Maybe the View options could be simply two buttons – I’m not sure an entire dropdown is the best choice for just two choices.
The theme looks very nice, congrats. This is my opinion:
- Consider the grouping via spacing. In other words, less line-height on titles, which should be a little further from the image. Otherwise the first image is big, the eye has not time to switch from image to text, and also the second line feels detached.
- The “Archives” list has a bit too much spacing compared to the items on its left.
- Make “24 Comments” a link, leading to the comment section.
- The “Lifestyle” category placeholder could use a little less left/right spacing and a little more. top-bottom spacing.
- I think a little more contrast between all text elements won’t hurt. Whether via boldness or color.
- Headings on top of images are hard to read – either more shadow is needed, a solid or semi-solid background, or better – transparent overlay gradient (say, from 50% down to 0% up), the last approach is very non-intimidating.
Best of luck!
Thank you for sharing this video!
I am already learning to live this way and it’s amazing. Quite scary looking, at times when everyone is doing and saying the opposite, but it’s the best adventure of self-discovery ever!
One of the biggest motivators to not fall for life-long perpetuated ego games of self-deception is watching people (including myself) justify their misery with hollow concepts, fears and “what if’s” – instead on acting on their highest excitement without expectations, trusting that their inspiration is also the organizing principle that will take care of the necessary synchronicity.
While we’re at it maybe add a hoverIntent plugin for the 3 tiers of navigation.
It becomes a dropdown fiesta when your mouse gets there.
Unfortunately it doesn’t do the job – the active slide should be perfectly at the center, and have a set width.
The “Roundabout” plugin isn’t suitable either.
Thank you very much, I’ll check it!
What is a good slider that can support this functionality:
- Current image at the center.
- Current image has both static and dynamic content.
- Previous and next images dimmed to the sides.
- Optional: fade transition instead of slide, since there is content that doesn’t move.
Paying for it (CodeCanyon) is also an option.
I am also thankful that I didn’t see there were prizes, so I didn’t come up with a cheezy post.