Posts by Norman144

5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Norman144 says

Pixelous. You are correct. Shortly after posting my questions I found the documentation section and it does have the examples I was looking for. thanks!

5 posts
Norman144 says

Can someone point me to info/tutorial/anything that shows how to use Option Tree in the actual code of our templates? Surprised that I cant find anything. Just how to install and create options, not how to actually use the options in code.

Thanks for any help

Norman

5 posts
Norman144 says

Did that already. Didn’t want to waste the entire weekend waiting for a reply on Monday, so I decided to be proactive.

thanks

5 posts
Norman144 says

Hi,

I was following instructions for the Pendulum theme and importing sample data and I got the following:

Failed to import Media “This_is_HARD_life_by_Man_Of_Inspiration” Failed to import Media “vh_260×120_v4” Failed to import Media “vh_260×120_v4-150×120” Failed to import Media “wm_far_away” Failed to import Media “wm_wakingUp” Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug Menu item skipped due to missing menu slug

there was a lot more but just failed media import and failed menu item skipped due to missing menu slug.

Anyone familiar or have an idea what needs to be done here? I swear I followed the silent video instructions exactly.

thanks http://themeforest.net/images/smileys/grin.png

5 posts
Norman144 says

This was an interest thread. thanks everyone.

I used CS-Cart and found it easy to install and good support. I understand that CS-Cart was started by some Magento people who left. I first tried Magento and was overwhelmed by its complexity and how slow it was on shared hosting. CS-cart was faster on shared hosting than Magento I find. And the forum support was more what I needed as a newbie. For me to pay the $200 fee for each installation means I found it easier to work with and the features went above and beyond that of Magento at the time. This was like a year ago I installed one for a client. I was only able to make minor “skinning” changes, colors, font sizes, moving modules around etc. But from what I saw CS-Cart cut the learning curve in half for me, especially with the forum and support system.

I thought it interesting that noone mentioned CS-Cart during this. I do recall that Magento power users don’t like cs-cart very much. :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by