Posts by VF

6142 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Have you guys used flash while it was owned by macromedia? I remember the first flash I used was macromedia flash 4 trial. Maybe 5? I saw it on tv. It was all about gradients back then. Black to red circular buttons everywhere. And we were amazed by the vector capabilities. I still find it easier to draw a vector logo on flash than in illustrator. You can just grab the line, not the handle few pixels points.

When it was with Macromedia’s hands, they took the responsibility of guiding how well the rich designs and programming math can be utilized (remember sample files released along with MX). They inspired many designers to start programming and programmers to start design. Adobe proven they are nothing more than dry marketers, no engineering, no sense of art but still they managed to name their bundles “creative”. Regarding education / technical resources, Adobe solely depends on non profit community movements. Cut the cost! :D

Btw, I always draw on Flash. No doubt it is the easiest tool to draw. None of the Adobes own products comes close to it.

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

I was just joking the fact that visual appeal expectations varies according to the category! :)

Back to the topic, I guess more interesting animations could be convincing even as simple game. To give you an idea, here is an example portfolio which deals with simple concepts yet stunning design and animations makes them so valuable, most cases successful:

http://activeden.net/user/Kontramax/portfolio

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

According to my Pronunciation! :P

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

Did you tried the movie explorer panel?
Yes, but how would that help?

If you know the missing font name (note them from the alert while opening the file), then you can sort the movie explorer search result using that font name. Atleast this will show the list of all the symbols that contains this font / text fields. This way you can navigate the parent movieclips in single click.

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

Did you tried the movie explorer panel?

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

A kind request to anyone who starts threads about Flash. Why the thread titles should be something negative / alarming about it? You know most of the visitors will just read the title not the conversation. Adding more and more negativity towards Flash for no reason especially on a commercial place.

I know this is just a forum but still the forum is one click away from each item page’s purchase button :( Hope you guys can understand what I mean.

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

Rimmon, I always talk for the envato contest, not in general…
P&K, do you really think anyone here looks from the stock file point of view? Sadly all the debates / energies are diverted only towards general topics on Flash not specific to the stock files. Authors speaks here as freelancers / Flash developers; not as stock flash file makers. If you take few threads for example, you will be surprised that how much misunderstanding among them just because of point of view issue. In fact no one will understand you, if you convey something related only to stock files :D
6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

Try making the same file in Unity 3D. ;)

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

Being an author that doesn’t upload too frequently, I do read the upload instructions thoroughly before uploading files to make sure I am still familiar with the rules/ guidlines. I think the same happens for each new author, so no doubt upload instructions plays some role on quality of files.

There is one additional guidance which also added in the upload instructions which is not related to quality and somewhat not helpful for potential new authors here. Or even it has a chance of making them to stop their entry into the marketplace. The first point on upload instructions contains a guide that says:
Files we do and don’t need and the list has following 4 categories on top of everything:

Need:
1. Unity 3d Files
2. Music templates
3. Flex files
4. Games

(All those are proven low sales categories if we compare obvious Flash categories)

Actually if a fresh new author (who is experienced well with Flash but not on microstock) sees something like this, chances are there for 2 of the unwanted things to happen:

1. Believing they are not fit for the marketplace as the “obvious” files are already filled the marketplace with lucky old authors and turn back to their usual work instead of trying with “easy” first file to test the water.

2. Fine, if they are ready to try the listed categories, that is actually a difficult task (to learn something new and unusual for a regular Flash designer/ dev) and moreover if they are able to upload files on those 4 categories, they will just end with comparatively low sales than “obvious” files. Another “shake” for their existence.

I understand those guidelines are there to motivate unique files and keep the value of library improving. But if we watch what actually happens, all the authors who exists here long time are making only “obvious” files with slight innovation for a reason. Actually everyone knows the unwritten rule that a top author should have atleast 3-4 files looking almost same. So this guidelines are not working on them that much and finally the expectation goes to new authors.

From a new author’s point of view, if they are able to see an “obvious” file uploaded by old author selling a lot while the new comer’s “obvious” first file got rejected that means we are actually closing the door for new ideas and possible new style from the marketplace.

So I would like to suggest keeping the “Files we do need / don’t need” as somewhere middle of the upload instruction, not as something 1st priority.

My personal experience:
Actually my 1st file was just a Rotating Globe made as timeline animation. I may not be here as an author if I saw that kind of file listed under “Files we don’t need”.

6142 posts
+8 more
VF says

Envato – According to Webdings

LOL :D

by
by
by