same for me here. As you can see, i had one month with tripple the amount of clicktroughs, but less in referrals. I decided to invest less time into promoting outside of Envato and invest more in cleaning up my portfolio (keywords, descriptions etc.)
Not sure what exactly helps more, but i will hopefully find out
please have a look at my portfolio in the electronic / Trance / House section here : http://audiojungle.net/collections/702142-club-dance?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sort_by=sales_count&type_id=702142
Or you can also check on iTunes and Beatport some of my (older) releaes.
If you think this coud work for you, please get back to me trough my profile email with all the details for the project.
Thank you and good luck with the project.
Just try to compose some other genres as well. My portfolio for example contains not many Corporate tracks, and the ones i have do hardly sell. I have a wide range of styles, because i do 90% of the time just what i like and maybe the other 10% trying to do something that is on demand on AJ. Some people argued that having just one style in your portfolio is better, because the buyer knows “for Rock i go to Author XY and for Jazz to Author VZ”. This could be true i guess, but on the other hand, if you don’t succeed with that, it’s better to have some other things in your portfolio.
After a time you can possibly see, that your Jazz (or whatever) tracks sell best, because your maybe best at that style. Then you can go ahead in that direction.
Just an idea, no proof for anything i’ve said
I might look into battery…exs24 is just long pain sometimes.. as logic x in general… well, for me .. Thanks Daniel!
battery is very good on this, as you can simply select one of the “pads” where you want the sample to be loaded and browse with the finder trough your audio files which will be played in real time (as long as you have a midi note that triggers the selected pad in your arrangement). I use this often to replace kickdrums, or any other drumsound that does not sound good in a later state of the track.
Why not converting the sample into a sampler instrument (done with one klick) ? The you can simply shift the key / note or on some samplers (NI Konakt and Battery) you can preview the sample thet you want to lead in realtime on the position where the note is.
Even if you could replace / swap the audiofile in the arrangement window / timeline, there will be the problem of starting points of you other audiofiles / fx.
Another way would also be to use apple loops.
...but maybe the rent’s are astronomically high in London.
In London, it’s not uncommon to pay around €1000 a month…for something like this
So, although most commodities here are ‘reasonably’ priced (although I personally disagree with this), it’s especially rent prices that push things over the top.
Holy Cow ! That’s a nice flat the kitchen sink is possibly also the toilet, right ?
AlumoAudio saidSURE ? Whenever i visited London i had the feeling it’s much cheaper there than in Zürich. But maybe it depends on what all counts in. Food, Drink and Clothes where a lot cheaper but maybe the rent’s are astronomically high in London.
HAHA, just for fun !
LOL! Well, if it’s any consolation Daniel…
HAHA, just for fun !
MarkMarker saidI’m sure however, that a nice average full-time in Switzerland fully compensates such high costs
matsteiner saidWow, that’s quite expensive
Flat for 1 month: 40 sales … Food for 1 month: 25 sales … 10 liter of gas: 2 sales … Yes, Czech Republicmy goodness…in Switzerland I need:
Flat for 1 month: >300 sales … (incl. addditional costs like water & heating, but not electricity)
Food for 1 month: 160 sales … (ok, for the entire family, but only when we buy cheap food)
10 liter of gas: 2.5 sales …
That’s not really the truth. Most people from abroad think everyone is kinda “rich” in Switzerland. This might be true if you work as a investment banker or similar. But as a mechanic or supermarket sales person, you will have a hrad time to keep up with the standards here.
So, as a “Artist”, it’s allmost impossible to make a living out of you art / music with a very, very few exceptions.
Conclusion : Switzerland is a rich country with high standards, but it need’s a lot of efford (some people have 3-4 jobs) to be able to life here as there are not many cheap flats etc.