6205 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+9 more
VF
says

I guess if a buyer purchases a file twice, it will be considered as single for popular files count. I remember reading such info in the bottom of popular page in the past.
Why would a buyer purchase a file twice? lol

That is normal. If they need to implement a file on 2 different projects, they need to buy 2 licenses.

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

I guess if a buyer purchases a file twice, it will be considered as single for popular files count. I remember reading such info in the bottom of popular page in the past.

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

Currently it shows “Week Ending 01 May”. So that means already updated last sunday :)

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

@doru: why do you have to pay up to 1k euro for Flash pro ? Don’t you have any previous version because the upgrading cost is much less then that. I’m not willing to spend money for buying new software either but paying 200$ after 2 years is not the end of the world to me !

Price is not important for already established individuals / businesses but for new users (web based) with present image of Adobe and Flash not a good business strategy. And they proven that going to charge for minor upgrades. Anyway, I am seeing a titanic started sinking and what we can do is just watching! :D

I wouldn’t be surprised if Apple releases a competitive photo editing software with windows support. They know the business, marketing and technology and their timing of releases are so good. Adobe doesn’t looks like having in-depth industry vision. Their only plus point is they are established in few industries but proven that they can be easily shaken.

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

So you know what? I have enough of them and they’re 3D scam bait in making me buy a new software. Still remember when they implemented the “2 and a half D” and I lose like three days debugging my application that used stage perspective, only to find out that there was a bug right there from the beginning in they’re implementation of the 3d joke that was passed as revolutionary.

That is Adobe. Looks like not majority of the Flash devs know about how bad the 2.5 stuff implemented (they add everything cool but not in an usable way). From looking at Adobe’s engineering works on CS4 and 5, I am sure they are going to mess with things in the future too.

Surely they will be clean on decision making if they have competition for each of their products. That is learning from competitors! :D

I don’t know about other countries but here, govt staffs are the sloppiest workers. I feel Adobe works just like how a govt dept works! Adopting too much of depts unnecessarily (video, print, web, mobile) so that they fail on few of them and with low awareness. No wonder they have to fix a price for 5.5 series (they collect money for what they failed to add with CS5 ). May be to grow bad relationship with developers too finally. That is the last thing they need to do for total fail.

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

Cute! It is not scared, playful!

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

Goal: Make 6 to 10 files in the coming 3-4 months
Expectation: 200-300 sales in 3 Months from each file (or atleast from 3-4 of them)
Reason: To survive :P

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

It is a tough task to educate individual authors how NOT to reply to a support question. Example:
Q: How to change the button color

1. Answer that fits for stock marketplace: Go to the xml file and set hexadecimal color value for buttonColor attribute.

2. Answer that doesn’t fits for stock marketplace: I can do this for $10 and even change the entire skin color for just $15.

Of course the followup conversation to answer 1 above is this:

Q: What’s an XML file, and how do I access it to make the change? And what is a hexadecimal color?

1. Answer Just log in to your FTP server, download the XML file, find a colorpicker online to get the hex value for the color you want, change it, then upload it….or, I can change the XML for you for $10.

Well, honestly I didn’t face such question (Ex: What is XML file, What is hex color) so far from 7000+ sales of XML based Flash files. May be the reason could be we are not facing same kind of buyers due to difference in marketplace. That’s why I mentioned this fact first in the same post.

Secondly the sample Question/Answer I posted was to show that we have no control over each author’s approach on buyer request. If 1 out of 10 author abuses the buyer’s simple needs (means asking a question that deserves simple FAQ ) I don’t think Envato’s support team can sleep and buyer’s view about the marketplace may start differing.

Edit: And looking at author activity of fillerspace, I can see why he/she had to respond my post! :P

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

Not sure about other countries but I feel in my location, the grand celebrations causing huge damage to environment. Too much of waste created on single event while demanding much resource from earth.

Also man power wasted for unnecessary things such as dedicating a person to carry someone’s dress! :P

I guess at least after few decades, the words such as king, royal will get different meaning. Disturbing words! How they call if divorced, Royal? :D

Sorry as an outsider, I can see from these point of views only :D

6205 posts
+9 more
VF
says

In case such system adopted, hope it will be considered thoroughly for each marketplace. May be it will work well for few marketplaces and other few may face negative results due to project nature, buyer psychology and author’s approach.

As ActiveDen author, personally I see not all the authors making products in such a way to cover wide range of projects; which causes less respect towards our files. In such scenario, we should be careful to avoid the system being abused by non serious authors that just stays here for freelancing and not from microstock earnings.

Just wanted to share the point that the files may differ in quality (especially the edit-ability criteria) after the paid support introduced. Actually we can expect new authors rushing here with unfit mindset about stock files. Should be careful not to lose buyer’s confidence that files are prepared for reasonable level of usability / implementation help.

It is a tough task to educate individual authors how NOT to reply to a support question. Example:
Q: How to change the button color

1. Answer that fits for stock marketplace: Go to the xml file and set hexadecimal color value for buttonColor attribute.

2. Answer that doesn’t fits for stock marketplace: I can do this for $10 and even change the entire skin color for just $15.

by
by
by
by
by
by