Posts by ParkerAndKent

3256 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Mmm they look similar, but I can’t say that they used the same code…

...I can do the same stuff, loking the same, in few hours… without the need to see at their code…

...of course the base idea is the same.

3256 posts
    Has referred 100+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
@FlashDevelopment this is not a good way to advertise your website here :(

+1

I was thinking the same thing. To know if flashden is a good place where to sell you don’t need to adv your site.

I’m sorry but this looks like spam

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

This suck man, really.

And we are selling few bucks stuff here… everybody can buy here and respect developer work :-(

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Anyway, about files exposure discussion, I was thinking this:

I love democracy, absolutely, and the flashden way to give to all types of files the same exposure I think is a nice thing…

...but in my opinion can be more fair giving exposure related to a file coefficent…

I try to explain better:

take a preloader (everybody takes here preloaders as examples, so I do the same)...

...to develop it you just need few hours, that compared to 2-3 weeks of development for bigger applications like galleries, templates, etc are nothing.

Now seeing big and good files losing visibility because last 5 preloaders, banner rotators, buttons sets and similar is just sad…

...considering that a big and nice file is for flashden business a better opportunity than a 3 dollars file, I really don’t understand why staff doesn’t give more space to those files that can have a future.

What a coefficent can be?

Poor file 0.1 Good file 1.0

So it can work like:

days on first page = 3 * coefficent….

Just a my idea… just a consideration… what do you think?

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

I’ve contacted support, they told me about the file locked by a reviewer… but they just told me that they will investigate why…

...so :D

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

I have my file first in the queue for almost 4 days and it still there :D

I’m really frustrated by this, I don’t wanna see the queue anymore… actually my file seems to be locked by a reviewer for some reasons (mmmm which one?)

But… what can I do? I just drink some beers waiting :D

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

You’re welcome Mark.

I suggest you one thing.

When you will read the book don’t care to much about the examples that the book does, this in the first chapters about the basics of OOP , just try to well understand the theory… the most important thing when you program is to know exactly what you are handling… if you don’t understand exactly what, for example, a class really is or what an event really is, you will pay that with the time… so try to well understand all the bases…

...I’m sorry if my english is not very good, but I just wanted to give you some suggestions about the best methods that I think can let you be a good developer ;-)

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

I’ve bought 3 books on Flash and Actionscript, but can never get through any of them because the first 50-100 pages deal with making balls bounce around the stage. I understand timeline animation. I want to learn how to develop in Flash!!!

I’ve bought many book (all about actionscript, no timeline or animations… maybe 13 years ago when flash was a little stupid kid) and I can say that the Essential as 2.0 and 3.0 are very good to understand the basics of object oriented programming theory…

studying the theory is very important and then open the flash language reference and play with all the classes is something absolutely to do…

...then working on a single frame is more a “developer” technique, so if you want to approach that you should study flash as developer and not as animator/graphic…

...go and download from the adobe site:

programming adobe actionscript 3.0

This is the best book you can read, is very big and it’s free!

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says

Using oop a frame with all the assets on the stage is almost too much in my opinion :D

I really hate timeline… brrr….

...but is not a crime… if a project isn’t very dynamic, let’s say a 90% graphic project, that can be an honest solution ;-)

3256 posts
+9 more
ParkerAndKent says
Hmmm, this is an interesting post. Well, there are several different ways to judge how “good” a programmer is. I used to be a reviewer, so I’ve seen alot of code on this site. I’ll break this up into 2 categories, because I think both have merit.

Awesome Coding (Clean, straightforward, logical, well commented):
Bobocel, DigitalScience, RimV, Chuckanucka, dSKY, dabamol

Invention (Coming up with new, useful ideas that others haven’t pulled off yet):
Triworks, FlashJunkie, RyanTerry, Myself

I like your live text application. Very cool, seriously.

I’m one of those that believe in wysiwyg content management in flash, all the website that I’ve done in the last year have a flat cms made with flash-php-xml that is totally customizable on the website graphic, contents and look&feel…

I’ve been working on that cms (a code framework) for one year and believe me my clients love that. They login in their flash website and can modify everything just editing the flash site, so every modification is in realtime…so your livetext application is something really close to my idea of content management.

I hate to see free cms like wordpress to manage flash content… I love custom things that do only what they are supposed to do… and clients are happy because are easier to use and you can build a better interface :-)

But now I’m a little bit OT with this post, anyway are coming out good names of awesome developers here… I will look at all of them ;-)

by
by
by
by
by
by