Hey everyone, thanks again for all the fantastic entries. The winner has been decided along with many other favourite entires, so head on over to the Market Blog to find out who’s won!http://marketblog.envato.com/community/wallpaper-contest-2-winner-announced/
We’ll be back next month with another theme once again… stay tuned
Competition Now Closed!That’s it! I’ll be going through all the entries now and choosing a winner plus my favourite entries.
Stay tuned for updates – we’ll be back shortly
These are aweeesommmmeee!!
I love all the stuff that they’ve done behind the scenes too, even though we can see them – shows that Envato really care about the attention to detail and continually improving their systems good work!
Loving all the entries so far; keep ‘em coming!
Some fantastic entries so far! Just make sure that when you’re embedding images directly into your post, the privacy settings allow them to be shared publicly…
Not mentioning any names, tomasz_chmielewski
Sam Berson, Can I use my wallpapers from Contest #1, or you need only once published works? Wish luck for everyone here!
In order to keep each round of the competition lively and fresh, I’m going to say that your entry/entries for each competition must be new, and so you cannot simply reuse your old entries.
Thanks & good luck
UPDATE: Contest now CLOSED, Winner Announced!
Hey everyone! We’re back again, now with round two of our first ever community-run competition
Enter Our Wallpaper Design ContestOur Wallpaper Design Contest runs each month with the aim of showcasing all the amazing creative talent we have within our community!
This month’s theme is Light. This means that any images which show light in a creative way (for example, light leaks, bokeh patterns and more) are eligible! You can design any style of wallpaper, and as well as photographs, we’re particularly interested in seeing entries created with your favorite graphics software. The choice is yours, be creative!
Please note: this month, you may only enter a maximum of 3 times per user in order to make the competition a more fair playing ground.
Important DatesThe competition will run for two weeks, with April 19th being the deadline for entries. Once the deadline has been reached, I will choose this month’s winner and announcement posts will be published shortly after.
But wait, what’s the prize?Once again, the winner of the competition will receive an Envato t-shirt, and will have their entry showcased to the community on the Market Blog! We’ll also be picking out stand-out entries and using them within the Envato Market social media headers!
How to EnterWhen entering the competition, please:
- Embed your entry/image in a forum post in this thread. Ensure your embedded image is 660px wide (any height) and is hyperlinked to at least one full size version of your image/entry. Please only post one image in your entry/post and this month, there is a maximum of 3 entries per person.
- Your image must be your own work and must not infringe on the work or rights of anyone else.
- Provide your entry in multiple sizes:
- Required: 1920×1440 (desktop)
- Required: 640×960 (mobile)
- Optional: Any additional sizes welcome and encouraged (e.g. 2560×1440, 1600×1200, 1024×768 etc.)
- You must download/include the Envato Market logo somewhere in your wallpaper. You may change the colour overlay but please only use one colour. You may also add your own Envato Market username, logo, or avatar if you wish. You are not permitted to add any web site or domain names to your image. Download the PSD here. See how to change the overlay colour.
- Important: Please make sure the images are available on a non-expiring hosting service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Entries that do not provide links to a full size version will not be eligible for prizes.
- Staff can enter but are not eligible for prizes.
Example of What Your Entry/Post Will Look Like
Help Choose the Next Theme!If you have a great suggestion for an upcoming theme, please submit it via this form: http://envato.d.pr/1eAiz/39byzmPx
We’ll then choose the best ideas from your submissions.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started with your entry now, and feel free to leave any questions or comments below. Good luck!
I suppose that serves me right for trying to use HTML on my iPad (my computer died tragically last week!)
Ironically though, the small ‘no image’ box that displays currently on my dodgy post is actually what the meme was about. Weird – illuminati confirmed I think