• Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
lifwanian said
5 pages, and only 5 people told how much they make :D

I think this community was much better in the past. Amazed to see no serious intentions to share info. May be most of the members spending time with forum are financially not making much and those making better money are just busy with files.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
codempire said
VF said
^ Is there any way to test web pages on mobile devices without purchasing devices? :D
Flash Builder

It was more of a joke, I was talking about simulation of performance (not only software but hardware :P ) and features of individual devices from various brands. Practically we can’t say ‘tested’ without trying atleast once with native device.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
CadenGrant said
I’ve averaged $8,126/month the past 3 months.

Wow, you do it just with 3 items, Great!

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Someone lock this thread please…

TylerQuinn, the topic is to help the community but if I am you, I would first get permission from Envato staff to discuss about such topic and make sure it is officially approved. Subject is more harmful than similar threads removed in the past.

Also looks like more of an advertisement campaign to get paid services from authors. More harmful than original problem, as it can end up competition between those service providers and lead to… what crackerjack mentioned.

Envato, please consider educating the community moderators to monitor the subject. For example, look what is the response from this mod on such a bad trend setting thread. I am sure the mod is no longer concious about he/she is moderator of the forum:

http://activeden.net/forums/thread/managed-item-protection-from-pirates/46404?page=2#430172
6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ I mentioned that as we (almost everyone on the forum) are insiders (web designer/developer) and not just being internet users. It would be unreasonable if conveyed to a non-developer.

Secondly, the solution is more related to how much time the developers can spend with the page design. In most cases we know designers/developer themselves will tend to make the design more relevant, unique but the problem is with time available to do such things. So it is not about unawareness of developers on repeating stuff but practical constraints / benefits which convinces them to follow the so called trends and standards to stay safer side with less time spent. That is understandable.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

^ It is not just Envato but seems like a trend, every other marketplace I checked are not emphasizing much about that on item page. So lets be not a trouble for all of them! :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

The unavoidable problem is simulating touch events on a normal monitor :P (or a device other than native)

Looks like individual developers can’t grow much on mobile industry…

Too many brands and upgrades to consider! I don’t think developers/businesses will invest time on Flash with such a difficult condition, more chances to stop with html. Don’t curse me but what Apple did seems to be right… more trouble to those devices that shows Flash as chances are too low for mobile optimized Flash content even after couple of years :O

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says
tsafi said
It’s time for Adobe to add a good flash Mobil software with good simulation testing base on brands…

Hope Adobe will do it on CS6 , waiting for that. I never checked but is there something like that available with CS5 .5 ?

by
by
by
by
by
by