• Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says
pezflash said
VF said
“…We believe that customers are smart…”
So why block technologies as they were stupids?

That could be the simple and elegant solution! The same can sometimes taken granted with lazy solutions, a subjective matter :(

Most cases, Apple’s (or everything is just steves? ) output are really wonderful. But a slightly annoying thing observed on their process is trashing the competitors or even their clients even when their opponents are gentle; that becomes their strong but immoral weapon. That doesn’t shows all their movements are just pure engineering but playing with consumer’s psychology, sadly!

Hope the new CEO isn’t called ‘inefficient’ in case had transparent visions.

6128 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+8 more
VF says

Just upload your description images in Flickr guys! Life is that easy! :)

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

That’s now a jaw dripping goal for many of the authors! Much respect to the work done!

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says
LucidStudios said
Giving files away for free is definitely against the rules. I don’t know why nobody from support noticed this thread.

+1 the survey itself is cool and funny but giving away the file through comments area isn’t tolerable due to commercial nature of system.

Being a less sellable marketplace day by day, it is understandable that Envato staff can’t invest much time on these things, so it is now on the authors hand to keep ethics of business.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

Just saw this quote somewhere, epic:

“Look at the design of a lot of consumer products — they’re really complicated surfaces. We tried to make something much more holistic and simple. When you first start off trying to solve a problem, the first solutions you come up with are very complex, and most people stop there. But if you keep going, and live with the problem and peel more layers of the onion off, you can often times arrive at some very elegant and simple solutions. Most people just don’t put in the time or energy to get there. We believe that customers are smart, and want objects which are well thought through.”

- Steve Jobs

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says
[...] i think it took Adobe far too long to realize the value of their army of two million developers, and they’re scrambling to do right by that group as companies like Unity Technologies threaten to eat their lunch. After the incredible let-down of Adobe’s half-assed lip-service to 3D in Flash (no built-in depth management? Seriously?). the push for Molehill in the wake of Unity’s popularity is not coincidental. [...]
[...] As a developer, with so many platforms and languages and development tools out there, I want to ally with a company that has my back – a company that cares that i’m using their tool, responds to the needs of the community [...]

Adobe has too many unnecessary layers between their engineers and developers. Looking at the way 3D features presented in player 10, I still doubt if they really managed to comeup with efficient, practically usable platform in the next version. Personally so far all I hear about v11 is player’s speed / capabilities but still the productivity of tool now comes important.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

\\

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says
tsafi said
The SJ movement i see it very similar to the The Children of Hameln story and we know how that end .

I think the same actually happened, done by Adobe to Flash developers. Instead of focusing the industry specific approach on product release cycle, they tried to align the release dates of all the software products (web / print / post production bla bla) to cover packages and Flash player didn’t get serious intermediate upgrades until Apple poked them severely. Monopoly status could be the reason behind such careless approach.

Personally I feel Flash could be handled differently by adobe with frequent (smooth) upgrades on player as well as IDE to match web trends. But they did it like how they did for Photoshop in the ancient times.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ At the same time I hate Adobe after Flash 8, so I wouldn’t fight for it. Should agree that Adobe was lazy in the period 2006-09 (bundled software concept such as “Master Collection” #^$% ). From development point of view, personally I see AS3 as difficulty added to mankind designer kind :D

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says
Tean said
Why dont you open these threads on all marketplaces? :D

Due to SJ’s death, people outside Flash community may not tolerate something crossing Apple’s ego.

BTW , I am a fan of iMac (for its hardware engineering part) but not definitely a fan of Apple due to their horrible / irresponsible / fake moves with software and marketing.

by
by
by
by
by
by