abhimanyusharma003 Recent Posts Threads Started
814 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

I’m thankful to envato for providing me great opportunity to work directly from my home, opening new world of imagination and ideas.

I’m also thankful to my parents for support me in my life no matter what happen to me they are always there for me :)

May thanks to my friends for having lot’s of fun each and every day in my life.

Never the less: Many thanks to scott for sending me envato t-shirt.

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

Leo : That’s nonsense. First you say that TF has so many great themes, so much so that it beats the $99 Obox, Theme Furnace, Theme Junkie or any other lifetime all theme package shops. But now, you are trying to justify that some developers don’t know best Wordpress practices? :)

I actually did a test on some top themes and many made 100+ requests. Some even went into 200+ requests. Genesis loads in about 35 requests. That’s why it is called the best framework :) Plus it is lifetime.

Are we seriously comparing Genesis blank and child themes that are actual empty blog themes with multipurpose themes here? Most of the themes here do lots of requests because the customers expect 2000 themes options, 10 sliders, 200 homepages and stuff like that. I just took a look at Genesis child themes and their price is around $100 for child theme + parent theme, which is double the amount here. And this is what you get http://prntscr.com/5c12u6 . This is not beautiful, not even close, IT’S UGLY as hell. http://my.studiopress.com/themes/whitespace/ paying $100 for that is good, paying $50 for a theme here is expensive. Good logic. While their themes are good coded and look decent, they’re nowhere near as close to the top themes here, in terms of design quality. In terms of code quality I can’t talk, because I haven’t seen the code in either of them.

And regarding 200+ requests, there are minify plugins, expecting the theme authors to do it for you is not okay, that’s not related to the theme, but to the functionality of WordPress itself. A good host will do 200x the job better than removing 10 requests that barely make a difference, unless you’re SmashingMagazine or TheNextWeb.

Also the fact that some people here have amazing designs doesn’t mean that all of them do. Or that all of them know the standards. That’s the issue. If you found your good authors that do know how to write a proper WordPress themes, you won’t have any issues at all and you’ll get good value for the price paid, including possible yearly updates.

Leo : Again, you are trying to justify that USD 65 for a WooCommerce theme for single sites, with the potential for yearly renewal prices at USD 65 or more, represents a better deal than USD 99 for an all themes, unlimited sites package, inclusive of future themes from some major providers? :)

Just like the wrong statistic you’ve been using when you said that almost all theme shops are on yearly subscription? :) Again, here’s the list of lifetime and non-lifetime theme shops, including some lifetime packages that go up to 91% off :) http://www.techgarage.my/best-of-wordpress-black-friday-deals/

Paying the same price for the updates is not okay. But you don’t get something. Nobody’s forcing you to pay anything upfront. You see the update, if you need it, go ahead and respect the work that developer put by paying a percentage of the original item price for it(I’d say max 50%).

As for getting 90 themes lifetime blah blah, I thought we were over it. If you feel happy to have 86 themes that you will never use and have one that you’ll use, go ahead and get a whole theme club membership :) ThemeForest will never and should never beat this kind of offers. There will always be people selling their work for potatoes and people that will do anything, literally anything in order to avoid paying for a theme. This is life, we move on, nothing to do with either of those kind of people.

If you think that 91% OFF is good and the themes here are not good because they’re not giving discounts then you can consider this discussion over, as there’s nothing you or I can say in order to make things good. :)

This is a full-time job for most of us, if a theme sells 20 items in the first month, you don’t really expeect us to keep maintaining that theme for months, years, just because you paid a fraction of its real price, correct? And if you get 20,000 sales for a $50 theme, that’s 100,000 dollars. That doesn’t mean that any further update should and will be free and that support should be mandatory just because you did lots of money. No no, my friend, that’s not how it works. Lots of sales means lots of advertising, lots of time on support, lots of time invested in development, lots of costs. You think that just because someone made a good amount of money for lots of work and because they want their work to be appreciated they are greedy?

If you buy a Lamborghini car and they add some upgrades to the car in 1 year, you’re not entitled to that unless you pay for it, even if you paid lots of money on the car initially, no matter what it is. Simple as that.

You paid X$ for a theme and you got exactly what you saw and what you wanted. Now, if we want to be paid for extra services that were added AFTER, we’re greedy, right? You’re not greedy because you want to keep the money for yourself instead of actually paying for the developer’s time?

What a reply +1 :)

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

100$

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

congrats.

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

I’m not getting it any more, where is it now ?

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

Yes :)

I don’t think there is any issue with this.

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

if(sales === 0 && purchases === 0 && firstComment === ‘flagged’) autoDisableEntireThread();

+1 to this idea, but this is what they are doing right now.

if(threadUser === 'doru' || firstCommentUser === 'doru') autoDisableEntireThread();

Sorry for going off-topic but I have seen this :D

abhimanyusharma003
814 posts
+2 more
abhimanyusharma003 says

Congrats.

by