• Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+9 more
VF
says
CodingJack said
pezflash said
IMPORTANT NEWS !!: i’m putting my dirty hands on Jquery. And you know what? I’m enjoying it! :D
Pretty similar to AS2 , i’ve to say.

Yeah I had mixed emotions at first. On one hand it’s easy to pick up because it’s so similar to AS2 , on the other hand I miss the organization of AS3 . But overall jQuery is awesome to work with. Especially because the jQuery site docs are so great.

Good luck with your new adventure Jesús :)

+1, no one can miss to feel the ease of use of jQuery. They matured it a lot and personally I feel the easiness of jQuery contributed a lot on reduction of Flash implementations even before steve jobs opened his mouth. The truth is CSS3 and HTML5 are too much lagging and productivity moves just because of javascript frameworks. SJ managed to hide this though.

6197 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+9 more
VF
says

Nevermind, it just works now.

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says

Wow, I missed this for 4 months! Thanks Reaper!

Just a question for codecanyon authors; are you able to see the traffic and referral details of 17 and 18th November? I couldn’t see! :?

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says

Recently I checked one of my new item’s graph on Analytics page. It used to show traffic graph for 1st two days and shows nothing after that. This happens for only one item and I can see the graph for all my old items updating correctly. The recent file’s details are not updating after couple of readings.

May be codecanyon’s analytics just stopped, or not sure but all of my activeden file’s details shows reading upto 18th Nov. The analytics would be helpful especially for new files as it can point which way the promotion works effective.

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says
SplitV said
But but, it is a must that all authors follow this very vital information.

Yeah right but it could be harmful/diverting as a 1st step. Just the order of advice that makes worry, otherwise fine. There is a difference between staff / reviewer saying “look at the popular file and observe the quality/standards ” and a co-author saying “start by looking at popular files”.

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says
mrcharlesbrown said
1. Go to ‘POPULAR ITEMS ’ and take a good look at the best-selling items in Envato marketplaces. See its complexity, study it and come up with a more superior approach. It is also advisable for you to purchase the item because it will help you to see what the author did in order to achieve such professional artwork. Bear in mind that you MUST NOT in anyway violate Envato marketplace license by reselling or copyrighting the file in whole without purchasing the full license which is different from the regular license. See this page for more details: http://wiki.envato.com/support/legal-terms/licensing-terms/

What a tragedy! This is not an ethical advice (as a 1st step?), it is an underground hint to destroy reputation of those who originally managed to come-up with concepts that “sells”. Btw, who cares about the value of concepts, nowadays it seems okay to copy (save time) and invest time only on “making file look not copied”. I think the advice should be reverse in an ethical / professional world.

Instead of pointing controversial steps, 2 words could be enough to convey in a professional way:
“Observe demand”

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says
MSFX said
The reason Flash crashes so often is actually because a HUGE percentage of flash developers SUCK at developing :( If you use the debug player almost every site throws an error where there is some flash involved :(

This is (also) where Adobe failed. Being a 3rd party proprietary plugin, Adobe should have taken the responsibility of addressing developer’s (common) mistakes and improve the way it compiles. What it did with AS3 (from 2005) is just leaving everything under developer’s hand and throwing errors and nothing more than that. From that point of view, Flash started it’s downward graph even from 2005-06 (for hardcore designers).

I know the matured programmers will always insist as if some of the practices are just developers fault (Ex: Do best practices for garbage collection blah blah). Big No. If you look at any other Engineering or manufacturing environments with CURRENT technology/trends, you will always see the SYSTEM itself prepared foolproof so that the internal process of engine/tools never collapse due to human errors, this is the only way to reach productivity/efficiency. It sometimes needs a “closed system” by sacrificing little unwanted/unnecessary options but just to add stability. Apple does it and they succeeded in consumer’s appreciation even with lot of the doors “closed” in their devices. It is a big shame that Adobe never cared about how the developers works Vs Player’s architecture Vs Internet trends. I don’t say CSS /JS are better but being a dedicated player that just made for visual excellence (if it is true), Adobe should have given priority to make it easier to be handled by designers with stability on run-time. As a designer-developer, I would rather use JS/CSS and test it on 10+ browsers instead of cursing Adobe each time I press Ctrl+Enter.

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says
6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says
tsafi said
flashedge said
Yesterday I went into a bookstore near my town .
Shocking .

LOL :D

6197 posts
+9 more
VF
says

^ This is the way the civilizations running for centuries, a well known/recognized figure puts hand on something, people just starts believe truth “should” be that way. The evidences are not valid for emotionally weak generation and that’s why hardcore engineers are not leading big corporations; which are handled by those who themselves emotionally bonded, best example is SJ.

by
by
by
by
by
by