What is the reviewer message?From what I see there it looks good except for some elements.
- Change the logo, it doesn’t look good at all.
- Footer looks empty and messy. It needs more attention.
- You load too many scripts and styles for just a CV template. You must optimize this.
Don’t give up it has potential.
Bassically sliders/carousels were invented to show more info at once, to save the space and make the page compact. I personally like them if they are used in the right way. For example I dont like Revolution slider because the content is not readable on mobile devices, from my point of view it looks good only on large screens, but also it has tooooo much useless code that just overload the page.
So, if a slider is intended to show content on all devices, it should do it and that content should be readable and the most important is to not add hundred of useless options when the user need only a few and these can be easy done directly in HTML or CSS. Keep it simple and lightweight.
In conclusion, I prefer the sliders to be used for important presentations and not for every c*. Sadly not everyone think so(including clients).
You can do extensions for plugins that are available for sale on Codecanyon or for any other Open Source plugins, but for themes, it should not allowed, because if this is allowed imagine what CC will become…
*Anyways, flaged for staff reply.
rahulkashyap saidDon’t worry, it’s not hard. Just follow instructions and if you have a custom metabox framework, then you can easily get the values in a select box, checkbox or anything else you want. You decide how to asign sidebars, not the plugin.
i am new in wordpress theme developing but even i will try
rahulkashyap saidSMOF is outdated now, you must use Redux or any other framework that is supported by its developers. I say this because I was one of the SMOF developers and we decided to discontinue its development.
right now i am working on SMOF framework. so i can help you related to SMOF if you want to use it
Flay said* Then probably a better filter, I’m sure most of the users prefer to click and and not type. Maybe you can add a drop-down menu to search box on click with all albums and filter them when the start typying. Aka, autocomplete.
Thanks for the feedback, Smartik!
- there is no need for a menu, users should use only the search function.
- there are specific “albums” for specific images, so the upload buttons relates only to the album where the user is, so uploading from homepage wouldn’t be possible
* I saw that, but anyways I don’t find it to be good choice, I still want it on homepage
Anyways, this is a fresh project and I’m sure you’ll have to add/change a lot of things but try to collect feedback from users and make it so how the community want it to be. The best is to add a link somewhere with a special form designed for feedback.
- I miss the menu on homepage.
- Upload button on homepage,. Why would I go to an album if I want just to upload, I should be able to do this from homepage.
- Add a confirm button for report button or the text “Report this image”, something explainatory. Right now I clicked it once because I had no idea what is this for.
- The upload form is not user friendly, and I have the impresion that its development is not finished. Also let the users to specify the license and some other info(ex: website.)
- Bulk upload is also a good feature. What if I would like to upload 100 photos at once?
I have included this feature in themes, but now I think it is better to be a standalone plugin. Some users need it where some not, and this is an additional code that is not very important IMO.
In conclusion, I advise you to make or use a plugin for this.