• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+2 more
andrew8088 says

Joined the Envato Staff team and ordered a Nike+ iPod sensor; can’t wait to start logging my runs; go Team Envato Staff!

I’ve been running with my two brothers and Dad since about the beginning of July; I should have bought a chip and started logging back then!

32 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says
One restriction one need to take note of though, the project one’s using the Single License item in, must be free and not include the files if it’s downloadable.

Ah, well, then I guess I can’t use it; the screencast is for a Nettuts+ Premium / Tuts+ Marketplace tutorial, so it’s definitely not free (although the image can’t be downloaded separately, only in the video).

Thanks for pointing that out, Patrik!

32 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says

I’ve got an item from here on GraphicRiver (it was actually part of the Birthday Bundle). I’m working on a screencast and I’d like to use the image as title “slides” for the sections of the screencast. Does the standard license allow me to use the same image, say, 5 or 6 times within the same screencast?

Thanks for clearing this up for me! I couldn’t find this in the wiki/help.

32 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says

Excellent interview! You’re my biggest web dev hero, Mr. Way; knowing you started learning after high school gives me some hope!

32 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says

Great article, Naomi!

Wow, this really hits home for me. Thank you for this insightful post Naomi. I’m currently studying Computer Science at a university in the UK, and to be honest, it’s not going very well. The course is not exactly well “designed” – There’s an OOP module, a maths module, an Information Systems module and a “Managers and Organisations” module. The last two are utterly dull and completely detract from any enjoyment I could gain from the OOP module. They’re not just dull; I would definitely question their relevance to my course. Frankly, the IS module, is just re-iterating what I had to learn in secondary school.

I’m in a similar situation here in Canada! You’re so right about Information Systems; up until recently, I hardly learned anything. It’s kind of frustrating when they explain what an office suite is and does; I’ve been using that stuff for easily over 12 years!

32 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says

Great Review; it’s been an exciting week!

32 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
+2 more
andrew8088 says

Great article! And I had to chuckle at your bio, which describes me almost perfectly: I’m on Windows 7, prefer Notepad++, and studying hard for several courses!

by
by
by
by
by
by