al_m473 says

is NET TUTS down now?

time is 12:23 PM EDT Wed June 24

Al

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

right on Justin. this reflects the comments I made in assessing the anniversary entries. many were all the same design layout which after a while becomes very boring. there are limits to what can be done on the flat screen we look at everyday but designers need to stretch their wings.

it would be interesting to look at all of the templates on TF and categorize them by layout. you probably would not find that many. in the end, I go back to web sites for content, not design layout, regardless of how fancy or not it is.

perhaps it is a matter of templates not being very sellable but I really would like to see templates for sale that would cover some of those topics that the writer above mentions. maybe we are not using our imaginations enough to see how some of those already availble could be used for a broad range of uses.

al

353 posts
al_m473 says

just downloaded the template and tried it. navigating around the pages is not intuitive, but Ido like it.

al

353 posts
al_m473 says

just try to look at nettuts with ie6, ain’t pretty

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

all good comments, thanks,

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

one thing that prevents me from buying any of the PSD templates is that I don’t have Photoshop and any way to easily slice them up for use.

Can they be sliced using any other tool or are PSDs sliced up ready for use available?

Slice em up and i will have more of a reason to buy them, otherwise it is just a nice picture to me and very hard to duplicate. Not everyone has the fabulous tool called Photoshop.

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

I notice that any of the rollover images used on the templates are advancing in sequential order. is there any jquery option that will display an image based on random choice? if I use 10 images, the option would show them all over time, but in random order. is there anything like that?

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

not sure about this but how many of the jquery effects are created by the TF authors? I would suppose that most of them are using standrard out of the box routines, not ones they have created.

why would I want to buy an effect from them if they have not created it to start with? I don’t paying for something you create but don’t rebox something you did not create and then sell it to me.

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

go and look at the code you see. you can no longer see what the code used by the author looks like, that is why the name has changed, what you see is totally different than before. it is no longer a live preview, it is a page display.

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

are there any cheaper alternatives to Photoshop? I don’t have PS and the price tag seems quite prohibitive at this time. Is GIMP a usable alternative? Can you use it to slice up PSDs as you do in PS? or are there any other tools you can use to slice up PSDs? I think this is the function I would most like to be able to accomplish if I buy PSDs.

perhaps some tutorials on using alternative software to accomplish some of the things you do with PS would be nice, not all of us have the latest bells and whistles to play with.

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by