.... Please see the Envato Notes about Compressing images, I can’t find it now but it’s a really good article.
I am so happy see more of our authors on G+. Just quickly wanted to let you know that at this stage we are not planning to adding author G+ brand pages as verified pages to the Marketplace.
One of the main reason for that is the fact that Google has not clearly specified how it plans to use the rel publisher tag yet. They don’t have any clear documentation around it ( the page which used to have some info on it is no longer available ). From what I recall the rel publisher association helps a business create a shared identity by linking the business’ website to the business’ Google+ Page and from the initial plan it looked like they seem to only talk about it as a one-to-one relationship.
You can still take ownership of your item via the author tag as specified here : http://notes.envato.com/authors/take-ownership-of-your-marketplace-items-via-g-authorship/. I hope this help
Looks like Google eventually pics up the authorship image for items too, it also adds sitelinks to item pages with this ( but the review snippet goes away )https://www.google.com/search?q=total%20wordpress%20theme
I am glad you guys like it
On the marketplace we have aggregate rating so the chances of seeing the authorship image + the stars together is very slim . But Google has been playing around with various formats for these so we can never be sure .
I think it is still beneficial to claim ownership because
1) before the reviews data kicks in , there is a possibility of your items showing the authorship image ( immediately after you launch an item , you will need to get a few reviews in before the review stats are published ). I would really appreciate it if any of you guys who have activated G+Authorship test this out on you new item before the review data is shown and post the screenshot of the search result if you can _
2) You still get a byline and the trust signals can still flow in to the item.
Hope this helps ..
Google Authorship is for individuals ( not for a brand or a company ) . To take advantage of Authorship you will have to use a G+ account that belongs to a person.
You can have a G+ Brand page and engaging with your followers on that is great but Google does not allow that to be associated with the content they serve up in the search result pages. The only exception being the brand info box that shows up for branded keyword searches.
We have been looking at G+ and how to go about integrating it on to the marketplace and Google authorship for item pages looked like a great way for us to do that.
G+ Authorship gives you ownership of the item that you have listed on our marketplace. I have pushed out Marketplace blog post outlining how you can get authorship snippet to show up for your items and profile page.
Here are some before and after screenshots of the search result :
Read all about it via the blog
If you have any questions regarding this, add a comment in here ( I will be hanging around to answer your questions in the next few days ). Also feel free to get in touch with me on Google+ (+SaijoGeorge) or Twitter (@Saijo_George) if I have not answered your question.
Special thanks to AJ ( WPExplorer ) and Terry for helping me with this.
Don’t forget to add us to your G+ network :
- Responsive’ness is kinda expected for a theme
- Parallax / Ken Burns effect could be quite useful on sliders and splash pages
- hover does not work well on touch devices, so any fancy things that are done on desktop variant should have a fall back mechanism on mobile
- supporting social network ( i talk about it on notes, support for twitter cards and such )
- would love to see mobile version of the site switch the navigation to the footer – in terms of usability its a no brainier
- multi screen experience will be huge eg : youtube
- voice control has the potential to do well, bilbo_b has a theme called time travel that works off this. If you want to implement voice control you could start with something like annyang
I have sent in a post on some cool new design trends to Speckyboy, I think that will a nice source of inspiration for some of you guys. will drop the link in here if it gets approved.
You might also like my post on web design elements on notes
There is no one thing really, a lot depends on what inspiration I am looking for .. if its design inspiration then dribble, behance, deviantart, creattica and a bunch of other sites
Just feeling down / having a dull day / for those moments when I lose faith in humanity : http://www.reddit.com/r/GetMotivated/ ( check the sidebar there are lots more in there ) and bunch of other Reddits and occasionally TED & Quora
and lots of Coffee