• Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

all good comments, thanks,

Al

349 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
al_m473 says

one thing that prevents me from buying any of the PSD templates is that I don’t have Photoshop and any way to easily slice them up for use.

Can they be sliced using any other tool or are PSDs sliced up ready for use available?

Slice em up and i will have more of a reason to buy them, otherwise it is just a nice picture to me and very hard to duplicate. Not everyone has the fabulous tool called Photoshop.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

I notice that any of the rollover images used on the templates are advancing in sequential order. is there any jquery option that will display an image based on random choice? if I use 10 images, the option would show them all over time, but in random order. is there anything like that?

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

not sure about this but how many of the jquery effects are created by the TF authors? I would suppose that most of them are using standrard out of the box routines, not ones they have created.

why would I want to buy an effect from them if they have not created it to start with? I don’t paying for something you create but don’t rebox something you did not create and then sell it to me.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

go and look at the code you see. you can no longer see what the code used by the author looks like, that is why the name has changed, what you see is totally different than before. it is no longer a live preview, it is a page display.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

are there any cheaper alternatives to Photoshop? I don’t have PS and the price tag seems quite prohibitive at this time. Is GIMP a usable alternative? Can you use it to slice up PSDs as you do in PS? or are there any other tools you can use to slice up PSDs? I think this is the function I would most like to be able to accomplish if I buy PSDs.

perhaps some tutorials on using alternative software to accomplish some of the things you do with PS would be nice, not all of us have the latest bells and whistles to play with.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

are the newer templates being added on a regular basis to TF negatively affecting sales of the earlier templates?

I would think that this might be the case, with some exceptions though.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

looks good so far

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

surprised this is popping up again.

still looking for positive feedback from this query, not sure why designers would not want their web sites featured using the purchased templates?

and I don’t think it is just a matter of privacy, the authors of web sites for sale here are plying their wares, their web design expertise and want me to believe that they are the answer to my desire to find a web designer for my project if I wanted one.

so what gives? does not anyone here have an example of where their template has been purchased and used in a web site? is it not legitimate for you, as the author of the web template/PSD, to advertise where your work is being featured?

I am reaaly surprised that after all of template sales that at least some examples of how they have been used has not been adverised.

al

349 posts
al_m473 says

I use Irfanview to change the size of graphics,

al

by
by
by
by
by