• Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
joiaco said
... For instance i have some GR textures that could go on 3DOcean? Or do you think people look in both marketplaces anyway if they are searching textures? Thanks…

The search results are marketplace specific, so the result will show only one item belonging to same marketplace. However there is a possibility to achieve what you intended. Just upload both the files in the 2 marketplaces on relevant categories. In both the file description, you can advertise the other marketplace item and use efficient keywords. The search result can sense the item description.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
bobocel said
bitfade said
bobocel said
I think there’s only one. Because they continuously innovate.
and what innovation did they introduce to replace flash ?
Innovation in the world of hand held devices.

Innovation is a possibility of everyone if compatibility sacrificed (do you think nokia engineers can’t make a prototype smatphone in the 2005 with basic web browsing?). Apple lacks compatibilty even from the base of business strategies and their only way is staying safer in the closed-incompatible system to practically make it possible to be ahead. It is fine to stay there (technology needs such few movements) but pointing other mature technologies as ‘inefficient’ shows they have problem. Just like every other aspects, you can place innovation and compatibility in both the ends of guassian curve and right balance meets the stability – usability in the middle.

Edit: I am more specific to Apple’s pattern of approach when they lack compatibility. They will just divert consumers by pointing competitors lacking something / low tech. After all it works for them!

oh, another such thread in the internet, sorry! :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
bobocel said
VF said
I think there are 2 reasons why Apple managed to succeed on killing Flash easily.
I think there’s only one. Because they continuously innovate.

If they really innovating, they never need a letter to explain why they do not support Flash. The innovation itself can speak for itself. Actually the points Apple mentioned about HTML5 is not about innovation but openness. But people forcefully made to misunderstand that HTML5 performs better than Flash. My iPad drains battery faster if I just navigate bunch of images. No wonder about Flash or HTML5 both are same or HTML5 still waiting to prove.

It is undoubtedly true that they are best in the hardware (to be precise, Design Engineering), but Apple never managed to innovate in software. How they patch this drawback (for decades) is by false marketing mechanisms similar to how they advertised PC-MAC ads (all of those are very subjective emotionally stimulating pseudo psychological facts). Finally everyone knows that they are never innovative in compatibility. Compatibility is an important criteria which helps reach technologies globally. Apple never qualified to attract the entire global culture but Microsoft did it first with compatibility (which shows the level of responsibilities). I am not a fan of MS but just pointing another criteria almost every Apple fan missing to see.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

I am not an addict while sleeping! :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
CodingJack said
I think it depends on the potential impact. If the older version isn’t selling consistently anymore, adding new features probably won’t do much because if it isn’t selling it likely isn’t showing up high in search (and no one will see the awesome new features). In this case a version 2 with a fresh start would be a good strategy. But on the flip side, if you have a consistently selling file, adding additional features to the same file would be a good investment.

+1, Don’t depend much on the file that doesn’t prove demand in the past and at the same time including new features to already proven file is the working strategy we can observe among many authors. This will make room for repeat buyers/purchases to use same file for various projects.

It depends on how well the author cooks features to a file or distributes set of features into multiple files; so it is also a kind of business skill/art.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ This is the problem when issues are solved by word of mouth instead of official guidance. The support ticket is still staying unattended, hope we will get answer/guidance from relevant staff either through support ticket or any formal way.

As requested by support staff in twitter, I sent DMCA take down notice on the ticket #173092 and still waiting.

May I say one thing? I invested huge time on making thumbnail, preview image, purchasing image asset licenses and writing description everything got copied and almost my identity and credibility (and of cource the original file) everything copied out into another author’s name. I was still friendly while communicating with that author but nothing helped resolve the issue.

Please Moderators, feel free to lock this thread in case breaching guidlines and I request relevant staff to take care this is issue in timely manner. I opened this thread just for guidance but things went different way.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
CodingJack said
I’m always proud when authors come together to get something accomplished like this :)

Great thing about this community is authors doesn’t see each other as competitors and instead tries to help, nice spirit! Thanks everyone!

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ Thanks for the details.

Just a suggestion in case it can be possible with future licensing system:

• Extended License that restricts inside marketplace usage (to avoid competing with original item) but allowing cross marketplace usage can easily avoid abusal and at the same time everyone can profit from that. Should be easy to implement as a home rule.
  • Or

• When an author Opts-In the Extended license, just show a message something like “This will allow the buyer to upload file by including this item in the same marketplace”
  • I see there is much demand for extended license from buyers but issues like this definitely forcing to Opt out. This is kind of closing door to the potential buyers instead of just closing door for file abuse.

6231 posts
    • Exclusive Author
    • Elite Author
    • Author Level 8
    • 7 Years of Membership
    +13 more
    VF
    says

I think there are 2 reasons why Apple managed to succeed on killing Flash easily. One is presently no much demand for rich content that Flash solely producing, so the mobile web users didn’t felt much difference without Flash (Apple had 3 years to observe comfortably this fact from when iPhone 1.0 released and finally they knew it is their time).

Second reason, the entire web developer (non-Flash) community is waiting for a way to get ride Flash.

Due to the 2nd reason, and the fact that Adobe’s future also in question (including Photoshop), we have more chances to live with painful technologies than Flash resurrection. We have a long history of how developers tortured by browser wars, browser domination and browser instabilities – so the web development’s comfort zone is towards pain. Flash helped to stay away from this in some parts but developers doesn’t need it :D.

It is very hard to predict what will be the changes after 3-4 years but easy to guess about next couple years. It will be very similar to today.

6231 posts
    • Exclusive Author
    • Elite Author
    • Author Level 8
    • 7 Years of Membership
    +13 more
    VF
    says
    Apply Here

Quoting from old thread. The certificate application link also available now.

by
    by
    by
    by
    by
    by