Posts by PixelBin

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
PixelBin says

It may be possible. Matter of fact, my mistake and apologies—I never bothered to check the Lightbox CSS because I assumed it was correct. Now it’s fixed. :)

And thank you very much for the more detailed list of improvements needed. I highly appreciate it and I will definitely work on those!

+6 more
PixelBin says
In all seriousness though, I’m pretty sure it’s just that heavily “styled” templates will only sell one or two products because they corner themselves into niches.

True, true.

+6 more
PixelBin says

How ironic! You reviewed my theme. :)

+6 more
PixelBin says

Sorry if I’m getting annoying by insisting on posting these here, but I figured since the reviewers don’t provide support, the support system takes weeks to get back to you, the forum seems the right place for this.

I submitted a theme to TF and it rejected with “Additionally some of your files do not validate. Please be sure that all files validate before resubmitting.”

The problem is that they are indeed validating as XHTML 1 .0 Strict, and CSS Level 2.1—successfully, may I add.

How am I to go about this? W3C Validator says they validate, but the reviewer says they do not.

Thanks!

+6 more
PixelBin says

You’re absolutely correct, and I can answer this easily: because if your design is slightly creative, and “out of the bunch”, they reject it and make it look like all the other ones.

Simple, but true answer in my opinion. I’ve seen some very creative designs (some that I actually considered buying), that got rejected and ended up on reviewmydesign.com.

Unfortunately, it’s TF’s rules, so we have to play by them. :(

+6 more
PixelBin says

Wow. I am extremely surprised this got rejected (presumably of the one error I’ll mention below), while some simplistic, unattractive themes got accepted.

The one thing that the reviewer is correct in is the width. Maybe it’s the screenshot that’s deceiving but it extremely wide when the sidebar is included. I’d say keep it 960px wide maximum. The actual page without the sidebar looks like a perfect width, so I’m not sure what you’re going to have to do with the sidebar.

Maybe try squeezing it in with the main page, but that will surely need some several big changes in the design.

Hope this helped a bit. ;)

+6 more
PixelBin says
I’m not certain if the file I’m thinking of is yours, but reviewers will change the minimum version information if there’s issues or features that don’t render true in other versions. There was recently a file that opened fine in CS3 , but if you attempted to edit the perspective-skewed smart objects, the perspective reset upon saving. It required CS4 to edit the smart objects, so the review team approved it with a minimum of CS4 .
That wasn’t my file, but it does answer my question. Thanks!
+6 more
PixelBin says

I think I misled you. I have Creative Suite 4, but since I saved it as maximum compatibility, I set the option on the upload as minimum CS but when it was approved and posted, the reviewer changed it to CS4 .

Which leads me to believe I was incorrect, and that it was in fact not compatible with anything lower than CS4 .

So my question is, is it possible to save it to be compatible with earlier Creative Suites?

:)

+6 more
PixelBin says

Hello,

I was just wondering if there was any way to save a file as a .PSD that can be compatible with previous versions of Photoshop (CS3, CS2 , etc.). I save it with “maximum compatibility” but my reviewer changed the version option on one of my uploads from CS to CS4 , which obviously means it didn’t work on previous versions.

Kinda confusing, but thanks to whoever answers!

+6 more
PixelBin says

Is it just me, or did the whole reviewing process halt completely? There’s almost 90 items in queue. I’ve been 3rd in queue for about 3 days now.

The answers above are from two weeks ago. What’s going on?

by
by
by
by
by
by