• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says
If anyone has visited FC then he/she knows why authors like me are worried if this bundles war starts once. I am concerned because I don’t want to sell my whole portfolio just for $20-$40 and also state on my profile that if anyone buys my XYZ bundle then he/she will get all my future files for free.

If that happens here, I will just go back to freelancing and become a regular stock buyer! :D
Because that will be the era of author=suffer and buyer=better

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

ParkerAndKent, I thought these forums are making suggestions to Envato staff. Not true? lol :D
Otherwise I think it will atleast help us to learn some things from other’s approaches / experiences / openions when they share. Consider how many offtopic conversations going here (in the forums). I think Aw_shucks is bored about this thread which is good I think! j/k

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
The problem is this is an international marketplace.. so an author who lives in a country where the $ goes a long way can afford to give away all his files for $40. Of course what this does (like on other flash stock sites) its completely devalue every other file on here.

The freelance marketplaces like Elance etc are already suffering due to this problem. Not only the higher currency value countries but even the bigger companies from India also facing problems due to undercutting. One miraculous thing I am seeing here is no much authors from asian countries exists here. That doesn’t mean it will not happen in the future. Having a reliable pricing system will simply solve many long-term headaches. Once the offer/discount based pricing allowed (big-file packs can allow this to happen indirectly), the only authors who can sustain here will be those from low-currency value countries. We are living in the world of side-effects!

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
I don’t need to think some are against my file because they are openly expressing that they are against the files success quote: “The initial sales of 10 pack banner shows there is no such demand from buyers. A big relief!”

Misunderstanding. That is my qoute intended to mean “fine, atleast the buyers are not that much hungry about offers, a big relief”. It is not against your file but fear about the concept of packs with discount. Man, I won’t be here (in the forums) if I have that much care about my files or competitive mind about other’s files! :D

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
but they can (and should) control the value of files here. By setting a $40 limit and no restriction on how many files you can bundle, you are effectively letting authors set their own prices.

I really wonder how much would be the price if there is a similar pack but with 5 items. I don’t believe it will be just $20. We have to solve the pricing limit issues before experimenting the packs/bundles.

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Vale, don’t worry, adding an another badge is not going to help any of us. Just focus on changing the color of your paw rapidly and you will be more happier than getting featured! :D

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
There are 2 good things happened so far.
- The initial sales of 10 pack banner shows there is no such demand from buyers. A big relief! :D
- So far there is no bundle released with mixed variety of files (except the official bday bundle) which may have better demand from the buyers. I hope this will continue in the future :D
haha, both the above seems to be not true! :P :D

Coming from someone who has a very popular banner rotator, your comments above to me are nothing more than be uncompetitive…

Take it just as a casual/informative conversation. It is difficult to understand but I can only inform that I not even remembered that I have a banner rotator while typing those comments! Personally I have a fear about bundles (variety of files) or packs with larger files just because of the fact that it will reduce the apparent value of individual files on entire stock market and as a result, buyers will tend to expect a lot from individual files in the future (in the very near future). It is not difficult to understand if you see there is a 60% discount for a pack. That’s why those kinds of comments are here.

It is fine if the packs/bundles are icons, tiny animations, preloaders etc but for $10 files I think the discount should be a major factor to consider. Just my personal openion and it is not offensive to existing files.

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
There are 2 good things happened so far.
- The initial sales of 10 pack banner shows there is no such demand from buyers. A big relief! :D
- So far there is no bundle released with mixed variety of files (except the official bday bundle) which may have better demand from the buyers. I hope this will continue in the future :D

haha, both the above seems to be not true! :P :D

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

KenSHinH, After we receive email from Envato when the withdrawal process initiated, for international transfer it will take a few days to reach the bank. It takes atleast couple of days to reach my bank account. No worries. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by