Yes you can re-submit the same design with improvements or if you want to submit totally new PSD design you can do it.
The thing is that if we have confirmed an item as malfunctioning or misleading, and decide to contact the author (instead of disabling it), then, potential new customers will be buying a product that we know is not 100% working or as described, which is not legal. That is the main reason right there, to continue to sell an item we know to have certain issues, as we can not expect customers to purchase something and wait for an update.
I’m not sure why envato is legally bound to soft-disable the item IMMEDIATELY when any bug is reported to them.
If there are any legal concerns, when you confirm any bug in some item you can put a notice on item’s description stating something like that …
‘There are a few known bugs in this item, for detail click here …’
In this way, any sale while the notice is there, will correspond to item’s description.
Soft-Disabling and then removing an item (without prior notice) just because it has a bug or two, which is reported by the customer, has many consequences as mentioned by the fellow authors.
If it is envato’s policy, many items here are vulnerable to be soft-disabled, especially newly published themes, because at this initial stage they will have some bugs, mostly.
And if based on such bugs you disable author’s file, authors will feel insecurity anyway. Also because this policy can be misused by any rival theme author to takedown some author’s file, for temporary period, causing him loss the competition.
As a solution:
1: Envato can fix a time frame (24-48 hrs may be) within which if item with respective fix is not submitted (subject to prior notice), it will be soft-disabled.
2: Upon disabling, again, item page should NOT be removed from the market. It has many consequences. Disabling purchase button is enough.
Or may be offering some bribe may help
Well, the reason is really weird in fact. I think i’ve found some bug or limitation (may be) in Mac OS X (Mavericks). My theme name starts with keyword ‘mime’, and in mac ‘mavericks’ version, any ZIP file which has any folder which name starts with ‘mime’ will throw this error.
Prefixing theme folder name with _ (i.e. _mime) or with any other prefix solved the issue for me.
Bad news is, now i’ve to delete 3 days earlier submission to submit the file again.
Checked MD5 hash value of local and online version of zip file, they are same. So, its not a corruption issue either.
Not sure if this is allowed, but how about trying to upload viap, or uploading it to your own host and giving the reviewer a link in the comments?
It is possible that the themeforest upload system might be a little buggy?
Other than that, we all know how bad Pakistans Internet service is, especially if you are using something like PTCL or so.
You can also try compressing the file on you Mac and sending them through. As the article suggests, check the MD5 too. Send the MD5 to the reviewer just incase.
Using different compressing software, compressing in Mac itself, uploading to custom server, using FTP to upload file; nothing resolves the issue.
Suprisingly, in mac, if we download the ZIP file by simply clicking the download link it downloads decompressed theme folder by default. Issue occurs only if we force download the ZIP file and manually try to decompress it.
Hope you people are doing fine. About 12 days ago i submitted my WordPress theme. Uptill now, i got 3 soft-rejections 2 of which was because reviewer was unable to open theme ZIP file on Mac OS X. Even though files was working just fine on my Windows PC.
The screenshot which reviewers send me shows my theme .zip file together with a .cpgz version of the same file ( http://envato.d.pr/tMS7/5WY0EgcU ). Upon research it seems a MAC specific issue: http://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/
I also tried compressing and decompressing theme files on MAC itself but this issue pertains. I’ve no idea how to avoid this issue. Although there are many workarounds to decompress such files in MAC but my files would be rejected again due to this mac specific issue.
With such long waiting time in queue, being rejected for some issue like this doesn’t feels good.
Do you people have ever experienced any such thing?