Posts by Shaung111

6 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
Shaung111 says

Thanks very much for both of your replies, it helps a lot.

Would the colours in the demo site be reason for rejection then even if this is something the end users are able to change through the theme options?

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaung111 says

Hi megathemes, thanks for taking the time to reply. My issue is though that it doesn’t offer anything more than the standard reply I recieved for the reviewer. How to we know what their standards are if they don’t give any indication to where the design falls down?

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying the examples I’ve listed above are bad, I just can’t see why mine is aesthetically unsuitable in comparison. It’s just frustrating in that instance when the review says we have to look through the current library for examples of what is suitable.

If you could point out where it has gone wrong, I’d really appreciate it.

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaung111 says

Just thinking about this, would changing the theme to be responsive give more chance of being accepted?

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaung111 says

Hello All

My recipe theme has been hard rejected again with the exact same canned response from the reviewer

The overall quality of your submission does not meet our aesthetic and technical requirements and will need to be improved before being resubmitted. Unfortunately we’re not able to provide more specific feedback for your submission at this time.

Please consider taking some time to familiarise yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

http://www.bsbdev.co.uk/recipress/

Since I first submitting the theme, it has gone through some significant changes as in hindsight the first submission was definitely not up to scratch. It is now compatible with WooCommerce, comes bundled with the premium Nivo Slider WP plugin, and has had a number of typography changes.

I have had a look through the category that I am submitting to and there are 8 other themes that I am competing against, a selection:

I am not slating the above examples (as I have purchased and made a successful site from one of them), but as aesthetics is a very subjective thing I can’t see what they offer over and above my theme, especially when colours and backgrounds are completely changeable in mine.

So if anybody has any feedback for me I’d greatly appreciate it, especially if it’s more useful than “your theme’s not good enough but we’re not going to tell you why” :)

Cheers

6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaung111 says

Hello all,

My first submission to themeforest has been rejected…

Unfortunately your submission ReciPress – Wordpress Theme for Recipes and Food isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately your submission doesn’t meet our current minimum quality requirements for the category it was submitted to. Please consider taking some time to familiarize yourself with our current library and quality levels of popular items before resubmitting.

We appreciate your submission and look forward to seeing your future submissions.

I was hoping for some open and frank criticisms of my designs with possibly some tips on progressing it forward so that it would be accepted by the reviewers. Will really appreciate any help offered. Shaun

http://www.bsbdev.co.uk/recipress
6 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Shaung111 says
http://www.wpdesigner.com/2007/02/19/so-you-want-to-create-wordpress-themes-huh/

Old article, but will get you on the way with the basics of theme development

by
by
by
by
by
by