I dont know… if we build a html page that looks like material design.I mean typo animations and….,Is that Material Design?or we should use specific framework or tool?
It look like there is no limitation on tools. There’s also a little more to MD than typography and animations – the main thread on the contest has some good resources on what MD is, but here’s a shorter video.
In accord with the contest, I thought we can help each other understand the concepts a little, as this is a good opportunity to learn something new. For example, for functional shadows it is stated that:
Shadows are the only visual affordance indicating the amount of separation between surfaces.
But is that so – if we have a light source above two surfaces, wouldn’t lifting the topmost make it appear brighter?
I think the black and bold look of the font contributes well to the adventurous atmosphere, if I get the template idea well, but that’s just me.
I think sometimes small details can ruin an overall good theme – I don’t see huge issues, so maybe follow what prestahome has suggested and ask for a little more details from the reviewer. Hopefully he will be willing to give a little more information and assistance.
The theme looks great, some details make it feel a little odd to me:
- Hovering an item in New In brings a menu from the top, which feels a little strange, plus it has too much motion and creates a loss of focus.
- Further down the theme hovering an item in Latest Deals brings a menu from the bottom, which feels better (again too much motion), but…
- The typography in that container looks very default and non-hierarchical, which is a little startling because the top area maintains a good structure.
- That gray in Latest Deals is plain boring and unsure of itself. Why? Because it is around 50% saturation. The gray is saying “I don’t know whether I am important or not.” Sometimes this can be good, depending on surrounding elements and overall color scheme. In this case making it either bold or subtle can clear this issue, maybe.
- In that same area, the deal counter’s Days Hours Min Sec are not all-caps (and have their own opinions on plural form, but we’ll play pretend for now). That makes it a little jazzy to read, plus in the container right under it you have 20 OCT in all-caps. Which is nice, but you can make all those in one style – let’s call them “auxiliary labels”. Group things, such as auxiliary labels, in terms of function and apply similar styles, it’s as simple as that – instead of grouping them based on containers.
- If you user test this, I bet my laptop that the left/right slider arrows for the Featured and New In container, small and way back there to the right, will be left unnoticed, more so that the items are not sliding, thus not signaling the user in any way that this is actually a carousel.
Hope this helps.
Best of luck,
When you’re out of money and you discover the $30 you have on ThemeForest have passed the 12 months no-withdrawal period.
I’m no affiliate aficionado, but I thought this might be useful to have a look at – maybe you’ve already seen it: How to Earn More as an Envato Marketplaces Affiliate.
Best of luck,