One of my buyer had the same problem. Trying to import the .xml file, but it shows “Failed to Import: Invalid Custom Post Type”, this method resolved this issue for us, may be it would be helpful for you guys too:
1) Download and Install 7zip.
2) Right click on your .XML file -> 7zip -> Add to Archive
3) Change the “Archive format” to gzip and hit “OK”. You’ll now see your file with a .gz extension on it.
4) Try to import/upload the file again (selecting the .gz you just created not the .xml file) and it should work.
This looks like a only solution for now, but would like to hear an explanation for this issue.
Yes, it is really frustrating when your theme gets rejected because they say its conceptually close to other themes in the marketplace. So, we changed the design, added more features and uploaded, got rejected again for the same reason, changed the look to a completely different level and got rejected again.
here’s the link :Demo
any feedback on where else the changes should be made? also check out the features and shortcodes list too
We just wanted to ask some questions to the Authors and Envato Reviewers team on Reviewing process.
1) How are the themes reviewed or tested?
2) Does the reviewers check the demo site link provided?
3) Is there anything else that we should be aware of apart from the guidelines which are mentioned in the Knowledge base?
I want to use “Layer Slider” in my upcoming WordPress theme for sale on Themeforest. I know that I am supposed to buy an Extended License for this.
So my question is, Am I supposed to buy an Extended License each time I release a new theme or Is it like Buy once and Use it in multiple works(or themes) for sale.
I din’t use webzap. I like minimalism in my templates sometimes and that’s why I kept it clean and simple. Well, fellow authors seem to like it. Worth the time I spent on it
I like it. Generic – could be done with webzap too – but I like it.
But maybe thats the reason – Envato want to get away from generic, similar themes. Don’t know that…
I’ve found some issues by resizing it in Mac Safari, maybe that could be the reason too:good luck!
Yea thanks man. I’ll look into that right away.
I’m afraid this will happen to me..hopefully not…a lot of themes here are very similar and they got approved others got high sales with generic look..wonder why?
Seriously even I don’t get it sometimes. Not losing the attitude is the key. May be I’ll just come up with more themes.