Hi GraphicRiver community
It seems like the digital world is going flat. Android, Metro, and now iOS7 sport icons with a flat look. There seems to be a few threads already discussing this on the forums.
I imagine that quite a few developers and designers are scrambling to get their own apps looking flatter. I’m planning an article for Envato Notes that will bring them to our Marketplaces, and I need your help!
1. What are some of the best flat icon sets and other resources on the Marketplaces that can help developers achieve a flat look? I’d like to create a collection, and feature some in the article.
2. Have you noticed a growth in sales of your own flat items recently?
3. Besides app designers, who else might be looking for flat icons?
4. Do you have any insights that would be worth quoting in the article?
Thanks everyone, you’re awesome. I’ll check back in the Aussie morning, and may have some more questions for you.
Hi awesome AudioJungle authors
At Audiotuts+ we generally focus on people who are into… audio! We cover all the major DAWs. No surprises there.
But audio geeks aren’t the only people who need to deal with audio. Videographers, app developers, and even photographers find themselves needing to do something audio-related from time to time. And because they use Adobe’s Creative Suite or Creative Cloud, the software they want to use is Adobe Audition.
Our regular authors don’t have much experience with Audition. I’m hoping some of you do. I’d like you to help me out by writing a tutorial or more, and we’ll pay you good dollars for doing so.
So put yourself in the shoes of someone into cameras or coding who is completely new to audio. We’re after tutorials that help them with the following topics:
1. “Basic sound cleanup for an audio novice.” Imagine they have a voiceover with some hiss, background noise, and lots of uhms and ahs. How can they fix it using Audition?
2. “Create a quick custom background music track for your animation.” How would a non-audio person do this with Audition without having to learn too much theory?
If you know Audition inside out, can write clearly, and have some ideas about how to tackle one or both of those topics, let me know in the thread below and I’ll get in touch. Thanks!
Adrian Try Audiotuts+ Editor
We’ve just posted our latest author interview on Envato Notes. It’s with CodeCanyon author Remi Corson.
He speaks at length about how he promotes himself, and supports his buyers. In particular, he speaks in detail about how he set up bbPress as an effective support forum.
So check out the interview. It’s worth the read!
We just posted a new recipe on Envato Notes: Selling on Envato’s Marketplaces is Just Like Baking a Cake.
This recipe is by author Samberson, and sprinkled with great ideas and good humour. It’s definitely worth a read.
What did you think?
Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve dropped in here!
@Catch22Music It’s great to hear you’re about to start work. Please keep us updated on your progress. And plenty of photos please!
@MSFX No sauna yet, thought the afternoon sun is pretty strong through those glass doors. It’s not so bad now that we’re in winter.
Things haven’t progressed much further than my last photo on page 12 of the thread. I’ve filled in the ditch that was dug for the electricians, and the grass has grown, so I’m no longer surrounded by dirt. In fact, the grass grows too quickly! And I’ve added a new digital piano and MIDI keyboard to my setup.
Working in my office is fantastic. It provides just the right amount of separation between home and work. It’s just a short walk up a hill from my back door (or a quick run if it’s raining). But once I walk through that door and sit at my desk, my head gets in work mode. I find I’m a lot more productive in here.
The walls are still unlined and uninsulated. We’ll get that done eventually. We ran out of money towards the end of the project – some costs blew out a little. We put carpet and air conditioning in by using the credit card! I’ve added some bookshelves full of books to stop sound leaking from one office into the next. I’ve been told it doesn’t work as well as I hoped.
We’ll also eventually look at doing some landscaping. The yard would work better if we put in a retaining wall and steps, instead of the uneven slope that’s there now.
Finally, we’d also like to add on an awning and deck – possibly before starting on the landscaping. That would be the ultimate finishing touch!
We have three rooms in the office in total. Besides my office, here’s how we’re using the other two:
1. My wife’s office has unexpectedly become an exercise room – against her will to some extent. Her desk and computer now share the room with a weight bench, sit up bench, exercise bike, and one of those weight benches with all the pulleys – I don’t know what you call them. The equipment was moved in there for safe keeping after our dog started to chew it all up.
2. The other room is used by my daughter. She’s studying a Bachelor of Arts correspondence course, and needed somewhere quiet to study. She feels so comfortable there that she moved her bed in as well.
Well, that’s my quick update. I’ll take some new photos over the next few days (maybe after I mow the lawn…), and post them here.
And Catch22Music and anyone else who’s building or renovating an office, I’d love to hear your updates too.
You may have seen our Outstanding New Marketplace Items posts on Envato Notes (like this one). They feature awesome content that’s new to each Marketplace, but unfortunately they don’t always include content from every Marketplace.
I need your help! Have you noticed any new items on CodeCanyon that stand out from the rest, and are worth including?
If you have some time, would you check out some new items, check out the latest items in All Categories (sorted by date). Add the link to any standout items below, and I’ll check back later. I’ll choose three favourites, and include them in the next Outstanding New Marketplace Items post.
We have a long weekend in Australia – celebrating the Queen’s birthday. So I won’t be back here till Tuesday. Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks, I really appreciate your help!