6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Few months back I’ve made a custom tooltip+script for one of my buyers for a freaking $15 (as a favor-like symbolic price) and never heard back from him once he received the files. Lesson learned, even if it’s $15, don’t be foolish and ask for the $7.50 upfront via paypal :x

haha, there are few other issues you may face for small jobs, for example with $15 paid, the buyer can disturb your $150 worth of time! This can happen with forced payments! :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

...I actually worked at a company once where their biggest client (won’t name names, but it was one of the biggest chemical companies in the world, making tens of billions a year) had an actual internal policy that they were never to pay a bill or balance unless legal action was started or else the service was cut off and they still needed it. Amazing but true.

I was normal before reading this, life is good as long as we don’t know certain things exist :shocked: :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Very nice guys :-) [BUG] Looks like the profile contact form is missing on VH profile pages. I thought that particular author I’m trying to contact opted out, but looks like it’s missing from all profiles on VH (Maybe other marketplaces as well, but looks fine on AD)

And I am able to send message to myself, not sure if it worked this way in the past :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Psh, I don’t care what kind of lesson is being learned, $250 is still money.

Lets think about what is possible. Some times, the money lost is less valuable and the new decisions taken on time from the experience can be more valuable. I know it is not easy to accept :)

To be clear, it is better to avoid 20 clients to escape from 10 known troubles.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

...He also has a website where he claims that he’s a freelance web designer. I have no contract, because it was only a small project (about $250).

Forget about your money and it is time for you to decide for which kind of clients you should work. Usually the individual web designers can’t be trusted, atleast from my experience always better if your client has a team, minimum 2 members (you reduce 50% of risk of mind-change after project completion). Also I think losing $250 is fine to learn a lesson, in the freelance world it is perfectly alright :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Your design is very close to a valuable file! Just a few risky design elements keeping its usability a bit hard to understand. For example:

1. The vertical playback scrubber could be difficult to understand for some users. I thought it is a preloader progress bar, and then volume control before realizing it is play-head control. So I would suggest to keep it horizontal and easily recognizable as play-head control.

2. In the left side thumbnail scroller, if you rollover the 1st image, sometimes the description text partially hidden above the canvas. If you can make it so that it doesn’t goes beyond the top origin, that could be nice.

3. If the thumbnail has a strong and slick rollover effect, that would make it more attractive. Invest some time there as design wise, it is the heart of your file.

4. Having 2-3 design variations (in the preview) could be convincing for different buyers with different tastes. For example, some buyers may feel something missing in the thumbnail as it doesn’t have a clear-cut separator (border) between images. Some may feel it is fine as of now. So think about that also.

Nice to see a different variety in the FB theme and I wish you good sales! :)

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

So nice, easy to navigate now!

Is the popular items link for sub categories under construction? For Activeden it doesn’t shows.

Some populars links are not working. Also 3 months popular section is missing.

The 3 Months top seller list shows but only on Community>Popular Files link.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

The spammer is so active, I have 3 comments in a row flagged. Should we contact directly famalebads.com to stop spamming? LOL :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

No time for war now, we need peace :-)

Was just joking! :)

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

betaperseiAdobe, :D LOL

what is your problem if the word Flash exists atleast in the facebook profile! ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by