Posts by Stars1100

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Stars1100 says

You do Understand what you are saying for the most part and appreciate your comment, one thing that scars me is that Videohive is using authors from here to do reviews and that’s not a good sign because they just maybe rejecting projects that are similar to theirs or others they are friends with here and that is never good, they want to get the sale more. Lets face it every style of projects is going to have similarities to others even almost copying trailer concepts from Hollywood, nothing is ever truly brand spanking new as artist we draw on stuff that’s out their and use it because it works.

The review team should not be Videohive authors, Videohive needs to hire people outside with AE knowledge and a good eye, that way they have nothing to gain be rejecting a project as appose to authors. I still feel they need to lighten up and give some kind of reason for the rejection that in istself will help the author if they know what they are doing wrong in order to make improvements not just for the one project but for others that they will do.

18 posts
Stars1100 says

Hello all, I did have a project hard rejected and after endless e-mails to videohive I finally got some answers but not all to my satisfaction. If you are reading this here please click over to Site Feedback and please read my thread “AE Project REVIEWS and make your comments their.

Thank you.

18 posts
Stars1100 says

I am starting this thread because I want to get an idea of what others think, so your feedback would be welcomed. For a while now I have been bothered by how the review team reviews new AE Pojects and their method. First I will say they don’t have an easy job to do and I praise them for their hard work but I do have to question how they are going about it. I have been seeing for a while now way to many Good AE projects being Hard Rejected that I feel SHOULD NOT be rejected. To often when a Potential Author gets a hard Rejected they get greeted with the review teams favorite automated e-mail:

Rejection E-mail: “Unfortunately your submission isn’t ready for VideoHive and cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements for quality and/or Envato Market policies. In order for submissions to be considered for sale they must be of high aesthetic and technical quality, unique to our library and cannot be in violation of Envato’s policies. Please see our Knowledgebase for more information”

To me this type of e-mail is 1. a slap in the face, 2. it really means nothing and does nothing for the author. I feel that the review team needs to take more responsibility when they hard reject a project and give some explanation as to why and what is wrong, they don’t have to list everything just give the main big reason so that the author can either fix it or move on to another project Just the word ” cannot be resubmitted as it did not meet our minimum requirements” is in some way telling the potential author that their project is no good and they have no clue as to what the problem if any may be. AE Projects are becoming more and more popular in the field of film making and there should be room for the most complex projects to the most simple project, it seems that the review team seems to just want the most complex and visual and nothing simple and believe me there are many whollld not be far fetched to say that some of them maybe just selecting a bunch of projects and just sending out Hard Rejections with out even looking at them just to clear the back log, and it would be easy for them to do that because they are not required to tell the author what was wrong just send out the usual automated rejection, at least with them having to give a reason or two and an explanation it insure that a project was actually reviewed. I also feel that they get to criticle and technical for what they want and they make it very hard for potential authors to sell their projects. Turning away an author is turning away money for Videohive as they get a percentage. There needs to be a better balance on Videohive and their should be room for All projects great and small to the very simplest. They could create another section here for those types of projects, it will make them an even bigger site for people to come to to buy. I have seen on other sites I can’t mention by name that sell pretty much Envato does authors that ones came here and were rejected to many times before the said screw it and went elsewhere and let me tell you they have certainly voiced their dissatisfaction with Videohive their in other forums and they are selling their projects that were rejected here on other notable places and their sales are very good, which means their is a market for those projects, people are buying them. If videohive does not lighten up with their reviews of projects these other places are going to be the top places to go and videohive will become the least place. I am an editor and I do a lot of promo work for the CW Network, a lot of my work has been on TV I have been doing it for a long time and I know what is visually effective, what works and does not work, I have seen to many good stuff in item discussion that were good enough to sell and yet the Videohive reviewers rejected them… They really need to give some better feedback on all rejections not just the soft rejection, they need to tell the author what they found to be wrong.

Thanks for reading.

18 posts
Stars1100 says

I saw your video and I thought it was great, something I would certainly buy, as for the strictness of the review team here I think its starting to get very annoying and the reviewers are Tick me Off! as they are with others, they are turning down way to many good AE projects and I also have the feeling they are so back logged that they are just randomly picking Projects with out looking at them and just spitting out Rejections and its easy when they are not obligated to giving a comment on what wrong with it. They are making Videohive loose a lot of money and Potential authors with these needless rejections I am for one getting tired of this crap. I am already sending a complaint letter to the home office because I really don’t have any confident in sending in my complaint with the contact here it seems like everything gets answered in a side step way. So I’ll go straight to the source. Way to many good templates getting rejected, they keep this up and people will start going elsewhere to sell.

18 posts
Stars1100 says
Thanks, Any and all music that I have I have purchased over the years weather through Envato or somewhere else I have the Proper license. Now when I upload my preview Video where do I put the license?? Do I send it to Envato when I upload the preview video or do I just simple state that I have the license how does this work here, I have read all the instructions here to witch some of them are old and a bit vague. The other thing is when I use music I may use for example 3 songs and put them together in a way that is a remix to compliment the project. I also know that I can use music that is under the CC license attribute 3.0 Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/ and others like it.

Just let me know where I would upload the proper license when I upload the preview video.

Thanks PS Please don’t take 4 days again to answer my question.

18 posts
Stars1100 says

I checked it out there was nothing wrong with what you created, again I say the review team here are getting of hand with hard rejections and I think its time I try to push for a change how projects are reviewed. Keep an eye out for a new thread on this matter I will be starting In Feedbacks.

Couldnt agree more. I got this rejected https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drV6yUAo7sU&list=UU9NcTfUZlDF_gJB2fmFgm5Q And I tought it was unfair. Been rejected so many times now that im actually thinking of trying other marketplaces.
18 posts
Stars1100 says

This is a question,

I know that videohive likes when authors who create AE Templates and use audiojungle’s watermarked music for the preview videos but I already have a large collection of high quality Production Music from several sources one of which is Two Steps From Hell music. Can I use music from other sources other then audiojungle and if I can How would I watermark music I purchased, do I make a recording just like audiojungle and repeat the name of the artist or what ever??? Any feedback would help. As a side note I would rather use the music I already have and since my Profession is Video Editing I have a very large Library of Production Music.

Thanks

18 posts
Stars1100 says

I did not feel anything was wrong with it, yes its a simple project but also there are a lot of people who don’t know how to create in After Effects and maybe just starting to learn and they would want something simple as this item, I don’t see why Videohive always needs to have these complex projects with a whole lot of effects, there are a lot of people who just want something simple. My personal feeling is that the review team get to critical and expect these complex technical templates and with that said they are rejecting way too many good projects and not only that that don’t even have the respect to leave a few short comments as to what’s wrong with the projects which leaves the potential author with no information on what would need to be improved. I am getting more and more less comfortable with how they are reviewing and all they will accomplish in the end is turning people away and going elsewhere to sell their projects. Me I have only been rejected once since I am a new author here, but I am busy and I am not going to play back and fourth games with the reviewers or this site, if I get rejected again I will just move on, it won’t hurt me one bit to sell somewhere else but it will hurt Videohive since they will lose the author and the money.

18 posts
Stars1100 says

Envato needs to get their act together, we are now in the HD stage of life, Videohive needs to allow authors to be able to present their previews in full HD or at least at the 1280X720 16:9.

18 posts
Stars1100 says

It Looks OK but I have to agree with the others its not the highest quality, while I don’t care for how Envato does their reviews and I think they should give some comments, your transitions and camera moves needs a lot of work I can actually see the cuts from one to the next Not very good. Perhaps try creating it in After Effects and make it more exciting.

by
by
by
by
by
by