Photography seems to be a huge passion around here! Well, Monday’s a day to celebrate – it’s World Photography Day.
I’ve had the pleasure of getting to know the organiser of the event over email. Korske Ara is an Aussie photographer, and a great guy. It’s been fun working with him.
I just posted about the event on Notes, and have a few suggestions about how you can celebrate. I hope you’re keen.
Happy World Photography Day!
Hi guys and girls. We’re after some stories, and we need your help.
How have the Envato Marketplaces helped startups? Has one of your items been used by a startup?
We’d love some stories of how a startup has used a Marketplace item to get off the ground. Maybe they purchased an icon, artwork, web theme or e-commerce site. Anything!
It would be great if you could include as much detail as possible. We want real stories!
Besides encouraging everyone here on the forums, we’re planning to post some of the best stories over the coming months on Notes and the newsletter. It will be a great way to let people know how awesome our Marketplaces are, and educate them about how we can help.
“We’ve just added something new for authors to Envato Extras, the best place to find apps, tools and resources to help you get more out of Envato. SalesGenius is a web app that tracks the sales of each of your items and categories, and also offers useful projections and comparisons. Read on to learn how it can help you as an author, and hear the story about how it came to be developed.”
Today (30th July) is International Friendship Day – a day to think about our relationships with others around the world. How can you make the most of your friendships with other authors here on the Marketplaces?I put together a roundup of “collaboration posts” on Notes to help you think about that. The article includes:
- “How to” articles from other authors about how collaboration has worked for them
- Interviews from author teams about how they collaborate
- Tutorials from FreelanceSwitch and Tuts+ about collaborating effectively
- Lists of tools that help you collaborate
- And a list of 10 items created through collaboration
There’s a new article on Envato Notes by ThemeForest author Andy Wilkerson (Parallelus). It’s worth a read:
As design trends change, it’s important to adapt our products to the new styles. Right now it’s obvious we’ve officially landed in Flatland. Everywhere you look there is an explosion of flat design styles. With the release of iOS 7, we now have every major mobile operating system using a flat interface style. Apple was the last of the big three to make the shift, possibly hoping if they waited long enough the Microsoft-inspired “Metro” look wouldn’t catch on. It did.
What are your thoughts on flat design? I’d love to hear them.
SIGGRAPH is on in Anaheim from July 21st to 25th. Is anyone going?
I noticed that Mocarg went last year. How did it go? How significant/relevant is this conference to the 3DOcean community?
If anyone does go, I’d be interested in putting your thoughts about the conference on Envato Notes – so let me know.
Hi PhotoDuners, it’s Adrian from Audiotuts+
We’re planning to do a tutorial called “Audio Basics for Photographers”, and I’d love your help planning it. It will be aimed at photographers with no knowledge of audio, music theory or audio software.
- Is this a good idea?
- When do photographers need to know something about audio? What sort of topics should be in the tutorial?
- What are the biggest audio-related problems encountered by photographers? What are the pain points?
Thanks! And if my questions missed something important, I’d love you to add that too.
Hi GraphicRiver community
It seems like the digital world is going flat. Android, Metro, and now iOS7 sport icons with a flat look. There seems to be a few threads already discussing this on the forums.
I imagine that quite a few developers and designers are scrambling to get their own apps looking flatter. I’m planning an article for Envato Notes that will bring them to our Marketplaces, and I need your help!
1. What are some of the best flat icon sets and other resources on the Marketplaces that can help developers achieve a flat look? I’d like to create a collection, and feature some in the article.
2. Have you noticed a growth in sales of your own flat items recently?
3. Besides app designers, who else might be looking for flat icons?
4. Do you have any insights that would be worth quoting in the article?
Thanks everyone, you’re awesome. I’ll check back in the Aussie morning, and may have some more questions for you.
Hi awesome AudioJungle authors
At Audiotuts+ we generally focus on people who are into… audio! We cover all the major DAWs. No surprises there.
But audio geeks aren’t the only people who need to deal with audio. Videographers, app developers, and even photographers find themselves needing to do something audio-related from time to time. And because they use Adobe’s Creative Suite or Creative Cloud, the software they want to use is Adobe Audition.
Our regular authors don’t have much experience with Audition. I’m hoping some of you do. I’d like you to help me out by writing a tutorial or more, and we’ll pay you good dollars for doing so.
So put yourself in the shoes of someone into cameras or coding who is completely new to audio. We’re after tutorials that help them with the following topics:
1. “Basic sound cleanup for an audio novice.” Imagine they have a voiceover with some hiss, background noise, and lots of uhms and ahs. How can they fix it using Audition?
2. “Create a quick custom background music track for your animation.” How would a non-audio person do this with Audition without having to learn too much theory?
If you know Audition inside out, can write clearly, and have some ideas about how to tackle one or both of those topics, let me know in the thread below and I’ll get in touch. Thanks!
Adrian Try Audiotuts+ Editor