Please add some usable CSS classes for description to allow basic formatting. It’s almost impossible to create legible banners for different resolutions based only on images.
Idea with separate description field for mobile devices is awesome.
Nice addon Hovewer, I have an issue with pagination and page no. 36
Any news about Android version? “Today sales / earnings” is a feature which is lacking in Android apps.
Just wanted to pass on some good news from the Envato Studio team. They’ve heard your concerns with the ‘First Dibs’ program and will be amending it in the next few days. Authors will now have the option to provide Express services for their items only. [...]
Great news, thanks!
[...] If it matters, it’s WRONG, it’s better if buyers use search and your items should be recognised for their respective qualities, not your sales history (which also could be of other kinds of items).
No offense but it’s better because of your opinion? And maybe the good sales history could be due to author’s items quality?
What I will agree on is that it SEEMS really cool to have a ladder to climb. It does make this website stand out and I love the ambition. The problem is, again, you can’t, even as a hard working author really climb to the point where it matters. [...]
If you think you can’t climb that high, you can’t.
[...] Recapping the situation after reading all the things published by Envato so far:
1. author becomes sellers
2. envato take a percentage as commission
3. there is a shadow (illegal) invoice that goes from the author to the buyer
4. buyer can declare to be a company to avoid paying VAT, we cannot check
5. authors are paid by Envato but make invoice to customers, so transaction doesn’t have any real cash flow proof
6. author needs to discount commission from earnings, so potentially I can pay 0 taxes or be in permanent credit if commission is 50% (for example) or if my tax rate is less than normal for particular situation
7. envato collect vat for us (and we say to tax office that someone did for us) which leads to an impossible situation,
8. authors who sells small things will stop existing as incoives for 2$ are simply silly as killing flies with a shotgun
9. we have no certified docs nor transation about the commission held from envato which makes legally impossible to discharge the cost from the earning
10. invoices are issued without permission to people we don’t know
11. invoices are out of any order for a professional like me that has many other invoices to external customers
Great post, +1 sir.
Just one question. Buyer deposits $50 to Envato then he buys one of my items. Then he receives the invoice issued by me (or rather, on my behalf). But I don’t receive any money from him directly. How is this possible? Then the buyer threw this invoice as cost invoice but such an invoice is invalid because there is no direct money flow between buyer and author. Not to mention situation in which the buyer or the seller provide false personal information (or doesn’t provide any) for invoicing purposes.
Guys, stop quoting that design, it takes so much space that reading anything else becomes extremely hard.. pretty much anything looks better than the current white, but that design wouldn’t make it much better, if they’d make a contest they’d get lots of better designs than that one.
I agree. Mentioned design looks very heavy and overloaded plus some of the elements are outdated. White background is fine, I got used to it already