Posts by VF

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ I used to inform cost in ranges, something like between $100-200, $500-1000 etc when the scope isn’t clear. Sometimes it happens that we have to complete project with unfair budget just to avoid altering the price too many times! :P

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
MSFX said
uh, this is over 2 years old? lol

haha!

There is one use with apng for web. Smooth edge Preloader loops! (with file size compromise)

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
3alisha said
Haha !

This is still okay, lol.

Here is a sample of one of my clients: (Conversation via Skype)
The End

Sounds like there are too many ‘layers’ (agents) between your client and the real customer. “none of ur business” sounds the client doesn’t knows what is CR, CS. Probably simultaneously chatting with another agent and doesn’t interested to pass your question to them before deal started ;) Escape!

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

Calm down, if you implement flash with full screen dimension, wmode transparent and move half a dozen balloon graphics, the performance will be almost similar to the present one. Safe to say that Flash can be excellent than html5 when it comes to filters, bitmap data and 3d content. Otherwise, things look almost similar with slight compromise on smoothness.

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
Siddharth said
Where is the CodeCanyon eagle in the landing page? And the poor GR fishie? What is this new blasphemy?
All the creatures are staying cool in the envato notes: http://notes.envato.com/authors/70commission/

Happy birthday to all the animals, wait… actually it is birthday of fox! :D

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
ParkerAndKent said
Who cares about performances, flash better than html, flash better than js, js is crap, wordpress themes are all the same…

There is a market with a specific demand in this web moment… I only care about making money to live, this is my job. Do what people want, all the other thinking is just a waste of time.

My sad 2c :)

I think this is the time to add +1 for this post! :D

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
tsafi said
CodingJack said
ho ..you change your name … i didn’t see that
Nice change!
6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
pezflash said
...you can learn other language in a minute and adapt youself to the industry future. But what about me, a poor and small fishy designer… I ‘m needing to change 60% my business model!! ...

I feel the opposite if it is about AS3 – javascript as I don’t have programming background. When it comes to learning, my personal experience says JavaScript is more easy with the support of jquery than AS3 (Of course JS-CSS lacks many visual capabilities but covers the day-to-day needs of web). Even feeling I should just switched to js earlier instead of spending time with AS3 and my worst investment of time was FP10 .0 native 2.5D. I don’t think adobe will release v11.0 with reasonable usability. The more they expand, it gets too much unproductive and player gets fragile which doesn’t happens that much on other platforms.

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ I can understand how much AS improved but if we look at how actually the learning curves impact on the web design work environments, we can see there is a problem with significantly big jumps like AS2 -AS3. Important to note that Flash wasn’t that much big community to withstand lose of designers from the platform.

Anyway, keeping this thread alive is not good at all, sorry!

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says
RimV said
@VF AS3 is not a fault, it’s an evolution of the platform. We can argue all days about this. I hate AS2 as much as I hate JS seriously.

Not a fault but lacks balance between performance-usability. Adobe didn’t carried what was kept balanced until Flash 8. As a business, it was a huge risk Adobe taken with AS3 without having alternatives to convince non-hardcore flashers. Even at the time of AS2 , I remember there was good demand for applications like “swish” to help those doesn’t have much coding skills to edit Flash files. But After introduction of AS3 , we know how interests got reduced.

by
by
by
by
by
by