6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says
venataur said
...but note that the urls must have a secure connection by October 1st…

:?

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

The first thought comes to my mind is: What message the auto responder conveys? Make sure it doesn’t stirs buyer chemicals :P

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

Both are Featured in a same week, great work guys! :)

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ Just wondering are you a full time Flasher? Also would like to know how many of us are doing only Flash works :)

My personal case is a tragedy, after 4-5 years, the enjoyment of ‘only Flash works’ came to an end. :P

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
Pixelcloth said
Yeah, that would be the next step, but i wanted to hear how you guys do it, what exactly do you need to do this, do you ask for some legal invoice for envato?

I faced a problem, not regarding tax but while withdrawing money to my local bank. Bank staff wanted documents that clarifies purpose of transaction etc and otherwise they won’t proceed transaction. So far we don’t have anything except our statement page (which can’t be accepted as valid document). Luckily the problem solved without documents when the Swift transfer made with more details about purpose.

For Income tax, in my country I had no problems for filing without invoices. My accountant advised that in case of enquiries from tax dept, we can show a paper for foreign remittances (called FIRC ) which can be obtained from bank and it contains details about sender, purpose etc. I hope something similar should be available in your country too.

However not having an invoice or something similar doesn’t seems a best way. I too would like to know how the other authors managing this part.

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ No doubt about Flash’s capabilities vs html5 but the question is how much the rich content/experience needed for web as of now. Steve jobs made false messages, however success didn’t came from that and it happened because of the fact that rich content isn’t at its best demand as of now. Recent past years were the time of instant messaging and social sharing which doesn’t need Flash for users. Should wait and see when the demand inclines towards rich experience on mobile web.

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

Before I start making files, I was a buyer here without any intention of making files. Those times, I found it was easier if the author had some form of uniformity in the avatar and item thumbnails. Doesn’t necessary to be attractive but elements that helps identify are fair enough.

From sales point of view, I don’t think avatar affects much but item thumbnails. We can see some authors having funny / risky avatars with decent sales numbers!

\\ LOL :D

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

Who cares :|

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
cyzer said
I think that Logo has to be unique and One-time-buy.

There are no other choices.

If Envato will make it as a repeatedly bought item, then all those who purchased it will be upset, they will not come here again for unique work, because all the logos are actualy being copied from one logo (multiple copies of same logos are sold… it’s same).

Actions between logo buyer and logo authors:

Buyer will come here, be happy with solid look, good style and nice logos and then think: “Oh … this logo is purchased unlimitedly by many buyers.. can I get unique and exceptional one?”

Then forums will be stuffed with repeated threads: “Why the logos are being sold many times?? Logo has to be unique! It’s just against simple and common rules.. wait.. ok ok, you surely guys have a section of unique one-time-buy logos… don’t you??”

We: “Ummm… no we don’t. But hey! Look.. our logo costs only 20-40 bucks! It’s amazing innit?”

Buyer: “Yeah.. and because of such huge traffic and low prices those logos are everywhere! it’s like snow in alaska! it’s so cheap! it’s so white everywhere! and it’s all around us!”

We: “Ok enough talking mate.. so are you buying this logo for 15$? It’s very popular, it has been bought 54 times this week..”

Buyer: (he is not here anymore)

Life is much complex than we guess. Have to wait to see what actually happens! :P

Good luck to the competition!

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
RafaelOliveira said
I agree with ranfirefly, renaming the category to “shapes” or “branding assest” would be more appropriate.

That is much understandable.

Still I think the category may be helpful only for designers to copy the idea rather than purchasing. The more unique/idea rich/fresh the design, more chances to get copied which is sensitive / harmful for those ‘who purchases’ because of branding nature.

I really wonder how Envato will manage in the scenarios like this: Someone purchases a logo and uses it without much editing. Sees that the file having only one sale. Now the buyer sees the same concept / design used by another company (as there is no protection for ideas and anything can be copied just by seeing). How this will end? with silence? More trouble for author. Not sure if all the logo buyers can understand the nature of stock.

Anyway if we assume it will be just a category of different shapes and authors wouldn’t spend much efforts on ideas then everything is fine! The best part of this category freelancing opportunitis coming from is serious buyers (with real need of branding).

by
by
by
by
by
by