Posts by ThemeBlvd

1028 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

Start posting items and see what sells, baby!

1028 posts
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

So I won’t be able to check my sales for those 5 hours… that could be a problem… seeing as how I sit on TF all day clicking refresh… Hmm I guess I’ll try getting a life :-)

1028 posts
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

I just decided I’d try this whole Twitter thing out :-)

http://twitter.com/jasonbobich

1028 posts
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

I think that people know TF for having a crap ton of awesome Wordpress themes, so people interested in purchasing Wordpress themes are shopping around here, not as many Joomla users.

On the other hand, if someone were to start posting some of Theme Forest’s first truly awesome Joomla templates… like Rocket Theme quality templates… It would be interesting to see how many sales they’d be racking up. It would probably help jumpstart a Joomla reputation on TF and open the door for other developers to start chiming in.

1028 posts
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says

I had a couple suggestions in trying to get your footer to look closer to the original PSD .

Currently you have your #footer_content div nested within your #content_container div. You are intending that footer to stretch 100% across the screen, however the div it’s nested within has a set with of 991px. So, that’s why the footer is looking messed up and showing different results in different browsers.

So, try ending #content_container before #footer_content starts.

Then, add some margin to the top of #footer_content in order for their to be a gap between the bottom of #content_container and #footer_content (like it shows in the PSD ).

That’‘ll leave you with squared corners around the bottom of #content_container. One quick (but sometimes frowned upon) way for you to get rounded corners would be to just add a div directly after #content_container that’s something like 991px x 10px with a background image that is a transparent PNG image of the bottom of the content area (from the PSD ).

Also, side note… you really should never have the width of your container set to an odd number, as you have 991px in this case. You’ll notice that when you set a div’s margin to auto in order for it to center on the page, different browsers will show your container 1px to the right or to the left. So, you’ll be sitting there, wondering why the hell is my website off by 1px in Firefox, but not IE???

Hope that helps just a little!

1028 posts
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
So say I’m selling a psd of a background on Graphicriver and was not offering an extended license on the item at the time and I happen to come across a WordPress theme being sold on here that is using my file for it’s background. Can that seller technically do that?

I’m not claiming to have all of the terms memorized…. but if a someone could use your background in the theme they’re selling on TF without having to purchase an extended license, what would be the point of having extended licenses at all? So, I’m pretty sure they cannot do that.

It’s all spelled out pretty clear here: http://themeforest.net/wiki/support/legal-terms/licensing-terms/

If you choose to not even offer the extended license on your background on graphic river (in this example), then people simply don’t have the option to purchase it and put it in a theme for resale.

1028 posts
+6 more
ThemeBlvd says
I notice the lack of response to this item.

It seems to me that authors on here seem to build their themes for sale on here but not necessarily for use in the outside world. Considering the number of themes sold, you would think that you would be running across all kinds of web sites with familiar looks to them if you know TF themes at all but I am not sure if this is the case. Trying to find out where TF themes have been actually used in the outside world usually runs into a big brick wall. Not sure why but authors don’t seem to want to publicize sites where their templates are being used. Oh well…

Al

p.s. to illustrate my point: does anybody know of any sites where templates by Kreisi are being used? this guy has sold lots but I have no idea where any of the themes have been put into use.
But you’re saying that as someone who hasn’t sold themes here. My customers love to show me how they’re using my themes on the net. A lot of the time they’ve changed so much you wouldn’t even recognize it. Considering how many sales Kreisi has it’s a given his themes are being used online. However, you have to remember there are millions, if not billions of websites on the net, the chances of you coming across a recognizable version of a TF layout, even one that’s sold in the thousands, isn’t that likely.

I totally agree. I’ve posted only one theme with just a few sales and in this process of people buying the theme, commenting on it, and asking for help, I’ve seen my template being used “in the real world”.

by
by
by
by
by
by