6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ Funny, still the link is live after 2 years!

\\

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ There is no use in barking at them. It is a matter of “service quality” than legal issue, I assume this is their quality of service to the authors we can expect. I will just send a DMCA and move on to preparing my new file. After all, we do earn money by investing time on design, coding, math etc and we can do better on this area instead of relying on their quality of service – it is upto them to improve themselves on internal policing.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Pixelworkshop, I have a pending support ticket and need to wait for the answer before making decisions. I opted out because otherwise some other competitors may start to do the same thing after seeing the file in question. May be gray become black only in my case! :D

From my experience until today, the Extended License was quite profitable and many buyers being fair with the file usage. Should wait and see what happens to my kitten!

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
I learnt my lesson in a hard way for missing to read threads like this: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/extended-license-question/50345

Gray areas are actually black. Now I love freelancing than making micro-stock.

Some moderation on marketplace new files (similar to dedicated forum moderators) could solve most of the gray issues (just the internal files and similarities like file name, description etc – not outside marketplace). The problem with these issues is once a bad habit allowed to exist for a reasonable time, it will just become a trend. Nowadays more number of authors trying to live in the margin of copyright grays rather than investing time on own creations.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Thanks sevenspark, I already reported to support.

I had good number of buyers purchasing extended licenses. But the dilemmas alarming to opt-out to avoid confusions. Btw, I am not even know if the re-producer purchased the Extended, it is frustrating to put time on investigations (within the marketplace) rather than making file! :(

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Is it allowed to purchase an Extended license and sell the file within Envato marketplaces. I have a jQuery slider in codecanyon and today someone uploaded the exact same file as wordpress plugin (With exact same thumbnail, description etc) Is this allowed?

If I already knew this is allowed, I would’t opted for Extended licence and now opted out from Extended.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

I found flashden 4 years back as a buyer while searching for 3D galleries for my clients.

Didn’t landed here due to one time visit but so many times whenever I search for 3D galleries. Those times I thought only 3D files are available here, especially due to RimV’s thumbnails and I thought his portfolio is the whole site and not even navigated into categories and other author files :P

I found the fox tail on logo so attractive and whenever I land here, I used to look at it for a while! :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
tsafi said
In a more odds matter i can say with js it doesn’t matter, cos the js run on the browser platform and i don’t need to tell you the different on each browser when you run code on js since there is really no unity in Optimizing JavaScript on each type of browser.

\\ I am getting dizzy, started dreaming about “one browser” world…

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Congrats!

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
JeffreyWay said
Criticizing IE6 is silly. It was the most advanced browser in the world when it came out.

I didn’t criticize IE6 but pointing the similarities of drawback/after effects (in fact I am one of those still testing every work on IE6 ). When IE6 was released it was better at that time but the problem is due to the same reason, they did’t care to convert their “own features” into W3’s ones in timely manner (like alpha filter not replaced with opacity style for 2 more IE versions). The same started happening with Safari on iPad. Once they start to dominate the industry, they are getting too much ignorant about standards.

Btw, today while playing with simple css3 transformations, safari on iPad (iPad2) easily managed to crash too often. There is no similar frequency of crashes I heard from heavy Flash games on jail broken iPads! :D

by
by
by
by
by
by