the option of an Ajax portfolio or a Non-Ajax portfolio. Is one better to have then the other? Would an Ajax one be better as the wait time is less?

I still dont know the difference between Ajax and non Ajax…

Ajax = Doesn’t require your web browser to “refresh” when it loads new content, Ajax can send or retrieve data from a web server without the server needing to “reload/refresh” from the client(you and your web browser in this case)

non-Ajax = the page needs to be refreshed to get new content, when you click on a link in a page you see the page actually reload, if the site setup properly most of the site contents cached(images css js) so its brief.

its more complex than this but yeah
7 posts
  • Located in Canada
Mike410 says

I still dont know the difference between Ajax and non Ajax…

7 posts
  • Located in Canada
Mike410 says

Ajax portfolio vs non Ajax portfolio?

Thanks

7 posts
  • Located in Canada
Mike410 says

Ok that basically answers what the point of wordpress is!

It makes it easier for beginners!

Thanks again.

Ok I’m not really sure what you need to know but just in case it helps…

If you buy a site theme, and you use it to show off a portfolio for example, then whenever you want to update the contents of that portfolio you need to upload the new images, open html files with some sort of editor, and manually change the code to show your new stuff. Same with changes to regular text pages and everything else on your site, it all has to be changed in the code.

If you’re using WordPress for this, you’ll just log into the admin panel and use the easy interface to change everything without touching any code.
7 posts
  • Located in Canada
Mike410 says

Thanks for the replies. Can someone explain what the point of wordpress is in terms of getting a website/portfolio site up and running? It seems like its adding another step in the process: Theme – Wordpress – Hosting

As opposed to just Theme- Hosting

Is it because wordpress is easier to manage the site and make changes, where as if you just got an html theme, you would have to know coding and html to make any changes?

Also are the wordpress templates for wordpress.com or wordpress.org?

Sorry for the basic questions!

7 posts
  • Located in Canada
Mike410 says

Im a newbie looking to get a portfolio site template on wordpress. Just wondering what the difference between Wordpress templates and Site Templates is and why is the later cheaper?

Thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by