Posts by al_m473

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

I just discovered and used a Firefox tool called View Style Information and discovered that one of the site templates for sale on TF is using background images for major parts of the content area on the home page.

That is a big no-no as far as I am concerned.

It makes the page very difficult to change to what you want and was not something that I would expect to see on any template for sale here. I am not sure why the author would create their page that way, it is not that difficult to code up headings, etc and is much adaptable to what I might want to do with it if I buy the template.

that is why I want to see your code, the pretty picture revealed on the web page is not enough to entice me to buy, sorry.

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

can’t you use firebug to decipher what controls this?

this is what I would start with

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

be nice if you could have the paper going into the shredder and out, would be a nice effect

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

in ie6, looks to me like the .container is being placed following the stuff on the right, not sure why but does not look like the absolute positioning is not working the way you think it should be. does abs positioning work the same in ie6 as in ie7, etc?

the other two, I don’t know

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

also notice that in IE7 , the nav links have no thick bottom border, in FF and Chrome they do

is this the effect you are trying to achieve?

Al

p.s. I usually use IE7 for most of what I do on the web, although I do have Firefox 3. and Chrome on my PC

353 posts
al_m473 says

just ran it in IE Tester here, ugly,

really needs to be fixed

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

not cutting off in Chrome here

Al

p.s. nice theme

353 posts
al_m473 says

I learned about HTML /CSS code just a couple of years ago and did not come up through the tables path. I have never used tables for layout and would find them hard to use now for that purpose. i also find all that inline CSS code you find in some web pages is vary hard to decipher, I am very much used to the cleaner code of web pages using CSS for layout.

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

in the forums, I find the author gravatars and icons beneath them are harder to read with the dark background, not as distinctive, at least according to my old eyes. I have not checked out the other areas of the web site. your opinion may differ,

Al

p.s. for example, trying to read the notes at the bottom of the thread entry page is harder for me, I need to get closer in to see the contents and “pastie” does not show up on my screen (not highlighted) , as does “you can do much more” and “or Cancel’, these are not highlighted at all for reading. I guess dark on light shows up better for me. “Start thread” at the top of this form entry is not even visible.

Page needs work. for old eyes like mine to read it easily. I find gray on a dark background is not as visble to me as dark on a light background is. Especially if you use a small font like you do at the bottom of the thread entry page.

353 posts
al_m473 says

is net tuts down again or is it just me?

al

by
by
by
by
by
by