I think it looks good from the home pages I can see. I guess there are more pages?
Didn’t you got any further explanations why they rejected it?
I would say the main issue would be lack of uniqueness, and that similar designs already exists.
Readability is a big issue. Try to make the light font a big stronger so it can be read better.
In my opinion, only looking at the design, I would say it will be approved/soft rejected.
Maybe not unique enough? Footer could be improved. Maybe an issue to use brands, and I recognize the video from another agency.
I hope it will be approved though since its really nice!
I think it looks really promising, and could sell good if its finished.
From what I can see:
- Header sometimes feels cramped. Especially the logo. How about adding some more space to it, or change the logo to fit in better?
- The footer seems a little cluttered. Mayeb clean it up a little by giving each column the same width, and try to make the columns more matching. For example, the newsletter sign up is just an input field. Compared to the other, it has too much space. Compare Footer 1 and Footer 4 to see what I mean. In footer 4, you need to work on the visual hierarchy and spacing.
Are you sure this is soft rejected? Do you see it under the hidden items?
I think its a good idea, and it seems like it have good potential in terms of features. It needs massive improvements though. Im using the latest firefox, and by checking the default demo store, I see the following:
- Overall, design looks outdated
- Overall, blurry and stretched images
- Responsive layout dont work. Elements, like the menu is converted, but the width of the container dont fit the screen width.
- Text are hard to read. The home link in the main menu, the hover on menu drop downs (white text, light grey background), etc
- Not all content is loaded, probably due to the animation features. I would also say that there are too much animation on elements in viewport.
- Quite many z-index mistakes. Currency drop down goes below the promo content. Mega menu in left column goes under the right column content on hover.
- The yellow product block look outdated.
- Footer looks cluttered and lack visual hierarchy
- Why put the @media-css inline?
- The spacing is not consequent
In other words, quite much to work on. I think the concept has good potential, and you have got plenty of useful features. I would suggest working on fixing the technical issues and then get back to the drawing board and try to improve the design.
Good luck, and hope to follow the process!
Thats probably agains the terms from google. I would suggest to write i guide how to set up the application inside your theme documentation.
The gap between the menu and slider looks a little odd to me, but mostly the main issue is spacing. Especially vertical.
What did the review say?
It looks pretty good in my opinion. You have some validation issues though: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdreamzshop.thememount.com%2Findex.php&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
I think it has great potential, but isn’t there yet. In face, there is quite a bit away as it is right now. I have seen a couple of your theme, and this seems for me to have greatest potential.
I like the concept and the design idea. What I should try to improve would be:
- Element sizing hierarchy, for example, maybe do the menu a bit taller and the search field shorter. The columns feels a bit small.
- Padding. Somewhere vertical, such as the menu, the newsletter form etc should be centered vertically. Also, work on padding between elements. Sometimes the elements are cramped, such as content/footer, module/module etc. I guess you will see what I mean if you look around.
- Work on details. Minimalistic designs is hard to do, and requires more of quality in details. The overall quality needs to be more well worked.
Dont give up on this Even if it has a pretty long way to go Im sure it will be a good theme if you put more time on it and go thru all sub-pages.
Also, if you would like to use my cycle slideshow module, just drop me a message.