Posts by VF

6128 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says
It’s about relevance. It’s not about tweeting every single time your company offers 10 percent off on a thingamabob. It’s about finding out where your customers actually are, and going after them there. If you’re tweeting all your discounts, and none of your customers are on Twitter, then you sir, are an idiot. Marketing involves knowing your audience, and tailoring your promotions in specific bursts to the correct segments.

“Social media experts” don’t know this. They’ll build you a fan page, and when all that work doesn’t convert into new sales, they’ll simply say, “Well, we’ll just post more.”

Epic! Most of the junk stuff occupies internet with this “few more” idea.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

Can i say: “i don’t mind”? :P

you said! :D

You deserve a badge “Still doing amazing stuff with AS2 ”

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

Great!

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ Screenshot says chrome on windows. I tried with chrome 10.0.648.205 on win xp and no error.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

Edit: Withdrawn comment.

Fun fact:
FB templates are no longer new category. Please do a revision. 1 hour of research through around 10 FB templates will guide how to fix pricing. Don’t allow a trend of 10+ modules with fail on author’s invested time (I guess it is hard to cross 60-80 sales with a dozen module FB file). I convey these things to save every authors time, not for my sales. I decided never to touch FB category again, so please no twisted thoughts about my suggestions.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ Wow, Nice!

Note that in the popular files page, the item title and sales number are overlapping.

The number of ratings detail is fine on the listings but for weekly popular files page, is that needed? For example it says “19 Sales, 445 ratings” which can be hard to understand for some buyers.
Ouch! That’s nasty! We’re on it :-D

Still now the bug isn’t fixed.

Lesson Learnt:
Don’t do major updates towards weekends/holidays.

But it is boring to learn same lesson too many times! :P

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ That’s not something mystery. Whatever may be the new category, it shouldn’t affect the already existing one’s sales / pricing. I aware this from the date exactly when the file approved and 1st 2-3 weeks of sales touched 30+

Anyway I decided to drop FB completly from my to do list as still not sure exactly why FB templates making sales. As of now 1 module template will look funny for buyers for the price of $15 and less than $15 doesn’t going to return what invested on support.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

Just wanted to point again. Please consider if all the Facebook items are really intended to use as Facebook profile enhancement rather than a replacement for full website template with low cost.

Personally as a designer with web / social media interest, I am sure no one going to show a full website inside a facebook Tab (you know how deep it located for an ordinary user). So I doubt if all the buyers purchases FB templates for our intended reason or just to get a discounted website / bundle.

Actually I planned for a 2 module – stunning experience FB Template (in fact it is almost single module as I believe reducing the module to single will give strong buyer attraction even with >$15) but looking at competition here with module packs, lost hope or atleast postponed until I see the pack trend stops itself due to tiredness of low sales :D

Anyway, things are already out of hand I guess. No use of pricing revision at this stage as already a trend set even for pricing. Also we can no longer see ~3 module FB templates unless pricing revised. But the fact is overall sales of FB templates will start down if no authors making unique few module templates. Vicious circle, no one benifits.

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

haha, I thought another lazy update by FB developers, thank God it is not!

By the way from looking at number of struggling buyers on implementing IFrame tabs, I decided not to go for another FB template. What a dumb idea it is to show a complex content within 520px wide while a single link to full website can show everything comfortably! :D

6128 posts
+8 more
VF says

+1

by
by
by
by