You must be the geekiest geek in the whole geek universe of Envato
Great! Now I need this new Macbook Pro
Loose the borders, the overall appearance will be much cleaner and friendlier.
It’s a good start but needs some improvement. Here is what I would change:
- the social media buttons drain to much attention. They need to be much smaller, less ‘popping’ and on the right side of the page, since the left top corner is where the user looks first.
- the primary navigation is to small compared to the social icons. Also the hover style is to hard, and doesn’t fit into the overall look of the page.
- the dark pink and bright pink proportion is off. Consider using the 1/3 or 1/4 rule here.
- the post structure needs to ‘cleaned up’ as well. Here you also have to decide what is important, and what is not. E.g. the tags look nice but seem to outshine everything else.
- same thing applies to the sidebar.
Hope this helps
Don’t worry, there is another trend going on: Building botnets by utilizing [irony] very professional, competent and obviously very successful [/irony] web-designers, aka ‘honey-potted’ WordPress themes.
Some people need to get hacked, banned by their hosting provider and fired from their web-design projects, in order to realize that sharing sites do not exist for the sake of charity. In the end the question remains, was it worth those lousy 35 dollars?
That’s one of the good customers, he’s asking for the manual, and not for you to do his job for him
Tell him the exact location of the manual, and also explain that there is an index.html file (if so) he needs to open with this browser.
I haven’t seen a plugin doing that, you’ll have to write it yourself I’m afraid.
You can include the WordPress importer plugin into your theme, and call it programmatically.It already does this:
- Create default pages with demo content
- Create default posts, categories, comments, with media and thumbnails assigned, etc..
- Automatically create menus and assign them to theme menu positions
You’ll need a demo site where the importer fetches the media images from.
The remaining tasks can be done easily:
Change wordpress reading settings to static front pageThis can be done with a simple update_option()
Automatically setup all sidebar widgets with default settingsWidgets are stored as a serialized array in the database, it’s not big deal to write a import function for that.
Call me at 555-123123 …