• Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF
says

I would like to add one more point:

Don’t believe that just because you use AS3 , no one is using AS2 . You are missing the obvious, nowadays due to difficulty of AS3 , web designers just stops learning Flash itself. So obviously you will notice only AS3 developers as majority. If you can count the overall Flash users and find how many AS2 developers dropped Flash, then… :D

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

^ what I mean about soul is… for example, you can paint a “concept” using brush. Not after assembling 234 squirrel hairs each time you start painting. An engineer may prefer to assemble his/her brush with own hands before start working but not a designer.

If you couldn’t connect above example with AS2 -AS3 relation, I think you never “tasted” AS2 in a right way.

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

Just my observation/openion:

Before AS3 : Flash is exciting tool for designers to show interest on coding. In general the tool had human intelligence.
After AS3 : Flash is no longer a Designer Tool. Good designers are jobless with Flash. But without designer’s hand, Flash has no reason to exist. Tool doesn’t have soul and I call it “Fool”.

AS4 : why? Adobe thinks they are profiting by adding numbers after CS. Not by improving the Flash Player or AS. May be if another smart device company blocks Flash, we may see miracle of improvements happening to AS to convince developers. But that will be their last and most unwanted effort.

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

121) Complete atleast 1 file within estimated time, regardless of it sells or not :(

For each file, after started working, atleast 2-3 unexpected problems arises either as math-algorithm based or with technical limitations. Honestly at the moment my only goal is doing 1 file with right flow without fighting! Past experiences fails to help most cases! :(

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

Just of curiosity, I tried less than 1 min to use single eye lol, and the thing is it feels more tired for that open eye than two eyes open :)
If you try keep one eye closed that will be tiring… that’s why you must use an eye patch.. as per my instructions ;)
No, I meant the open eye feels more tired. Maybe it’s just me :)

I tried and just within 30 sec, I felt strain on the eye which is open! It can injure brain activity, I afraid losing coding skills with single eye! :D

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

Back to the topic.

+1 for removing unwanted files with authors own decision. That will help making the author’s portfolio more valuable and useful.

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

@pezflash: maybe staff could make you a reviewer in a day to have a taste of what we are doing. You guys keep complaining quality is no good enough and I already discussed about this to dead so I won’t comment any further. I just don’t see any file currently in the home page is useless and aiming this to anyone is a bit disrespectful.
Hi RimV. It’s true. Sorry about that regarding my comment. But i remember days when a file was rejected (even soft rejected) just to reach a higher level not only in fucntionality but design and overall visual design. I meant i miss those days. Anyway, as i said, i’m agree with you.

Both RimV and pez has right points. Considering the current position of Flash, right now we can’t blame the approval process. Instead of that, think about pulling new authors. Personally I think experienced authors are day by day start repeating their old files rather than new attempts. We can expect better things with new authors. That’s the only way to make the marketplace to look like “useful”.

I mean the problem is not just with design or coding quality but with authors repeating same files unnecessarily just to keep the flow of sales or some unbelievable reasons. :D

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

I just removed the domain name checkup and updated the file and it is working fine. So in my case the problem is not with preview system.

But found another author’s file preview which simply doesn’t shows images but probably loads xml. Looking at the preview page source, the preview url and base url are not the same. For example:

preview_url: "http://2.s3.envato.com/files/****/preview.swf",
base: "http://1.s3.envato.com/files/****/" 

Note the difference of “2.s3” and “1.s3”.

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

There is a solution which reduces eye strain by 100% but… :D

6196 posts
+8 more
VF
says

Don’t sit in-front of computer when you are planning. Sit only when you are about to use keyboard, mouse or need to read something from monitor. This way, eyes will look monitor only for least possible time.

If you have a most comfortable chair, you can’t do the above! :D

If you have a window near your chair and able to see long distance/details to focus, then it can help.

by
by
by
by
by
by