Posts by Stars1100

44 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Stars1100
says

My Item was just aprouved hours ago.But it only listed on my portfolio page and videhive home page in new items.I cant see it in any list or category in videhive.It require E3D plugin but doesnt exist in E3D item list not even in all item list.What happened.I loose visibility.Please fix me this envato http://videohive.net/item/epic-blockbuster-trailer-kit/10865529
I thought it looked pretty good and I could be wrong it just maybe Videohive Video player but I thought it moved a little choppy. I have seen this happen with my own projects if I use to many Element 3D titles some areas tend to move a little choppy.
44 posts
Stars1100
says

I saw nothing wrong with it at all, as far as its soft rejection, and then hard rejection most likely the reviewer was on drugs. They asked you to make some camera movements and you did that but it was not good enough, lately nothing is good enough for the reviewers accept their own projects. I pretty much gave up on them and this review stuff and went elsewhere, i come here to buy and check the comments that’s about it, its sad that they can’t get their act together and stop being so much of a stickler about projects.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

Voxyde, I appreciate your responses but I don’t spend all my time just coming here and writing about this issue and as far as getting better in what I do I am always getting better and learning new things from highly skilled people with in the entertainment business since I work in that field. As for Envato who owns their business sure they’re free to run their business however they want, but at the same time they are catering to a market place of buyers and authors, especially authors, that’s why they have the feedback section, it’s used for that very reason for Envato to look at its comments and feedback’s so they can make improvements as needed, every business needs to adjust and make changes as needed. If something is not working then changes needs to be made. As for me on this issue I will continue to express myself and my concerns on this reviewing procedure since it effects me and others at this market place until Envato makes some reasonable changes. I only spend but a few minutes here in the comments so their is no loss time in my creating templates and my other business obligations to clients. I have templates selling on other market places so I am not losing anything here by making these comments.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

Voxyde, You are right Envato is not responsible for making anyone a better artist, but then that’s not the point. Most of us here are accomplished artists some of us including myself have and still work in the entertainment industry to great success and we all have a good visual eye. The problem is that when the Review team Hard rejects getting the same rejection notice becomes meaningless when it tells you NOTHING! If Envato has a review team then their should be some kind of standard rejection form that they have to fill out that gives the author an idea of what the reviewer feels is wrong with it, again most of us are professionals so when we submit a project then as professionals we already have felt it was ready, I am sure we all check and recheck a project before we submit it, so if its rejected then we should now why, its that simple, I don’t want to hear that the review team are to busy or they have so many to review that they don’t have time to list all that’s wrong with a project because that’s BS its their job they chose to be reviewers, spitting out the same rejection notice is saying we are to lazy, that rejection notice is an easy out for them because with that they don’t have to give any reasons and it does not prove they even reviewed it. At best how projects are reviewed here in my opinion is sloppy and it needs a change, if the reviewers are volunteers then its up to Envato to actually hire them and pay them a salary or hire enough people who will be the review team and make the time to give a decent report back to the author, if Envato wants to keep getting bigger and for the money they take in then they can afford to actually hire a full review team, So sorry, NO excuses are acceptable.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

There’s nothing wrong with the project just something wrong with the review team, they are not doing their job in a satisfactory manner in my opinion. They need to give a reason why they are rejecting a project and I don’t care if it takes them a little longer in the review process, that should be apart of their job and if they are volunteers then Envato needs to pay them a salary then perhaps they will do a better job, I just think they are rushing the reviews and I bet a lot of submitted projects don’t get reviewed because they get so back logged they just grab a bunch of projects and reject them since its easy to send the same rejection letter with out an explanation.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

These constant rejections of good templates that have nothing wrong with them are getting way out of hand and the review team are becoming more of an annoyance. I am disgusted with the review team and rejections without any comments is just NOT ACCEPTABLE anymore. Obviously our comments and complaints here are doing nothing to make improvements, so the next step is to go straight to Envato’s Home Office with an actual letter mailed straight to them and that’s what I am doing, these problems needs to go to some one in their office with authority to be able to make changes, otherwise contacting them through the contact on the site only gets us a volunteer more then half the time and really don’t have any authority to change anything, and all you get are excuses after excuses which I am tired of.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

You see this is what upsets me most there is absolutely nothing wrong with this project and NO reason to reject it weather is Christmas or not, Ok so you won’t get many sales during off season but there’s still a library of holiday stuff that are still up and buyable from here. Sometimes I wonder of the review team are smoking crack half the time. I have a problem with how they review projects. Envato needs real improvement their.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

You are right, life is not always fair, but when it comes to my projects getting a reject I want to know why, otherwise I can’t even begin to make adjustments, but then again I’m not going to just waist my time with Envato Reviewers either, the way I see it is that their are other market places that are not as stricked as Envato and actually give a reason when they reject a project and offer you the chance to submit it again. For an Author their is no lose to go to another market place as I have seen from some projects rejected here are up for sale elsewhere and they are making good sales, so really its Envato taking the loss not the author. Envato only survives from the percentage they take in from these projects and if they don’t make some changes in how they review and lighten up on how stricked they are people are going to go to other places, they are not going to waist their time here, while Envato will survive and get bigger so will other market places and Envato will have competition and won’t be considered the largest anymore. Always a word to the wise if Envato wants to be the big dog then they need to revise with the times, there is a need for all kinds of template and themes.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

Its been one week now and still no reply or any kind of answer from staff, I have clicked on request staff reply several times, I have pushed this question to the front and still no one can answer a simple GD question that I am sure someone can answer, I see other peoples questions getting a response, what is up with this site! and yes getting a but Pissed off.

44 posts
Stars1100
says

If I am not mistaking if you create for example a scene using Metropolitan and create a city block scene with effects ECT. and render it out as an MOV file to use for a full project template I know you can use that as part of your assets files I have seen this done this in effect is an asset per-rendered file which would be used as part of the whole Project that you want to sell. Some people who don’t have Element 3D often will make some per-rendered video files with additional effects that are going to be used in a full project..

by
by
by
by
by
by