You may have noticed recently that the preview file naming had gone back to the generic “preview” naming. This was due to a recent Chrome browser update that introduced some cross-domain precautions that was incompatible with the Amazon S3 media file URLs.
I just wanted to let everyone know I have fixed this issue with the extension, so automatic preview file naming is working again 100%, across all marketplaces! It’s available for free on the Chrome Web Store.
Downloaded preview files be automatically named [market] _ [author] _ [title] _ [id] by default so you won’t lose track of the files, and you can further customize this in the extension options page, including:
- [marketplace] – The full marketplace name (e.g. “AudioJungle”, “ThemeForest”)
- [market] – The abbreviated marketplace name (e.g. “AJ”, “TF”, “VH”)
- [author] – The author of the item
- [title] – The title of the item
- [id] – The unique ID number of the item
- [maincat] – The main category of the item (e.g. “Music”, “StockFootage”)
- [category] – The full category of the item (e.g. “Music-Corporate-Motivational”)
usability is the main feature
+1. The way to really stand out is to make sure your items are as useable and ready-to-go as possible. That can mean providing useful variations, seamless loops, clean and thoughtful edits, processed/mastered/designed clips, etc. Create and design sounds for a real purpose. Make sure you put some thought into explaining the usefulness and versatility of your item in the description. A unique approach and recording also certainly helps, and quality is of course key. That’s my advice
Huge congrats Matt! I had a feeling it was just around the corner You deserve every bit of it!
Hey everyone! I’ve made a few updates this weekend. With PreviewPal v1.3, now along with:
- One-click download buttons on item pages
- Direct download access on the results/listing pages
- Automatic renaming for improved organization
- Hover preview playback for compatible media
You also have access to an “Enhanced Results View” option that provides an alternate list view layout with enhanced formatting, linking, and item information. Just enable it in the extension options and your results pages will now look something like:
The full-width audio player can also be separately enabled/disabled if you decide not to use it.
BUG FIX: For those of you that may have noticed it, this update also fixes a bug where the results page preview features didn’t update during pagination. All good now!
That’s a must have feature! Thank you! Any chances for Firefox?
Unfortunately I’m not really familiar with creating add-ons for FireFox, plus I know there are some media incompatibilities such as FireFox is unable to natively play MP3 files (requires integrating a more advanced player with a Flash fallback). However if any experienced FireFox devs are interested in converting the extension feel free to drop me a line!
Great app, thank you. I love AJradio, too, btw.
But I’m curious: As your app can access the item preview from list view, is it possible to have an option to not only download videohive previews, but also play them back in a modal window?
So that users can view the preview in list view and don’t have to go to the item’s page to do so?That would be great.
Great idea! PreviewPal now provides automatic preview playback on hover within results / listings pages for compatible media (some video previews are still are FLV). Simply mouse over the item area (audio) or thumbnail (video) to start playback. Hover playback can also be enabled / disabled via the options menu.
Make sure to update the extension if it hasn’t automatically (should be v1.2.0), and let me know what you think!
With all the attention on comp / preview file downloading recently, I’ve been inspired to create this new Chrome browser extension to help with downloading and organizing preview files across all marketplaces!
With it you can:
- Download preview files on item pages with easy access buttons (no right-click)
- Download preview files directly from results and listing pages
- Download preview files on items across all marketplaces (where available)
- Automatically renames the preview files based on item information
- Customize your own file naming convention for improved organization
I hope you find it useful, and let me know if you notice any issues or have any requests!
UPDATE: PreviewPal now also provides automatic preview playback on hover within results / listings pages for compatible media. Simply mouse over the item area or thumbnail to start playback. Hover playback can also be enabled / disabled via the options menu. Enjoy!