Slightly offtopic, here are some surprising coincidences:

6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

^ Yes, the forum has reasonable usability as of now. If developers have to do work, it is on the item comments page. Some of the basic stuff are missing in the item comments page:

1. Search (we have in forum)
2. Permalink (we have in forum)
3. Reply with quote (we have in forum)

Additionally if they can add some enhancements such as code Syntax Highlighter, that could be awesome!

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

hmmm… has this file been deleted? It takes me to a page not found.

The file might be deleted and this thread is 2 years old!

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

mouseEnabled , this is what I’m looking for ,it very useful property , never use it before lol :D

Did you made those flip books without using mouseEnabled? it is an achievement! :P

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

although I am not a big fan of AS2 anymore from the explicit reason, but that’s was the first mistake that was done here pushing out all the AS2 developer from here, top AS2 dev` submission ` like Ran,PK,Paz DS atc just fade away from here, no logic ……
That happened at a time when Flash was at his best days. They tried to impose better actionscript version for the sake of .. a better web/standards/for inovation. something like that. For a good cause, anyway.
The destiny made it a mistake. boh.

Few facts not to be forgot:

1. There was no so called “best days”. There was better sales than now but those days also had risks. If you go through all the top authors (especially Damojo and a few), the initial results are not so much successful and they profited later only with their own niche on files.

2. AS2 authors didn’t actually got discouraged to exist. What happened is AS3 files got featured :D (ofcourse AS2 guys always got poked / abused in the forums but that can’t be a valid reason). Everyone has different reasons for not continuing here. For example, I guess P&K may be considered to stay here if 2-3 of their files priced correctly and those files faced deserved success before other authors start copying design to add damage. I don’t know but that is what I always guess.

3. See the repeating style of designs in the marketplace. We really need new authors who uploads files from their hard discs (means expose the creativity from client works) / not just a replica of top selling stock file. Regular authors are prone to repeat one design for a dozen times.

Whatever may be the case, we clearly know that Flash has some solid areas ( !siteTemplates ) to serve in the web. I think if we are able to hit only those areas, chances are there to maintain profits.

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ haha it is true as long as we imagine things as example scenario. When implementing to the projects, the amount of hierarchical cross connection makes things too complicated due to lack of 1 or 2 properties. For example, if the siblings are different swf files, we are lost! :D I am facing this on one of my old item right now. I think that’s why most of the AS3 files are good at performance but pain on ease / consistency of interaction. We can’t always blame the developers – we have time constraints!

Regarding the text field – mouseChildren, I thought there is no problem for them to give access to it’s 2 known children, ie the bounding box and text itself. That one thing will just reproduce same easiness we see in AS2

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

I remember encountering this problem too and looking for a solution… I think I never found one.

Yes, looks like no straightforward ways. We don’t have following 2 things which causes this simple task impossible.

1. Two overlapped siblings simultaneously can’t sense same mouse event
2. For Text Field, the mouseEnabled property always applies to the text field’s bounding box as well as text content. No separate properties or no mouseChildren property for Text field.

Another thing that doesn’t related to this issue is logically the mouseEnabled property should be ‘false’ by default. Couldn’t understand why it should be enabled even without having events added. I doubt they will ever change these things even after 5-6 years from now. Well known pains!

One extreme solution would be to set textfield mouse-disabled, ‘extract’ the bounding box of the text(s) containing the link (optionally in some off-stage texfield clone) and generating a 0% alpha rectangle with the link-click function on top of it

That is a possibility, I thought the same but afraid to sacrifice the link and hover styles! :?

by
by
by
by
by
by