Posts by SuperMario290

180 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
SuperMario290 says

Oh my gosh, sorry for the double posting of the topic :( please delete this one. Sorry…

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Hey everybody, I was looking at a tutorial (http://www.wprecipes.com/wordpress-hack-show-your-top-contributors-without-a-plugin) and I read that it was a lot better to use wp_query to find the top contributors to a WordPress blog.

I was just wondering if any of you guys knew how to do this because I really have no idea. I would really appreciate any help :) Thanks in advance!

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Hello,

I was looking at a tutorial that explained how to show top WordPress contributors (in terms of posts made) without using a plugin, but somebody said the code would be much better if it took advantage of wp_query. I really don’t know how to do this, and I was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. It would be much appreciated.

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Okay, so I am in the process of transferring my WordPress blog (http://defaultprime.com) from Media Temple to Host Gator. I have transferred all of the MySQL tables, have installed WordPress as well as uploaded all plugins and themes, but when I login, the “admin” account is set up as a subscriber.

So, how do I go about changing my admin user’s role or adding an administrator to the site? I would really really appreciate any help whatsoever as I need to have the site up as soon as possible, and I know that you guys are the ones to turn to.

Thanks!

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Hey everybody, I was just wondering what you guys would recommend for a web host? I have been with inmotionhosting, and the support, uptime, and much more was terrible. I’m currently with Media Temple, but I have a website that gets roughly ~100,000 unique hits, and I’m on the grid service, and my overage charge was just too much and the uptime is so spotty I can’t even believe it.

I was looking at iPage and Host Gator, but I really wanted to see what all of you guys recommended.

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

honestly I don’t think I’ve ever seen a full flash WP theme before, but it really wouldn’t be for me. I’m more of a JavaScript/Ajax guy and I don’t know ActionScript but like thePhoenix said, if you create the theme, then you might create the demand for a flash theme.

I mean it would be something new and if you make a great theme I don’t see why it wouldn’t sell.

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Well I would like to go to college for it just to get experience, meet people, and stuff like that. I do actively do web design on my own, just unfortunately due to sports (2 a days coming on friday), I have no time to make something of quality to release on ThemeForest…yet.

I am currently looking into all of my possibilities though. I really am fond of the coast in Oregon and Washington, and Portland and Seattle are easily my favorites.

Right now I’m trying to get my HTML /CSS skills to the best that I can get then just start bettering my PHP and MySQL.

I WAS thinking of colleges in the UK though. I was looking into one in Bournemouth and something Leeds (sorry I don’t know the UK very well) but that is most definitely an option. Is living there cheaper do you guys think?

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

The Nettuts one is good, but also check out [url]http://themeshaper.com/sample-theme-options/[/url]. It’s more cut-and-paste and it’s easy to customize and all of that. I would definitely go for that if you’re not all up for the Nettuts one. ;)

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Wow I honestly could not have asked for a better answer blabus. Thanks a ton man. Yeah, I really don’t want to come out of school with a ton of money to pay back, and I’m really going to have to look at colleges around the area and just see what I can do then.

Thanks again man :)

180 posts
SuperMario290 says

Well I am now 17 years old and am going into my senior year of high school. I absolutely LOVE web design and it is the field I would want to go in 100%. The only problem is, I live in the US and all of the colleges/universities that specialize in web design are super expensive.

One I was looking into was the Art Institute in Seattle. I mean, minus the fact that it’s $25,000 a year, it’s a damn nice place.

That’s really the only place I’ve looked into as of now, but I wanted to ask you guys: are there any places in the US that are really good and specialize in web design? I would go to a normal college but most around here don’t offer web design.

Thanks for your guys’ help, I really need it!

by
by
by
by
by
by