6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

I wish to show some sneak previews but the problem is I may end up with different design before completing file! :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

May be many of you noticed a particular spam repeatedly posted on most of the new item comments. Looks like the spammer doesn’t hesitates to open new account and makes it again and again. The result is some of the item comments looks weird as continuously atleast one comment shows “flagged as inappropriate”.

Isn’t there any way to avoid this? Something like not allowing to open new account from a marked IP address etc?

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

11) Comment on this thread

Edit: Achieved! :P

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Thanks pez for the info.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

website templates are like cars for people. people being the content. if you want people created too, to have something in the car.. then this beats me. :)

I overreact, sure.. but i still find an awkward idea to buy content.

Not over reacted. Such stuff may be in demand but it can’t be marketable. Will be helpful if available free. That is get people freely to sit on your car! :D

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

haha, also we can’t protect the text content or we can’t show a complete preview. I don’t know how such an awesome idea born about making a marketplace for such thing.

Alternatively here is an idea:

How about stock files that focuses education. For example, animated/interative stuff that helps middle school math and science. The technologies may be different (Flash, java app, java script etc) but all categorized with topic – not by technology. I guess that’s a huge industry with possibility of stock demand.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Did anyone else notice that Slidedeck offer three versions on their own site – $99, $299 and even a free version, but nowhere on their site (as far as I can see) do they link to, or even mention their version for sale here, nor have any link to anywhere on the Envato marketplaces. In fact neither the word “Envato” nor “CodeCanyon” return any result in the search on their blog!

Does any other Envato author here have a website that does not have at least one link to their Envato portfolio?

I guess they are not using us for sales .. just for exposure.

Annoying to see these little things Envato doesn’t consider and allowing those risky exposure robberies. Similar things happened in the past on Activetut’s banner Ad area. A page flip component advertised “FREE” which potentially makes it meaningless to sell that kind of files here. Another Flash stock seller advertised a bundle similar to Envato’s bundle. Those advertisers simply don’t link back to Envato which shows they are just here for diverting exposure of authors into theirs.

Another issue is from Envato staffs reply on another thread, any marketplace that doesn’t have multiple authors similar to Envato are not considered as competitors. These point of views allows some 3rd parties to test the water here about possibility of gaining exposure which can directly affect the existence of serious authors. I am not saying authors are losing but makes us to worry much about possibility of future abuse’s of such system.

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Back to the topic after a long time. I just went through and couldn’t find the old bugs now which exitsed before. Guys can you confirm there is no issues, especially the “first time not loading iframe”?

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Distance between the main topic and the recent posts are :

(Rotate the above thing 90 degrees)

:P

6231 posts