Posts by Stars1100

36 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Stars1100 says

Its been one week now and still no reply or any kind of answer from staff, I have clicked on request staff reply several times, I have pushed this question to the front and still no one can answer a simple GD question that I am sure someone can answer, I see other peoples questions getting a response, what is up with this site! and yes getting a but Pissed off.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

If I am not mistaking if you create for example a scene using Metropolitan and create a city block scene with effects ECT. and render it out as an MOV file to use for a full project template I know you can use that as part of your assets files I have seen this done this in effect is an asset per-rendered file which would be used as part of the whole Project that you want to sell. Some people who don’t have Element 3D often will make some per-rendered video files with additional effects that are going to be used in a full project..

36 posts
Stars1100 says

Well if a reviewer is rejecting a project with a quality of 2.5K and the reject is about quality the the reviewer must be blind. That 2.5K is a really good quality. I said this once before and I still believe it to be true, I think Envato is very under staffed with Volunteers to review AE project to the extent that they get so back logged that I think in order for them to catch up they are just randomly picking a bunch of projects waiting to be reviewed and just rejecting them with out ever really viewing them, I mean why not since they don’t provide any feed back or reasons for rejecting its very easy to send out that same old rejected letter they been spitting out now for a decade. Makes you wonder, and that’s why I feel there are so many good AE projects that are rejected, because they don’t review them all.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

If you get a hard rejection it means the template is not good enough and will not be good enough if you don’t make a big amount of improvements. It’s your job as an author to determine what the problems are with your template and not the reviewer. It might be difficult to be neutral about your own work, but you should. And you can always create a thread and ask for opinions from other authors. Although I wonder 90% of the time why people can’t see it for them self what is wrong with it and why it’s not good enough.

Sometimes its hard for an Author to see any potential mistakes when they feel a project is ready especially trying to second guess what Envato Reviewers are going to see. I will agree that the reviewers 90% of the time do a good job at discerning what is good but many times they have been way off. As this market in AE is growing I have found people want all kinds of projects even they very simple ones to the most complex, I deal with many clients in my line of work and many of my clients including the CW network that I freelance for over the past 3 years have wanted very simple stuff for network use, I do a lot of their promos that I am sure everyone at one time or another have see, I have done 13 of them under the song TV Now all the edits are mine and very simple effects all done in After Effects. I have done numerous trailers for independent films to corporate and industrial including opening credit intros. I’ve been doing this for over 18 years so I think I have a good visual eye, I am not saying everything I do is great as their are times when a client wants something different. It can be hard at times to know what Envato wants even when following their guidelines, This market needs to be a little more open to cater to everyone’s needs

36 posts
Stars1100 says

Hello staff people! are you all on vacation?.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

Just wondering when someone is going to answer my question here plus I even requested a staff reply this been here now for 4 days, wake up people I don’t have all year to finish my project, sorry if am being sarcastic just getting a little annoyed that I can’t get answer.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

The Rejected reply you got is the same worthless nonsense everyone gets when rejected it does nothing it helps nothing. I thought your stuff was good I would have bought them, I would keep striving to get better if you want to be an author here, but I hate when others advise to throw away your templates and start over again which i find very insulting, if you feel those templates you created are good enough then hey you could always go to Pond5 or Shutterstock If Envato does not want a percentage of the sales because they are so hard headed then I am sure those other market places will. For me as an author I give any market place 2 chances after that i move on I’m not one for playing back and fourth games with any market place.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

VH requirements are quite clear to see. check this for examples of what they accept for sale http://videohive.net/category/after-effects-project-files
It is the latest accepted templates. I can find a lot of bugs in accepted templates and I do not like some of them. Please check the list of quality requirements of Shutterstock (for example).
But this isn’t Shutterstock, it’s Videohive. Different standards.

I think that you are not accepting the critics as you should, it is not easy to critic a work that someone post here, but it is very helpful. That is why there are low number of people doing it, because they are trying to help and in much cases they are receiving rude replies.
The reason why people are getting rude towards reviewers is because they don’t tell you what is wrong with a project they deem to reject. An artist can’t improve or correct something if they don’t know what the problem is. This is one of the problems that for me is a real sore spot that actual Staff employed by Envato can make it a rule that the review team needs to give a rejection reason, not list Evey single problem with a project but 1 or 2 main things. If the review team does not like rude replies or rude responses then they should give a reason PERIOD! A hard Rejection with a standard auto reject they have been spitting out to authors for the past decade is meaningless to an author it tells you nothing and is NOT CONSTRUCTIVE!
Usually they reject your project because there’s more than 1 or 2 main things wrong with it, so even if they were to list just those 1 or 2 things, there are still a long list of other things they feel are wrong.

That’s understandable that a project may have to many things to list, but I think if they were required to give just a few details it will only help the author in the future. Giving no reason at all and sending out the usual automated rejections is not constructive and its meaningless.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

I don’t see anything wrong with it, they should not have been rejected, I never really understood the logic in the way the reviewers review, there’s a market for everything from the most complex to the most simple. The Problem with Hard Rejections is that the reviewers can hide behind their famous rejection notices that are just automated and say the same thing to everyone that’s rejected with no real value to the potential author, in this way the reviewers get away with saying what’s wrong with the project, kind of makes the author feel like their work is no good. Envato needs to step it up and make better improvements in how they review and offer some kind of response as to what some of the main reasons are for these rejections.

36 posts
Stars1100 says

Still waiting for someone, anyone to answer my question here, its not that hard, I am more then sure that members have read my post and yet no one can reply and answer a simple question, on top of that I also have requested a staff reply yet NO STAFF this place really needs to be improved. Other topics are getting replies so its not like mine should not get one either some one here must have an answer to my question, I am not trying to be an ass about it but come on 3 days and no response at all.

by
by
by
by
by
by